NEWS - Priest Arrested for Jogging Nude

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

NEWS - Priest Arrested for Jogging Nude

Postby bullet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:31 pm

My dear brothers....and sisters. Many of you have expressed a joy in jogging nude. I don't know if the same laws apply elsewhere as they appear to in CO, but this is an interesting article. I hope it's not someone we know. I also hope this link works, lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070808/ap_ ... Wt_qftiBIF
bullet

Postby jochanaan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:00 pm

From the article: "He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report."

He seems not to have any knowledge of Biblical nudity. :cry: I wonder if he's ever heard of Jim Cunningham?
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Josh » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 pm

That is just so disgustingly stupid and ridiculous. He would have to be a registered sex offender just for the horrible crime of being naked at 4:30 AM!! Man how come the USA is so backward here! Hideous crimes are frequently overlooked and tolerated and they want to mark a man for life for being naked in a public place when he thought he was alone. Such a fanatical, hypocritical society we live in in regards to the unclothed human body!!
JOSH
Josh
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:42 am

According to Colorado state law, he would have had to have executed an "intentional affront" to another person. Unless he was doing something other than jogging, I do not see how they can pen "sex offfender" on him.

Colorado Statute wrote:18-7-302, Indecent Exposure. (1) A person commits indecent exposure if he knowingly exposes his genitals to the view of any person under circumstances in which such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the other person.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:54 am

natman wrote:According to Colorado state law, he would have had to have executed an "intentional affront" to another person. Unless he was doing something other than jogging, I do not see how they can pen "sex offfender" on him.

Colorado Statute wrote:18-7-302, Indecent Exposure. (1) A person commits indecent exposure if he knowingly exposes his genitals to the view of any person under circumstances in which such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the other person.

Also, I found out recently that law or policy requires an actual complaint to be made. Not an anonymous complaint, and it can't come from the police--someone has to sign their name to the complaint and be willing to testify. (This information is from participants in the World Naked Bike Ride in Boulder.)

It's too bad the priest caved. I would have loved to see this case go to court! 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Josh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:50 am

I'm a little more comfortable with the way the law is stated. I mean how in the world can they lump innocent nudity together with some pervert who wants to wag his privates in the face of little boys and girls for crude sexual shock value?
JOSH
Josh
Native Resident

Return to Nude News