Stephen Colbert Tests TV Censorship Limits With Nude Art

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Stephen Colbert Tests TV Censorship Limits With Nude Art

Postby natman » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Stephen Colbert Tests Network Censorship Limits With Nude Art
http://www.thewrap.com/stephen-colbert- ... art-video/

“Late Show” host mocks fact he must blur famous art work depicting naked people

Stephen Colbert joked at the expense of his own network on Thursday’s “Late Show,” on which he explored what kind of tasteful art CBS censors will allow.

Colbert mocked the fact that in order to display the Modigliani painting “Reclining Nude,” which recently sold at auction for $170 million, he had to blur out the nudity.

“As you can see, I have to blur both Hootie and the Blowfish,” he said. “To see the full thing, you have to $170 million. Or the internet.”

He went on to display a Georgia O’Keefe painting which Colbert said clearly depicted “the sex organs of a flower.” And when it comes to Michaelangelo’s “David,” the rules get even stranger.

“I am allowed to display only a distant picture of the ‘David’ for — and this is absolutely true — a total of two seconds,” Colbert said.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Stephen Colbert Tests TV Censorship Limits With Nude Art

Postby Petros » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 pm

It seems - in once sense if the term - less idiotic when you have dealt long term with the [even pre-TWEET] burearatic mind.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Petros wrote:It seems - in once sense if the term - less idiotic when you have dealt long term with the [even pre-TWEET] burearatic mind.

Is that "Pre-Tweet" or "Pre-Twit"??? :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Depends - do you like to follow the original or the anglicized pronunciation of words like zwieback and Birkenstock? I once shocked a German student who knew I have German by naming the sandal the Amurrikin way.

Possibly from the Gaelic [tuit] "fall, stumble, slip"

Differentiated in English - the [twit] is by nature inclined to do a pratfall, while one [twitters] a [tweet] aiming to cause someone to fall.

But the twitterocracy, tweetocracy, and twitocracy are to all intents and purposes one.

Still, toi address your query more precisely, you will not find "pre-twit" bureaucracies in the annals of History, while Tweets are relatively new.

----

I remember when I first heard of Twitter - I said to Herself, WHO in his right mind would have any use for that?

I stiill wonder.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:59 pm

"If there's a young orchid in the room, please cover his stamen." :lol: "...stack hookers like cordwood." :lol: Colbert gets it exactly right here. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:15 am

I wonder if he knows the origin of "orchid"

The ingrown censor might not let me go explicit. Those who cannot extrapolate from "orchitis" may look it up.

I cannot but wonder if the chap who named the ladyslipper had tongue in cheek.

Petros
Native Resident

Return to Nude News