Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Maverick » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Article link: https://www.thelocal.fr/20160923/could-paris-soon-have-its-own-nudist-spot

Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Nudists in Paris will be cheered by a new plan to finally allow them to hang out in a designated open air area, without fear of being arrested.

Naturists in Paris have not felt themselves for a long time.

The problem: They've never had anywhere to let it all hang out.

Sure, there is the Roger Le-Gall swimming pool in the 12th arrondissement that allows nudity on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings, but members say it's getting too cramped there.

"There were 150 of us on Wednesday night," Denis Porquet, a member of the Nudist Association of Paris (ANP), told the 20 Minutes newspaper.

The group's 372 members are forced to look elsewhere for their nudist outings, hiring out bowling venues, spas, archery clubs, and even restaurants for private events.

And with French law stating that nudists found baring all can be slapped with a €15,000 fine or the prospect of one year in prison, it's no surprise that Paris naturists are keen on the idea of having their own designated spot to strip off.

And all this could be about to come to fruition, with the Green Party of Paris set to propose a designated nudist park during a meeting at the Paris city council on Monday.

The exact proposal for the nudist spot remains unclear, but some nudists have already shared their ideas.

Jacques Frimont, vice president of the Association for the Promotion of Naturism in Liberty (APNEL), envisions a designated area at the near the Daumesnil lake in Bois de Vincennes to the east of the city, the same lake that the government plans to turn into a public swimming zone by 2019.

He told 20 Minutes newspaper that France was wrong to associate nudity with sexual exhibition.

"We disagree strongly with that. A sexual pervert is someone who spies on their neighbours or masturbates in public, for example. A just nudist just wants to get rid of their clothes," he said.

Paris is gradually becoming more and more open-minded toward the nudity in public.

Plans for a pop-up naked restaurant in the city have been set in motion after the concept’s success in London and this month's Fête de l’Humanité included a designated nudist stand.

While opening a designated nudist spot in time for next summer might seem like a long shot, the idea has already captured the interest of deputy mayor Bruno Julliard, who has expressed a favorable view on the proposal.


Note: This is probably the third or fourth news article about nudism/naturism that I've seen on the Drudge Report. I tend to think that Matt Drudge is pro-naturism, but that's just my hunch.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby nudie66 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 am

Thanks for posting that, Maverick. I'm sure many in the U.S. would be in favor of that freedom here also. There sure isn't anything in South Jersey, except Gunnison Beach, which is 2 hours away for me.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
User avatar
nudie66
Native Resident
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 pm
Location: Atlantic County, New Jersey

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 am

Let's hope Paris will designate a nudist area so it may help fuel a widening nudist/naturist movement across Europe.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
User avatar
JimShedd112
Native Resident
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:44 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:18 am

One might also wish to consider that such a Naturist refuge in Paris would also be a Muslim Free zone seeing as how the prophet mandated that good muslim men will always be covered from the navel to the knees and women from the neck to the knees and even more when a Burkah is worn. Any muslims within the naturist refuge would then be those already corrupted by western ways and probably excluded from the Mosque :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby MountainDog » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 am

Bare_Truth wrote:One might also wish to consider that such a Naturist refuge in Paris would also be a Muslim Free zone seeing as how the prophet mandated that good muslim men will always be covered from the navel to the knees and women from the neck to the knees and even more when a Burkah is worn.


One problem with a naturist zone is the Muslim immigrants. There have been reports of harassment and violence in nude areas of Germany from these people. From harassing nudists with violence in Germany to raping women in large numbers in Scandinavia, it has not been good for Europe to take in these people. Refugee Christians yes, because Sharia law would also, it seems, to be not welcome by them. Misapplication of Sharia law is one thing that is killing Christians throughout the Middle East.
User avatar
MountainDog
Permanent Resident
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:17 pm

jasenj1
Native Resident
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Maverick » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:04 pm

MountainDog wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:One might also wish to consider that such a Naturist refuge in Paris would also be a Muslim Free zone seeing as how the prophet mandated that good muslim men will always be covered from the navel to the knees and women from the neck to the knees and even more when a Burkah is worn.


One problem with a naturist zone is the Muslim immigrants. There have been reports of harassment and violence in nude areas of Germany from these people. From harassing nudists with violence in Germany to raping women in large numbers in Scandinavia, it has not been good for Europe to take in these people. Refugee Christians yes, because Sharia law would also, it seems, to be not welcome by them. Misapplication of Sharia law is one thing that is killing Christians throughout the Middle East.


I don't know if I'd even call it misapplication. It's application, a lot of which can be seen by looking at Muslim culture in countries like Saudi Arabia. I'd say it's also perverted thinking on the immigrants' behalf. I saw a while back that Sweden estimated that 1 in 4 of its women would be raped at some point in their lives. That's horrible! I've also heard that young native Swedes who are trying to move out on their own are having trouble getting housing of any kind because the "refugees" are taking it all up. Political correctness will be the end of the world as we know it....

