Hormone Replacement

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Hormone Replacement

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:12 am

I believe I’ve discussed my low testosterone levels here before and certainly have over at NC, perhaps before some of you left there. In the beginning I used Androgel to try to boost my levels but then was advised by my new doctor tester one injections would work after. However, my libido dropped and my testicles nearly disappeared due to shrinkage or ascendancy into my groin. Sometime after I was referred to an endocrinologist who suggested and prescribed Fortesta (testosterone) Gel. I’m pleased with the results. Not only did my libido improve but my testicles dropped again and are at or near their original size. I just did blood work again today to determine if I’m on the appropriate dosage, three metered 10 mg doses per day. The doctor may propose raising it to four when I see him next week. Fortesta comes in a 60 gram pump actuated canister. It is a controlled substance so I can get only the prescribed amount every 30 days, like other controoled drugs.

I don’t know the cost since I fill my prescriptions at the base pharmacy as a retired military member.

I hope this information might be helpful to anyone considering testosterone therapy.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Re: Hormone Replacement

Postby Maverick » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Jim, thanks for the information. I've wondered myself how well the various means of "boosting T" work. Glad to hear that you have something that's working for you.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Jim, I am so glad you found a way out of that dilemma.
Hope your progress continues!
A service member going back to "active duty" is a good thing indeed.
I think you will be needed stateside only of course.
Glad for you, buddy!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:45 am

Very interesting, I use the injectable form every other week. My job is very physical and it enables me to keep up with it without the muscle and joint pain I had been experiencing for a bout a year. I have noticed no change in libido or testicle size from using it. Since my insurance doesn’t cover it, I had to go with the cheapest option (about $40.00 per month). I’ve heard that other forms are much more expensive. So glad to hear that you have found something that works well for you
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

Thanks nakedpreacher and Ramblinman.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues