Billy Graham

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Billy Graham

Postby Maverick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Most of us probably already heard the news of his passing, but I wonder how many have heard this anecdote:

Shortly after President Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn into office in 1963, he invited Billy Graham to the White House. The pair didn't have bathing suits and reportedly went skinny dipping in the pool.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/21/billy-graham-lyndon-b-johnson-facts/858876001/

I had read something about this earlier but confirmed it today. I think it's very cool that the man who has been perhaps the most renowned Christian in recent years skinny-dipped with LBJ. Body image/a Biblical view of nudity is certainly secondary to evangelism, but it would've been nice to hear more of Rev. Graham's thoughts on the topic.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Billy Graham

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Maverick, I’m much older than you and probably a junior high school freshman at the time of the event you’ve referenced but I don’t know whether I’d ever heard the story before. I, of course, had heard about LBJ skinny dipping and other acts involving nudity, not all necessarily in a positive way. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:37 pm

As I recall, there was mention that a female reporter (or secretary) was in the pool area at the time, but that did not stop Lyndon nor Billy from skinny dipping.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jude700 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 am

Billy is said to have swum nude with a number of presidents.

Let us remember to pray for him and all pastors that they may continue to bring the world to all nations.
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:52 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Maverick, I’m much older than you and probably a junior high school freshman at the time of the event you’ve referenced but I don’t know whether I’d ever heard the story before. I, of course, had heard about LBJ skinny dipping and other acts involving nudity, not all necessarily in a positive way. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Thanks for your comment, Jim. I too have heard some of the other LBJ stories... :shock: Funny thing, I visited his ranch this past summer on vacation and there was no mention of any of that.

natman wrote:As I recall, there was mention that a female reporter (or secretary) was in the pool area at the time, but that did not stop Lyndon nor Billy from skinny dipping.

I'm not going to deny that, but I will note that another President, John Quincy Adams, was notorious for skinny-dipping in the Potomac and there is a rumored occasion in which a female reporter sat on his clothes until he let himself be interviewed.

jude700 wrote:Billy is said to have swum nude with a number of presidents.

Let us remember to pray for him and all pastors that they may continue to bring the world to all nations.

Amen.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Return to Nude News