NEWS - Tan ban on nude man

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

NEWS - Tan ban on nude man

Postby natman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:54 am

Tan ban on nude man
By Nigel Freedman

An old man has been told to stop sunbathing naked - or face jail.

Serial flasher Richard Stofer, 63, has a history of letting it all hang out when the sun comes out.

But he has been given a final warning after being caught lying naked in a neighbour's garden while she was out.

Police were called after another neighbour's children saw him lying on his front from from upstairs window.

Officers who climbed onto a chair and peered over a hedge could see him in the garden in Victoria Drive, Eastbourne.

He claimed he had gone into the garden after his own lawn was left in shadow.

Stofer was in breach of an antisocial behaviour order (Asbo) banning him from exposing himself in public, a court heard.

Robert Hall, prosecuting, said Stofer had previous convictions for sunbathing naked and exposing himself on Eastbourne beach in 2004.

He was also prosecuted for stripping off in the front garden of his home in Milton Road, Eastbourne, where he could be seen through a hole in the hedge.

The Asbo was slapped on him in 2005 and he was warned he faced up to five years in prison if he flouted it.

Stofer had denied breaching the order on July 31 last year and was due to stand trial at Hove Crown Court yesterday. (thu) However, he changed his plea to guilty after being told he would be given a suspended sentence.

He admitted breaking the ban by exposing his genitals in a place which was in public view.

Charles Royale, defending, said: "He is extremely sorry and ashamed.

"He only went into the neighbour's garden to sunbathe when his own became overshadowed.

"He did not know he was being observed but accepts that he should have checked properly to see if he could be seen by others.

"He says he was not lying in a way to expose himself and had a towel to cover himself if anyone came."

Stofer was given a five month prison sentence suspended for two years.

He was also banned from going into the neighbour's garden for two years.

Judge Cedric Joseph told him:"This sort of conduct cannot continue.

"If you commit and offence of this kind again you will be going straight off to prison."

4:26pm Thursday 21st June 2007
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby natman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am

Officers who climbed onto a chair and peered over a hedge could see him in the garden

How could he have been in "public" view, if they had to climb on a chair and peer over a hedge to see him?

This is simply ridiculous.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 pm

This guy is guilty of no worse than trespassing and bad judgment. It sounds like someone has it in for him. :roll:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Strandloper » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Exactly!

One wonders who laid the Asbo on him, and why. It seems that there’s a hidden agenda.
It also seems as if he was conned by the legal system into pleading guilty.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:44 am

It is so ridiculous that it actually read like a joke to me--I was actually anticipating the punch line that I was sure was coming :oops: --only to realize in the end, that this is actually a serious story :cry: :roll: :? :hairy: :argh:

:caution: The inmates are running the asylum--they're coming to take me away...ha-ha-ho-ho-hee-hee.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby nudjohn » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:59 pm

where life is beautifu all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in those clean white coats and they are comming to take me away ha ha!
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby dby » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:55 am

nudjohn wrote:where life is beautifu all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in those clean white coats and they are comming to take me away ha ha!

The non-textile connection with this song is the hand claps. They wanted a whole group of people to record the clap track, but only 3 people showed up (it was a 2 AM session). With so few people, it was decided to double the claps by dropping their pants and slapping their hands on their thighs.

I have the Napoleon XIV CD sitting around here somewhere.....
Last edited by dby on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dby
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:44 pm

I'd never heard that story, dby! Thanks! :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby dby » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 pm

jochanaan wrote:I'd never heard that story, dby! Thanks! :lol:

For even more obscure stories about the making of this song see:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=675

:lol: 8)
dby
Native Resident

Postby nudjohn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:17 pm

OFF TOPIC ALERT!

A radio station signed ON-AIR with little library so they ran that song for well over 24hrs non stop. :roll: :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby minister72 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:59 am

Back on topic - this story really frustrates me. It really sounds like, for the most part, folks are going out of their way to get this guy in trouble. Just talk to the guy and let him know he is visible to children. There isn't a need to call the police unless he refuses to cover himself when he is visible to them.
minister72
Native Resident

Return to Nude News