Eden Ranch

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Eden Ranch

Postby jjsledge » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Not my trip report, but . . .

Ted Peck's visit to Eden's Ranch.

Ted Peck- Member Trustee – AANR - SW

Mission: the awareness and acceptance of social nudism and nude recreation in this region.

January 3, 2020—New AANR-SW Landed Club in Texas

The day after Christmas I had the pleasure of visiting the newest club in AANR-SW, Eden Ranch (Christian Naturist Retreat) near Livingston, Texas. It was not easy to find. My GPS got me to a street with a similar name, but 9 miles away in a run-down residential neighborhood. When I got to the right place, I still had doubts. Their sign isn’t up yet as they await the crosses which will be part of the sign. I had a 50-50 chance as there are only two drives on the short gravel road. Jim had told me that I couldn’t get in and out if it rained, so I felt pretty good as I went up a narrow, well-rutted, dirt road. The road took me around the house toward smoke. There was a naked couple clearing and burning brush. I was extremely confident now—what are the odds that the only two properties on this dead-end road would both be inhabited by nudists in this very conservative, rural part of Texas. My other thought was also quite positive—ah, Texas, where you can comfortably be outdoors naked December 26. With my clothes quickly off, LouLou and I introduced ourselves. Kim and Jim Moore continued their brush work and I got busy assembling the two picnic tables I’d brought.

When I first became aware of AANR there were, in Texas, at least 14 landed clubs. We’ve lost several since then. The first was lost when the owner died without a will and his heirs couldn’t agree on how to keep the club open. Two went to the dark side and are now adult only swinger clubs. One left AANR over a spat about legal fees. One was lost because of the owners’ divorce and neither was able to go it alone. One was lost with the death of the owner and the heir was a non-nudist. One had a change of owners and the new owners changed the club to adult only and dropped out of AANR. One became a goat farm when the owner was unable to sell. One went out of business with the death of the owners and the heirs not being successful keeping the club open. And one club is now for sale.

I am, therefore, really excited about what Jim and Kim Moore are doing. In September they took over land and house which had not been maintained for 4 years. The progress in getting the place neat in four months is really remarkable. They presently have one rental, a travel trailer, and a 1 ½ acre lake recently stocked with fish. Gravel for the road, a bathhouse with pool and hot tub, an organized campground for RVs and tents are on the way.

I have had contact with a number of Christian Naturists, but none as evangelical about naturism as Jim and Kim. Jim was an Independent Baptist pastor for 28 years. Unlike some who claim that God is OK with Naturism, Jim and some of his colleagues have done Biblical research which shows that God intends for everybody to be naturist. Information about the retreat, about the Biblical research, and about how people can contribute to the effort, can be found by going to eden-ranch.org. They welcome tax deductible donations, and if you’re near Livingston or you are going to be passing near Livingston, call ahead and they’ll find a way to put you to work.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Re: Glen Eden Ranch

Postby RMOlson » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:09 am

Two thumbs up!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Great report! Hopefully some of our Texas residents are close enough to check it out also.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:28 pm

Looks GREAT!!!

Here is a link to their website... http://www.eden-ranch.org/

And here is a link to an associated website about the Bible and nudity... http://www.nakedandunashamed.org/
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby naturist » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:30 am

I wish them great success. It would be nice to visit a christian naturist resort. It's a big undertaking to build something like this from the ground up. Hope they can fulfill their goal. I think I had looked at the naked and unashamed website before. If it is the same one, they have drastically improved the website and much more pleasing to the eye. Before, it was a block of white text without any margins. It was difficult to read.
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:56 am

That was encouraging to read. My only regret is the vast amount of water between here & there!

Good for them, I hope it's a roaring success & that you all get to go. If you do, say 'Hello' from me. :)
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:51 pm

I was friends with Jim and Kim on TrueNudist, they seem like great people. When I left, I invited them to join us here and on NC, but they’re too busy, as evidenced by how far they’ve taken the property. I will have to keep them in mind if ever I’m in that part of Texas. I could definitely donate a weekend’s worth of nude chores
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Nakedpreacher, Jim and kim are fairly active on MeWe.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports