First skinny dip!

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

First skinny dip!

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:53 pm

On a church retreat at a Texas lake this past weekend, I skinny-dipped for the first time. Our church's collegiate ministry spent Friday through Sunday at some lakeside cabins, and since my brother and I were on vacation with our family all week we arrived Saturday mid-afternoon. We brought a tent to sleep in rather than sleep in the small and messy guys' cabin.

Anyway, after dinner and evening worship, most everyone went off to play some "Minute to Win It" games. I was tired from the week so I went to my tent with the intention of turning in early. However, once I realized I was out of eyesight and earshot from everyone else, I donned my trunks and went into the lake, just in case someone might see me. Once I was waist-deep I removed my trunks.

Oh, the feeling! It was one of the most exhilarating, awesome, and joyful moments of my life. I'm not sure those words even do it justice. I swam around a little bit, my trunks in tow, then stood up in the water and felt the gentle breeze cool me off. It was a beautiful Texas night, quiet with no bugs and a waxing gibbous moon. "God, you're so good," is the thought that kept running through my head and eventually I was standing about knee-deep in the water praising God's glory in all of my glory. All my tiredness vanished in the twenty minutes or so that I spent in the water, and I could have stayed there forever. The other thought that came to mind was, "This is the way it's supposed to be."

Eventually I waded back to shore, this time without my trunks on, dried off, and went to bed with just a sarong covering my waist. My brother came to bed shortly after and stripped to his underwear.

Sunday morning, before anyone else was stirring, I went out of sight and took a lake bath to freshen up, going and coming wearing only a beach towel. I told my brother what I was doing and he didn't really understand why I was doing it but didn't say anything otherwise. One other dude saw me coming back from the lake with just the towel around my waist and waved from a distance.

I also spent a good majority of my time Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday morning shirtless and barefoot in mixed company, and no one seemed to care. Barefoot is the way to go, just watch out for ants and thorny plants!

Anyway, just wanted to share this great experience with y'all, and I'm glad to say that my first of many skinny dips was in my home state. :D
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: First skinny dip!

Postby webmeister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 pm

That is so wonderful Maverick! What a joy... skinny dipping or for that matter being naked in the outdoors never seems to get old :) I too thank God for the adventure of naturism he has allowed me...Glad you went for it!!!!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:34 am

Congratulations on your first of many skinny dips, I hope, Maverick. There is just something so wonderful about the feel of water and air on our naked bodies.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 am

Maverick I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. May there be many more.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 am

Maverick, thank you for that wonderful story. Your gift of relating the details as they happened made me feel as though I were following you right into the water. I haven't had a chance to skinny dip in a year and a half, but as I read your account, sitting here nude at my desk, I felt the lake splashing around me too.
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the story!

nudie66 wrote:Maverick, thank you for that wonderful story. Your gift of relating the details as they happened made me feel as though I were following you right into the water. I haven't had a chance to skinny dip in a year and a half, but as I read your account, sitting here nude at my desk, I felt the lake splashing around me too.

That's perhaps the best compliment I've ever had on my writing, so thank you very much! :D
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:57 am

Great story, Maverick! I particularly appreciated the fact that your first skinny-dip is so closely associated with your church retreat; your memories of that "first time" will be wrapped up with the special closeness you might feel for your community of believers and the worshipping of God. God *IS* so good!
dv8
Permanent Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 am

Maverick wrote:That's perhaps the best compliment I've ever had on my writing, so thank you very much! :D

Well maybe you have an insight into a new calling :)...never know :)
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 am

Yep, love to be able to skinny dip. So much more comfortable than with a suit. :)
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:02 pm

dv8 wrote:Great story, Maverick! I particularly appreciated the fact that your first skinny-dip is so closely associated with your church retreat; your memories of that "first time" will be wrapped up with the special closeness you might feel for your community of believers and the worshipping of God. God *IS* so good!

Thanks dv8, that about sums it up!

webmeister wrote:
Maverick wrote:That's perhaps the best compliment I've ever had on my writing, so thank you very much! :D

Well maybe you have an insight into a new calling :)...never know :)

I'm still considering it... I do enjoy doing it... :)

naturist wrote:Yep, love to be able to skinny dip. So much more comfortable than with a suit. :)

For me, swimming is something I can take or leave when I must "suit up." Skinny dipping is something I will always take!
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Hey Mav! I'm back from Kids Camp and just read your post. I'm REALLY glad you got to enjoy your first dip at a church event AND in your home state. That's one. Hopefully, many more to come, and soon. :D

And maybe your brother will enjoy his first dip, too, with you. Hopefully, he's getting used to it/you.

Later.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:22 am

I try to skinny dip in my hot tub as often as I can, typically five times a week. Resort skinny dipping is only a few times a year.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:41 pm

naturaldon wrote:And maybe your brother will enjoy his first dip, too, with you. Hopefully, he's getting used to it/you.

Time to put Operation Normalizing Nudity into action... :D

New_Adventurer wrote:I try to skinny dip in my hot tub as often as I can, typically five times a week. Resort skinny dipping is only a few times a year.

I have yet to do either, but I plan to do both. I'm not much of a hot tub person though.

There's just something about skinny-dipping in a lake, surrounded by nature... it's almost as if God intended things to be that way. :lol:
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:27 am

Maverick
Maybe you could do the nude 5k coming up on Sept 16th at Bluebonnet Nudist Park near Decatur. They have 2 pools so you could skinny dip with other nudists, play water volleyball and soak in the hot tub and chat with other nudists. The following week-end the North Texas Christian Naturists will be meeting at the same resort.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 am

Maverick wrote:
Time to put Operation Normalizing Nudity into action... :D

Maverick, is this really a covert plant :lol: Would like to hear about it if not too private :) Best of luck to you...what a joy it would be to convert your brother and enjoy naturism together...
webmeister
Native Resident

Next

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports