Introducing the idea to my Pastor

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Introducing the idea to my Pastor

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:30 am

My Wife and I recently began attending a new church, doctrinal issues with our last church caused us to separate after 2 years. There are no hard feelings and everything was amicable, but that left us without a place of fellowship, so we began looking and found a place where we feel comfortable. To avoid the a similar issue, we invited the pastor and his family over for dinner on Sunday, a week ago. We had a great time and talked about a lot of things, and felt a great connection as a couple. As they were leaving the Pastor invited us to stop by their house any time, but to call first because we might catch him in his “drawers”. My wife returned the invitation, warning them that I wouldn’t be wearing any drawers, “He’s a Nudist”. I replied something about not liking to wear clothing and someone mentioned my kilt for front yard work, there were some nervous laughs from them, and then they left. Later I thanked my wife for her quick thinking, because while it was my intent to open up to them about my naturism, I didn’t think it was going to happen and the opportunity would have passed right by me.
On Valentine’s Day, my wife posted pictures of us with his and hers coffee mugs. In the picture I appear to be shirtless ( I am actually nude but you can’t see that in the picture). Our pastor posted a comment about it being Shirt optional day, to which my wife replied, “we had this discussion”, to which he replied, “I thought you were kidding, be sure to let me know when grass cutting Day is so I can avoid it”,
This Sunday they were very friendly to us and made a point to come talk to us, it does not seem as if there are any issues, we will see where this goes in the future
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Re: Introducing the idea to my Pastor

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:25 am

I read this account over on N-C. I’m glad you and your wife have found a church where it seems you’ll both be comfortable without judgment from the preacher and his wife. Looking forward to reading more as things develop.
Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 pm

:like: :like: :like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Update: with the recent severe wether (we had 4tornados touch down in our immediate area) I texted my pastor to check on them since they were closer to the center of the projected path. They responded that they were fine and if we needed anything, call, “but put your clothes on before I get there”. I responded that my wife had told me to put some clothes on, but I refused, “if I die, I want to go out the way I came in.” I told him that I thought it made me more Job-like. We joked back and forth for several exchanges and ended the conversation with him saying how much he loved us as a family. I believe he fully accepts my home nudity and does not see it as sinful in any way, otherwise I do not think he would have joked about it. He has asked me to take a leadership role in the men’s ministries department, I told him that I’d think about it and pray about it. I think if I were to take on such a role, I would want to fully disclose the extent of my naturist activities along with the reasons behind them to the full pastoral staff so it is definitely a mater for prayer.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:25 am

Your experience is very intriguing and thanks for sharing. I think we all keep waiting to hear that the Pastor is interested in joining in on the joy of experiencing being naked and unafraid. :wink: Would be awesome if either of you had a pool to start by skinny dipping to break the ice :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:14 am

Nakedpreacher, it is good to read you and your wife have developed a friendship with your pastor and his family. He obviously isn’t deterred by the fact you and your wife enjoy living life naturally since he’s invited you to join in the ministry.

Glad you came through the bad weather okay.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:10 am

Thank you Jim, we did pretty well, didn’t even loose any shingles, there were several trees in our neighborhood that went down.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports