"Journey" - a testimony

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

"Journey" - a testimony

Postby Sean » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Hey everyone. I thought I would post here something I've been working on, which is simply my and Sarah's entire journey into nudism, highlighting that first visit to a nudist resort, and where we want to go from here.

I know it isn't exactly song or poetry; it's more like a narrative. I hope it is appropriate to post here.

"The Journey"
by S&S, November 2007

This is the story of my own discovery of nudism, how I shared that discovery with my girlfriend S, and how (now that we are engaged to be married) we hope to carry on in the lifestyle in our family life.

It all started in 2003. I was 16 and working as a grocery clerk and would frequently read TIME magazine between orders. One issue in the summer featured an article on teen nudist camps in America. It piqued my interest, and so I began researching the new term "nudism" on the Internet. I found several sites with information and links to nudist resorts and groups in my area. The most helpful sites by far were Sunny Day’s site and Fig Leaf Forum.

I had always enjoyed the feeling of being nude, and often slept nude and spent time nude in my room or around the house when no one was home, for no reason in particular, other than to simply enjoy the freedom of being nude. It wasn't until I started researching that I discovered there was other people out there that enjoyed being nude like I did.

By late 2004, I was involved in some online message board communities, but never had any plans to visit a nudist resort. By this time my relationship with my girlfriend had progressed far enough that we were committed to a long-term relationship. I wasn't sure how she would react to my preference for nudity; I thought she would think it was weird or something. Besides keeping up with the message boards, I tabled my interest in naturism until early 2006, when as freshmen in college together I finally revealed to her my regular practice of going nude in my dorm room, and my curiosity in visiting a nude club or beach. After sharing with her, it turns out she didn't think it was weird that I liked to be nude. She actually said she wished she could just relax about changing in front of her roommate and being nude around her after a shower, but her roommate was squeamish about her even changing shirts in front of her. She also admitted that she (like myself) used to go nude in her room or around the home when no one was home, for no reason other than the feeling of freedom.

However, she wasn't as enthusiastic about going nude in front of others, especially other men. She (like me) was raised in a conservative home and had a very strong belief in the “modesty = amount of clothing worn” mindset, and so this was a big barrier for her. My biggest fear was that being around other nude women - especially younger women - would provide unnecessary temptation to lust. Together we went through some Fig Leaf Forum articles (the most helpful was the “Christian Nudism 101” special issue) and over time and after much discussion, she got the point where she agreed to visit a nudist resort with me and give it an honest try. We established a “safe word” – if either of us were uncomfortable and said that word while we were nude at the resort, we would get alone to talk about it, and I promised we would leave if she truly felt uncomfortable. She tells me now that that kind of care for her feelings really helped her feel ready to take the plunge.

Our first visit was in early June 2006. We were nervous and quiet on the drive up (about 30 minutes away), but I tried to keep cool for her sake. After pulling in I had the weirdest feeling seeing so many naked people. Besides her, I had never seen a naked woman in person before this. It was bizarre at first but soon became normal. After checking in and getting a short tour (clothed), I asked where we could go to be nude but not be disturbed. They said the other side of the pond is where most new folks tend to start out, and the members and regulars know not to disturb people when they are sitting there. I stripped off immediately, even though I was nervous about it; it was just such a bizarre feeling taking my clothes off out in the open with other people around! She stripped off everything then nervously asked me for my t-shirt - she just wasn't ready to go fully nude yet. She wore my shirt and tied her towel around her waist. We had prepared a lunch so we ate it on the side of the pond. Halfway through eating she took off the shirt and lay on her stomach, on the towel she had around her waist. Now we were both nude together, outdoors in the sun, enjoying a meal on a beautiful summer afternoon. It was a great memory, one I’ll never forget.

It was a warm day so I asked if she was ready to check out the pool. She stood up and wrapped her towel around herself, and together we walked to the pool area. I set my towel down at a chair, and after a quick breath she did the same. We walked into the pool...and after that she never put the towel on again. It was like that first plunge into the water was symbolic of our plunge into the world of social nudity. We really enjoyed ourselves and even made the acquaintance of our pool chair neighbors; they were a couple from a town near my own. We met other nice folks – singles, couples, families – and felt warmly welcomed back.

