Nude Family swim in Calgary

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nude Family swim in Calgary

Postby geologist2007 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 am

A group has rented out a city pool for nude family swim times. The pool has water slides, a wave pool and hot tubs. They had to cap antendees at 160 people to make sure they can keep it under control. Amazing. Wish I could attend... More planned for other months too
http://calgarysun.com/news/local-news/nudist-group-hosting-series-of-swim-nights/wcm/4b7384cc-0b95-48dd-b7ff-7a81664c1f34
geologist2007
Permanent Resident

Re: Nude Family swim in Calgary

Postby webmeister » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 am

There promotion is refreshing...I love it. Wouldn't it be something it it begins to catch on elsewhere. :)
"Organizers also stress on the group’s meetup.com page that the swim events “are not a place to show off your body to others, compare or stare, but rather a place that you can enjoy being naked, in your rawest self-expression in a safe and welcoming, non-judgmental environment.”
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am

A definite body-positive event. Wouldn't it be great if this concept caught on around the world as a way to introduce the true spirit and intent of social nudity.?

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

I was struck with how open they are.
Where I used to live, the nudist night was very hush-hush.
I heard that after I moved away, gender balance grew more and more toward males, women stopped attending and the whole thing ceased.
It was very balanced when I attended with no rules requiring balance.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 pm

All I can say is... :like:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Saw this shared by a conservative (US) news outlet this morning, which seemed to put a sexual deviancy spin on things. Reading this article, this opinion piece, and the official event page seem to say otherwise.

I do understand the concern regarding pedophilia and sexual harassment, but if there is a "no tolerance" policy in place, then I don't think there should be a problem.

Geologist, as an ignorant American I'm curious: where do Calgary and Alberta in general tend to fall on the political spectrum? This seems like something that has ruffled some feathers.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm

The opinion article shared by Maverick above wraps up by saying,

"So, here’s my raw opinion on what should be a non-issue. If you don’t like social nudity, keep your clothes on and don’t attend the planned events. It’s a solution as obvious as a bare bottom."

Makes me feel like saying, :duh:
I transfer camcorder tapes & other analog media to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:27 pm

I agree. If one doesn’t wish to see naked bodies, stay away. There are more opportunities for clothed swimming than skinny dipping.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Isn't this the same organized swim that decided to shut down after a local church raised heck about it...I remember reading about that somewhere (maybe here).

Found this link, talking lawsuits from both sides: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nude-swim-calgary-event-controversy-1.4478987
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

One issue raised was that of allowing nudity at a venue owned by the public.
Of course, Haulover Beach and Hippie Hollow are both on public land and exist to accommodate the needs of those who wish to engage in nude recreation.
And less officially, Apollo Beach in the Canaveral National Seashore accommodates nude recreation.
So a precedent has been set here in the United States.
I think that a beach in one of Canada's eastern cities does so as well.
So Calgary citizens don't have any ground to stand on with their demand that nudists not be granted a designated timeslot.
Ideally, nude recreation should not be relegated to "after hours", but this is certainly a good start.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:31 pm

I detest the fact that some people not only don't want to be naked, they don't want us to be naked, even in private.
If they could make it illegal, we wouldn't even be able to verbally recommend social nudity.
Oh, wait it is illegal in Arkansas. You cannot even recommend it to a person of the opposite sex.
Thought crime is live and well in America and some Canadians are highly jealous of that law!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 pm

webmeister wrote:Isn't this the same organized swim that decided to shut down after a local church raised heck about it...I remember reading about that somewhere (maybe here).

Found this link, talking lawsuits from both sides: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nude-swim-calgary-event-controversy-1.4478987

:( :argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Oh No! They actually cancelled the event. 20,000 signatures (population is 1.2 million) of protest and a report of a threat of cameras and baseball bats shut it down. The concern was over children attending and overall safety. Councilman said they could have made it 18+
Like Natman says :argh:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 am

webmeister wrote:Oh No! They actually cancelled the event. 20,000 signatures (population is 1.2 million) of protest and a report of a threat of cameras and baseball bats shut it down. The concern was over children attending and overall safety. Councilman said they could have made it 18+

I hope they will sue the city!
And they should never compromise on 18+ .
Children are the biggest beneficiaries of naturism, before their minds are confused by the culture of shame and lewdness they have a better change of learning lasting values.
I am sorry that Hippie Hollow in Texas compromised. The place needed better security rather than age limits.
I am eye witness to such events being safe, fun and wholesome for all ages, from 5 up to 85.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 pm

webmeister wrote:Oh No! They actually cancelled the event. 20,000 signatures (population is 1.2 million) of protest and a report of a threat of cameras and baseball bats shut it down. The concern was over children attending and overall safety. Councilman said they could have made it 18+

The event was ticketed and there were only a few under 18s going, and they were children of attending adults. There was no chance of under 18s who were not accustomed to nude swimming attending.

the 18+ thing was just making excuses.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Next

Return to Nude News