NEWS- Survey Results, Nude recreation more popular than golf

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

NEWS- Survey Results, Nude recreation more popular than golf

Postby natman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Nude recreation more popular than golf
Hal Mattern
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 27, 2007 12:55 PM
[LINK TO ARTICLE]

Here's a news flash (pun intended): Nude recreation is now more popular than golf.

A new survey by Yesawich, Pepperdine, Brown & Russell/Yankelovich Partners indicates that 12 percent of adults consider a resort that offers a nude recreation experience extremely desirable. Only 10 percent said the same about golf, and 6 percent said they prefer tennis.

We don't think they asked about nude golf or tennis.

This news will come as no surprise to the owners of Mira Vista Resort in Marana, just north of Tucson. The 14-room clothing-optional resort plans to expand by 2009 to include 114 condominium-style time-share units, said David Landman, one of the owners.

Demand at the resort has been brisk, Landman said, and on busy weekends it maintains a waiting list in case someone cancels.

The survey found that younger, more active adults are more open to nude recreation than baby boomers, who apparently are acknowledging the affects that gravity is having on their bodies.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby boondon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:40 am

Finally! Maybe people are coming to their senses! :-)
Don
God has created you naked and called you "Very Good!"
boondon
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Well, it makes perfect sense. Golf and tennis are very limited games, but you can do almost anything in the nude--including things that require a minimal learning curve and conditioning process. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:18 pm

I see people playing tennis nude here all the time.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Hmmm...Is sitting on the porch without clothes considered nude recreation? ;)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:44 pm

jochanaan wrote:Hmmm...Is sitting on the porch without clothes considered nude recreation? ;)

Websters wrote:Main Entry: rec·re·a·tion
Pronunciation: "re-krE-'A-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English recreacion, from Anglo-French, from Latin recreation-, recreatio restoration to health, from recreare to create anew, restore, refresh, from re- + creare to create
: refreshment of strength and spirits after work; also : a means of refreshment or diversion : HOBBY

Based on this definition, I suppose simply relaxing on the porch could be "restorative", particularly in today's rush-rush world. :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:02 pm

natman wrote:
jochanaan wrote:Hmmm...Is sitting on the porch without clothes considered nude recreation? ;)

Websters wrote:Main Entry: rec·re·a·tion
Pronunciation: "re-krE-'A-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English recreacion, from Anglo-French, from Latin recreation-, recreatio restoration to health, from recreare to create anew, restore, refresh, from re- + creare to create
: refreshment of strength and spirits after work; also : a means of refreshment or diversion : HOBBY

Based on this definition, I suppose simply relaxing on the porch could be "restorative", particularly in today's rush-rush world. :D

Indeed. It occurs to me that, while golf and tennis are very specific activities with more-or-less well-defined rules, nudism/naturism potentially embraces ALL forms of recreation. And of course, my chosen profession, music, is very recreative--especially when nudity is involved. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:14 am

I find that our nude Bible studies on our patio or garden swing, with a cup of fresh coffee, surrounded by the sights ans smells of our flowers, are the most "recreative" activities we enjoy, both physically and spiritually.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Nude News