Stepping off the political soapbox, this naturist park would give me an excuse to visit Paris if I ever make it over to Europe. Otherwise all I'd want to do is visit the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, then move along.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby jochanaan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Maverick wrote:...I saw a while back that Sweden estimated that 1 in 4 of its women would be raped at some point in their lives. That's horrible! I've also heard that young native Swedes who are trying to move out on their own are having trouble getting housing of any kind because the "refugees" are taking it all up. Political correctness will be the end of the world as we know it....
One reason there are more "reported rapes" in Sweden is that Sweden has a considerably broader definition of rape than many if not most countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:42 pm

jochanaan wrote:One reason there are more "reported rapes" in Sweden is that Sweden has a considerably broader definition of rape than many if not most countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

And don't forget about 1 in 5 women are raped in the U.S. It's a world-wide problem.
User avatar
Jim
Native Resident
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Maverick » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:57 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Maverick wrote:...I saw a while back that Sweden estimated that 1 in 4 of its women would be raped at some point in their lives. That's horrible! I've also heard that young native Swedes who are trying to move out on their own are having trouble getting housing of any kind because the "refugees" are taking it all up. Political correctness will be the end of the world as we know it....
One reason there are more "reported rapes" in Sweden is that Sweden has a considerably broader definition of rape than many if not most countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden


Thanks jochanaan, I didn't know that. I will note though that the Wikipedia article you posted said this: "The BRÅ [Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention] has not released detailed data on rape committed by immigrants since 1996, but according to that report individuals with an immigrant background made up 53% of all rape convictions between 1985 and 1989."

I would imagine this statistic has increased, and maybe, just maybe, that's a reason why they aren't releasing newer data (for political reasons). But I don't know.

Jim wrote:And don't forget about 1 in 5 women are raped in the U.S. It's a world-wide problem.


While I agree that rape is a worldwide problem, I have not heard that statistic before. Could you provide a source?

I do know that rape is under-reported by victims all around the world, which makes these statistics even less accurate (and the problem much worse).
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:47 am

Maverick wrote:
Jim wrote:
And don't forget about 1 in 5 women are raped in the U.S. It's a world-wide problem.

While I agree that rape is a worldwide problem, I have not heard that statistic before. Could you provide a source?

Here's the easy to find Wikipedia:
Rape prevalence among women in the U.S. (the percentage of women who experienced rape at least once in their lifetime so far) is in the range of 15–20%, with different studies disagreeing with each other. (National Violence against Women survey, 1995, found 17.6% prevalence rate;[12] a 2007 national study for the Department of Justice on rape found 18% prevalence rate.[13]

[12]Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women: Findings From the National Violence Against Women Survey. (PDF)Kilpatrick, Dean G.; Resnick, Heidi S.; Ruggiero, Kenneth J.; Conoscenti, Lauren M.; McCauley, Jenna (July 2007). "Drug-facilitated, Incapacitated, and Forcible Rape: A National Study" (PDF). National Criminal Justice Reference Service. United States Department of Justice. pp. 43–45.http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

[13] Kilpatrick, Dean G.; Resnick, Heidi S.; Ruggiero, Kenneth J.; Conoscenti, Lauren M.; McCauley, Jenna (July 2007). "Drug-facilitated, Incapacitated, and Forcible Rape: A National Study" (PDF). National Criminal Justice Reference Service. United States Department of Justice. pp. 43–45.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/219181.pdf


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

Maybe it's "only" 1 in 6:

There is still too much of the population that finds this a minor problem, just to be expected. It seems to me that Christian naturists should be in the forefront of promoting bodily respect of everyone.
User avatar
Jim
Native Resident
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Maverick » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Jim wrote:Maybe it's "only" 1 in 6:

There is still too much of the population that finds this a minor problem, just to be expected. It seems to me that Christian naturists should be in the forefront of promoting bodily respect of everyone.


I wholeheartedly agree. Statistically speaking though, the data is all over the place (even within the Wikipedia article I saw something like 0.5 in 1000 people) and can be deceptive.

I pray that all Christians, naturist or not, can be a force for good in a world that is so bad.

And, this is sort of a cross-topic comment, I would definitely step up to defend someone getting raped, even if it means killing the rapist.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Maverick wrote:And, this is sort of a cross-topic comment, I would definitely step up to defend someone getting raped, even if it means killing the rapist.

Helping those who need help is right and admirable.

I hope I would step up to defend someone being raped, even if it meant getting killed. But there are plenty of non-lethal ways of defending someone. If you feel you must arm yourself, arm yourself with pepper spray. If you are going to shoot bullets at a rape, you could well get the wrong victim.
User avatar
Jim
Native Resident
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby Maverick » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Jim wrote:But there are plenty of non-lethal ways of defending someone. If you feel you must arm yourself, arm yourself with pepper spray. If you are going to shoot bullets at a rape, you could well get the wrong victim.


At this point in my life, I'm not packing heat, so shooting is out of the question. My priority in any situation would be to strike the assailant or rapist the minimum number of times for the maximum effect. Example: a punch to the temple that immediately knocks the bad guy out, or at least a strike to someplace like the knee that would put him down. The reason I like tactical pens and kubatons is because they temporarily disable the nervous system in the strike area and cause extreme pain or numbness without drawing blood.

My college ministry hosted a three-part self-defense course for women, taught by a friend of mine who has black belts in several different martial arts. If you can't run and you have to fight, you must try to end the fight as quickly as possible because the longer it lasts, the tireder and weaker you get against a stronger opponent.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Nudists could soon be allowed to get naked in Paris

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

One woman in every six is an astonishing number. I did not realize it was that high, maybe I am just sheltered from all of that, or maybe two-thirds of the victims suffers in silence. All I know is that it is a terrible fraction and prosecuting is even difficult. I told my daughter that instead of crying rape (if it ever happened to her) to just call it assault and battery. Easier to prove, easier to prosecute, and no victim testimony or hostile cross examination necessary.

In my own life I had a neighbor show up on my doorstep one night, naked and beaten; my first wife was the victim of a exhibitionist, and my second wife was raped and has a daughter from it. I was on a jury panel being questioned for a trial involving girlfriend beating; when I related the first two events I was excused by the judge. After all, would not want a juror who had strong opinions. Yes, I have strong opinions and rapists should be welded into a cell for twenty years, or until they can't get it up any more, whichever is longer.
User avatar
New_Adventurer
Native Resident
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:22 pm
Location: Fremont, California

Next

Return to Nude News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron