NEWS - Nude woman protests Cologne sexual assaults

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

NEWS - Nude woman protests Cologne sexual assaults

Postby Maverick » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:47 pm

If you keep up with world news, you may have heard about the male refugees who sexually assaulted German women outside the Hauptbahnhof and Cathedral in Köln (Cologne), Germany. If not, here is a link to get you up to date: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cologne-sexual-assaults-british-girl-describes-seeing-screaming-women-being-attacked-on-new-years-a6800666.html

A woman is protesting these sexual assaults by standing, nude, in the same square where they happened: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/08/nude-female-cologne-protest-we-are-not-fair-game-even-when-we-are-naked/

A performance artist has taken to the very same square in which dozens of women were sexually assaulted, stolen from, and raped, in a bid to remind Germany and the newly arrived migrants that women are “not fair game” even when naked.

Milo Moire was photographed completely nude, holding up a poster reading “Respect us! We are no fair game, even when we are naked!!!” near Cologne’s landmark Cathedral on the morning of January 8, 2016.

Thirty-one suspects, including 18 asylum seekers, are under investigation over offences including assault and theft in Cologne on New Year’s Eve, Germany’s interior ministry has said, while Cologne’s chief of police is said to have been dismissed over the scandal.

The Local reports that it was just four degrees celsius (39F) outside in Cologne when the protest took place this morning:

The 32-year-old Düsseldorf-based artist and model stood on the square outside Cologne’s world-famous cathedral for around 20 minutes on Friday morning, watched by members of the public and a few police officers, who joined the group of onlookers but took no action against Moiré.

“I stand for women’s freedom to move freely. For the things we’ve achieved in the past 50 years – for women’s emancipation,” Moiré told German newspaper Bild.

“I don’t want people to trample on these values and for women to have to adapt themselves. Women must be able to live their values of freedom, with self-determination and self-awareness,” she added.

She said: “I am firmly convinced that women will no longer be treated as sex objects when a naked woman is treated with as much respect as a clothed one.”

“I have no tolerance for what happened and how things have gone afterwards. I immediately felt as if I were being addressed. This is my first explicit political statement… Women should behave as normal and not allow themselves to be intimidated. It’s now politicians’ job to take steps such that this never happens again.”

This is the same woman who walked naked through a German art gallery earlier this year: https://vimeo.com/120567436

I don't agree with everything I see and read about her, but I think this protest is done in good faith. Thoughts?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: NEWS - Nude woman protests Cologne sexual assaults

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 pm

I think that this is one protest where the nudity is a central issue and is integral to the message which the protester is trying to convey. Hopefully there will be Similar protests elsewhere. As a father of four daughters I am obviously opposed to the sexualization and commercialization of women's bodies. I hope it will do some good.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Good for her. I hope a lot of other women join her. Muslims have a very bad record when it comes to women.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:54 am

jasenj1 wrote:Muslims have a very bad record when it comes to women.

But you can't say that because it's not politically correct! :lol:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:13 am

She said: “I am firmly convinced that women will no longer be treated as sex objects when a naked woman is treated with as much respect as a clothed one.”

“I have no tolerance for what happened and how things have gone afterwards. I immediately felt as if I were being addressed. This is my first explicit political statement… Women should behave as normal and not allow themselves to be intimidated. It’s now politicians’ job to take steps such that this never happens again.”

I fully support her message as quoted above. We all should support her.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Good for Mlle. Moire! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:24 am

Had I been there I would have loved to offer her a large cup of warm chocolate if she would accept it.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:10 pm

I saw the article with a "slightly" censored image show up on the Fox New site last week but did not get a chance to follow up and post it.

More power to her if she is able to stand out in 39 degrees-F temperature, totally nude.

I wonder if her efforts have had much of an affect, particularly on Muslims who think so little of women in general.

In the images in the article above, the people around her do not seem to be too interested.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

natman wrote:I wonder if her efforts have had much of an affect, particularly on Muslims who think so little of women in general.

In the images in the article above, the people around her do not seem to be too interested.

Germans are pretty used to nudity. Bare breasts and naked bodies aren't censored on TV like they are over here. People routinely sunbathe naked in public parks. More "liberal" Muslims such as the many Turks that already live in Germany have mostly learned to tolerate this sort of thing. I don't know about the refugees like the ones who instigated the sexual assaults.

If anything, her protest is a breath of fresh air from what the German government has told women to do--travel in groups, stay at arm's length from men, etc. Here's a link to an article from her website (in German): http://www.milomoire.com/?p=3268

Translated quote:
I am firmly convinced that women will no longer be perceived as sex objects when one shows as much respect for a naked woman as a clothed woman. One should respect us women: [People] should make no difference if [someone] is naked or clothed. The values of women remain preserved.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:09 am

My take on the Muslim issue is simple, the men are afraid of their women.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Nude News