Thandie Newton prefers to act naked

HOT OFF THE PRESSES - Recent news articles from around the world dealing with naturism, Christianity or Christian-naturism. If you post an original article, please see the Sticky Note for how to do it within copyright regulations.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Thandie Newton prefers to act naked

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Not strictly "naturist" news, but thought I'd share regardless.

URL: https://pagesix.com/2017/03/13/thandie-newton-prefers-to-act-naked/

Thandie Newton preferred to perform in her birthday suit on HBO’s “Westworld.”

“I found myself more empowered naked than I did with the saloon outfit on,” she said of the historical garb during a new interview (via the Daily Mail). “I was more comfortable naked because the costume was the most potent objectification of a woman, with the boobs pushed right up, the tiny waist. It’s an invitation for sex.”

Newton, 44, portrays android — or “host” — Maeve Millay, who is a madame, on the HBO series, which wrapped its first season in December. Speaking with Jed Mercurio, the executive producer of her BBC Two drama, “Line of Duty,” Newton further delved into how her character’s signature ensemble provokes an invitation for sex.

“The fishnet tights, the little heels with the laces … It’s all about sensuality. It’s about eroticism. It’s about, ‘Look, but don’t touch,'” said Newton. “It’s all there to make the invitation for sex as provocative as possible and then the promise of satisfaction is practically just there.”
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Thandie Newton prefers to act naked

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:38 am

I must say I agree with her. The costume does invite sexual objectification, just as she stated.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:36 pm

If I am interpreting her comment correctly, she is saying that she is less "sexy" and more in control of her surroundings while totally nude, than when she is wearing her "harlot" costume.

I would agree.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:25 am

The robots/androids were often portrayed nude, particularly when being worked on/maintained. To me, their nudity and absolute unconcern about it is one of the devices used to communicate that they are not human. The message being: humans care about modesty, robots do not.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 pm

jasenj1 wrote: The message being: humans care about modesty, robots do not.

My rebuttal would be, "What does modesty have to do with nudity???" Or rather, "What does immodesty have to do with nudity???".

A person who is "modest" is someone who can made do with less. Therefore, the more clothing one requires, the more "immodest" they really are.

How did that get all messed up??? :argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby naturaldon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:09 pm

natman wrote:How did that get all messed up???

Not sure how but I know where: at the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil. :biggrin:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Return to Nude News