It was getting late so we decided it was time to leave. We reluctantly said goodbye to our new friends and took our time getting dressed again. It actually felt strange to have clothes on after being nude all day. On our way out S was already talking about coming back. We did end up going back several times that summer – the most fun visit was on Fourth of July. The place was packed and there was a nice potluck dinner. We met a married couple from my town and their little daughter. They said we reminded them of themselves 10 years earlier, and we saw in them the kind of family we want to be like, so that was really nice.

Since then we have been to two other nudist resorts in our state, most recently on Labor Day of this year. We were engaged in February of this year, and after our wedding in May 2008 we’re hoping to make it back there a few times. We're also planning on doing some wilderness hiking up north, which will hopefully allow us to get in some free hiking on those isolated trails, and maybe even skinny dip in the streams and waterfalls. We just love being nude in nature!

Well, that's our story so far. When we start a family we will raise them to be comfortable in their own skin and have a casual attitude towards nudity in the home, if not travel with them to nudist resorts. We don’t want to make them go if they don’t want to, but we hope they’ll love it! Even if in adolescence they no longer want to go nude around us, we at least want them to have a healthy view of the human body and foster an open-minded attitude. We feel nudism brings families together in a unique and beneficial way and look forward to enjoying the lifestyle together as a family.
Sean

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Hi Sean, so Forest Hills has a pond now? I think the last time I was there was 2005, before the improvements made. Good story of your experience, you almost make me think of going back! Maybe, Greg.
PS- Good luck on your future life together with 'S'!
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:42 pm

That's a great story, Sean! Isn't it amazing how "natural" it all seems once you take the plunge?

[Councillor's note: I moved this strip to the Personal Naturist Experiences forum since it seemed to go better here. :) ]
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:16 am

Well, Sean, I was born and grew up in Battle Creek. I was a member of Forest Hills Club for a year. Then I discovered Turtle Lake Resort where I visited for two years and then moved in there full time. I lived there for 18 months until I moved to Florida where I now live full time in Gulf Coast Resort. I can't imagine ever going back to a non-nudist neighborhood. This is the life for me.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Small Update

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Small update:

I sent the document to Sarah to proofread and add or remove any details, so I will update the original post once she's done that.
Sean

Postby TracyC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 am

Great Stroy Sean! You and Sarah will be in my prayers. May the Lord bless your life together.
TracyC
TracyC
Permanent Resident

Postby white shoes » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 am

Sean, that's a great story. Thank you for sharing it! It's wonderful that people were so welcoming and accepting of you, and that you could make some friends through it too. And it must have been fantastic to share those experiences with Sarah!

Plus, top marks to you for the attitude towards nudity you want in your family life! It can take so long to overcome all the prejudices and misunderstandings about nudity when you're introduced to naturism later in life (although it seems to come pretty quickly to those of us who have always felt most comfortable in just our skins) so it's great that you are planning to encourage a healthy attitude in your kids.
white shoes

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:06 am

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Sarah said it's good as it is, so there ya go! Our story.
Sean

Postby jochanaan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Sean wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Sarah said it's good as it is, so there ya go! Our story.

Hi, Sarah! (Says the middle-aged man to the beautiful young woman. :oops: :lol: )
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Sean » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 pm

We got her online this weekend, and she said she wants to get an account here again, so y'all can say hi "in person" soon hopefully!
Sean

Postby westtexaseagle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:26 pm

Very Cool! I pray the Lord guide you in your every step in your relationship and marriage. I think you will have a wonderful family someday with more wholesome attitudes about themselves with "God esteem" knowing they were created in the image of God! Hallelujah!

I admire you!

:D
Grace & Peace,
WestTexasEagle
westtexaseagle
Resident

Postby ozguy66 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:25 am

Hi there Sean and Sarah,
Great to hear your story, reminds me of my starting out as a teen.

Just wondering if you "current youngies" could shed some thoughts and perspectives on how a parent could carefully encourage his teen and preteen kids with nudism.
ozguy66
Permanent Resident

story

Postby dippy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:32 pm

what a great story to share and so glad you did..It sounds like you have had a awesome experience and will continue to do so.
dippy
Permanent Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Sean wrote:We got her online this weekend, and she said she wants to get an account here again, so y'all can say hi "in person" soon hopefully!

Looks to me like you guys BOTH still have accounts here in the Village. We don't discard folks when we have not heard from them for awhile. :D Hope you are well, and finding married life...agreeable. Be great to hear from you!

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports