Writing to Stossel

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Writing to Stossel

Postby nakedpreacher » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:18 pm

I sent the following email to John Stossel recently...
Dear Mr. Stossel

Recently a Legislator in Montana wrote a bill which would restrict clothing which revealed the human form. A Woman could be found guilty of a misdemeanor if you could discern the shape of a nipple beneath her blouse in addition flesh colored yoga pants would have been illegal because they gave the appearance of nudity. The Law was never even brought to the floor but it made me wonder where the Libertarian party stands on this issue. I sent an email to the WY Libertarian party and got no response. In a 2000 poll commissioned by the Naturist Education Foundation over 80% of respondents said that Nude sunbathing should be allowed in designated areas, and 25% said that they had participated in nude activities in mixed company (skinny dipping, sunbathing, etc.) However Official nude beaches and traditional unofficial nude beaches are being closed down one after another. Of the few scientific studies which have been done on the subject, all have found that children raised in an environment where nonsexual nudity is normal grow up with a better self image/body image, more sexual satisfaction in adult life, lower rates of teen pregnancy, and less occurrence of sexual deviance. Social nudity, though not for everyone, is not harmful and has many physical and psychological benefits. I know that you are not a spokesman for the Libertarian party but you are well respected in it. Could you please look into this and consider adding to the visibility of the cause by doing a show on it. It is a subject which is well within the Libertarian viewpoint but is one that I think that few have considered as evidenced by the lack of response from the party.

Thank you

I have received no response. If you would like to email him as well there is a link through fox news' website. Hopefully if he gets enough emails on it he will be spurred to action. If the libertarian party were to make nudism/naturism part of their platform I think they would get a sizable bump in their numbers.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Re: Writing to Stossel

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 am

Montana Rep. David Moore (R-Missoula) introduced H.R. 365 Bill Tuesday Februrary 10, 2015 and members of the House Judiciary Committee voted unanimously to table House Bill 365 on Wednesday February 11, 2015

Try to provide more details in your emails and letters. It comes across as a joke otherwise or simply too vague to follow through.

I would like to see the Libertarian response to this issue.
There are other reasons for opposing this party, but I would certainly like to see them champion this issue instead of ducking it.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to Nude News