POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How would your church react to your naturism?

They already know and it is no problem.
7%
They don’t know but it should be no problem.
2%
It could be a problem with a few people.
19%
My service to them might be limited in some ways.
5%
Disapproval would be strong and I expect my participation would be limited but I would not expect to be disfellowshipped.
26%
I expect I would be disfellowshipped.
12%
I have no idea what the likely result might be
29%

Total votes : 42

Re: POLL - How would your current church react to your natur

Postby Petros » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:32 am

The best response to blackmail, one is told, is "publish and be damned." Laying low for fear of being ostracised is a form of blackmail, and not really worth it.

I have in my time avoided saying a lot of things out of fear of displeasure from teachers, colleagues, friends, relatives - but it is really hardly worth it. For one thing, not only can you not please everybody, you cannot predict what will get you ostracised. I have been rejected for daring to try to publish a paper, for expressing my views on narrative structure, for agreeing with a truth spoken by an enemy of "our type", for having unpopular theories, for my headgear, for turning Christian - to name only a few. So what would be the point of hiding one of my political opinions that may [I cannot be CERTAIN] have cost me an old friend? If I lose her over that, how important a friend is she?

I would tend to keep quiet about nudist predilections because I generally keeps meself to meself, but otherwise I would only be cautious
A. if the revelation would get me arrested
B. if the revelation would disturb Herself. And in fact Herself knows and is not disturbed by the predilection, though she would be bothered if I practised around her.

Would I keep quiet to keep my job? Honestly, I don't know. I do keep quiet because most of my life details are need to know [Hey - any ideas what a naturist would do if he is the type wears his heart oin his sleeve?] and my associates do not so need. But I do not worry they might find out.

One of those associates lives close to a nearby naturist site, and it actually rather tickles me to speculate on his reaction if he ever spotted me driving in there.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 pm

I have suddenly found myself with a different perspective on the question above. It may not be so generalized - how would your church react - but rather, how would various individuals from church react?

I made a new friend last month (Jan. 2015, for those of you reading this in the distant future, LOL). She grew up in the Caribbean islands, in a Pentecostal church, in a strict conservative family. Now grown up & in her 40's, she attends a Baptist church in Atlantic City, NJ. We are in the same classes together this semester at our local college.

Aaaaannnnnd.... we've been talking on the phone a lot & have gone on 2 dates so far. I wanted her to know right away about my affinity for modeling nude for art classes, visits to my nude beach, etc., etc., and so on & soforth. It turns out, she is a summertime home nudist, and loves sleeping nude. Haven't asked her yet how long ago she started. During our second date, after a trip to a bowling alley, we came to my house to watch a movie. I asked her if it was alright if I got undressed. She said, "Sure, that's fine!" She says it's wonderful how I've embraced my nudity, and she is looking forward to going to Gunnison Beach with me this summer. She hasn't been nude around strangers yet, and is apprehensive about it. However, I believe she'll welcome it come summertime.

So, to answer the posted question... I'd say it's more of an individual's reaction than an entire congregation's reaction. Although their hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness, (hey, that rhymes...) each of them will have a different opinion about their acceptance of social nudity. Some might faint at the very thought of it. I'm thankful I found someone who enjoys it like I do, especially with us having the same faith.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Bobby » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Awesome!
Bobby
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks, Bobby!

I'm also very happy to say that my friend mentioned above is officially now my girlfriend, with a high probability of becoming long-term in the future. Yes, God answers prayer!!! :like:

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 pm

nudie66 wrote:... my friend mentioned above is officially now my girlfriend, with a high probability of becoming long-term in the future. ...

:?: as in
A.--Long tern girlfriend
B.-- Fiancée
C.-- Wife

If B or C, will it be a nude wedding? That would weed out the unsupportive types in your congregation pretty quick! :lol: :shock: :roll:

Kidding aside, you are blessed to have found a like minded friend (with potential for more than just that) :!:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:17 pm

After joining wholeheartedly in the congratulatory chorus, I must ask:

How does one [particularly these days] establish an official boyfriendship/girlfriendship? I have had fiancee and I have had wife, but never girlfriend. I came close once - a longterm female friend with social interaction and an interest in possibly moving toward boyfriendship/girlfriendship. And I have had a couple of unclassifiable close relationships near but outside the boundaries of boyfriendship/girlfriendship.

Number 1 Son once had a labelled Facebook relationship with a female of the species; I am not sure what that means and it is not clear that they were.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:38 pm

To answer Petros' question, I'd say the boyfriend/girlfriend status was a culmination of what started out as classroom students (2 months ago), building to innocent hand-holding, phone calls, first two dates, the social kisses (after repeated attempted spares and strikes at a local bowling alley), to basically asking each other if we both wanted to make each other officially known as each others' boyfriend and girlfriend. Our answers were both an enthusiastic and unanimous "Yes!"

It's all about communication. Never presume... that makes a Pres. out of U and ME... and I don't want to be the Pres. ... or the Vice Pres. ...

A small Vegas wedding has been lightheartedly mentioned. Again, at this point, she's had no experience with social nudity, so when I suggested a nude cruise for a honeymoon, she objected. But... one day at a time, to coin a phrase :roll:

Warren
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:59 am

So - no I have to add presume to assume? And I expect consume. Resume does not really work....

Very interesting, I am driven to gather data on how the other 98% lives.

The closest I ever came to that was a year of conversation and interaction including much walking homeward from class, with others [including Alex's roommate and mother] assuming we were an item with nothing between us explicit. NOT really parallel.

I do not intend to drive myself mad wondering exactly how bowling requires "social kisses". If you have not eaten loukoumadhes on a blustery morning in Heraklion, it cannot be explained.

Good luck with the nudist hurdle. If that were Herself it would have been gently explained that a necessary condition of existence is see no nudity, hear no nudity, speak no nudity.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:06 am

nudie66 wrote:...... A small Vegas wedding has been lightheartedly mentioned. Again, at this point, she's had no experience with social nudity, so when I suggested a nude cruise for a honeymoon, she objected. ......
Ouch, I think that was a reach too far!

To wait until then to see if she likes naturism could be too late. She would have to commit to testing a life style and values change before trying it out. Thats rather like jumping into a bathtub of water without first putting a finger in to see if it was too hot or cold.

I would strongly recommend getting her to try it out before she marries you, and to do it in a low stress way. I would think that if there is a resort that has a "ladies day" to get a bunch of just women to try it out together, that would be ideal. It is sort of a no pressure, daring experience with female companions for moral support while trying out something new.

But even just a visit to a clothing optional resort where she can bare only as much as she dares, while accompanied by you would be pretty good.

If she is somewhat adventurous, you might consider the anonymity of a public naturist beach.

But "Marry Me First" and then "We will go on a nude Cruse" ???? I cannot think that very many women would go for that if they were not already naturists.

I just hope that she took your suggestions to be light-hearted, because otherwise it sounds like you have a good thing going there. Best of luck!

And now that you have whetted our appetite for this romantic tale, please keep us posted. It would be cruel not to let us know how the story progresses and ends.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:
nudie66 wrote:...... A small Vegas wedding has been lightheartedly mentioned. Again, at this point, she's had no experience with social nudity, so when I suggested a nude cruise for a honeymoon, she objected. ......
Ouch, I think that was a reach too far!

To wait until then to see if she likes naturism could be too late. She would have to commit to testing a life style and values change before trying it out. Thats rather like jumping into a bathtub of water without first putting a finger in to see if it was too hot or cold.

I would strongly recommend getting her to try it out before she marries you, and to do it in a low stress way. I would think that if there is a resort that has a "ladies day" to get a bunch of just women to try it out together, that would be ideal. It is sort of a no pressure, daring experience with female companions for moral support while trying out something new.

But even just a visit to a clothing optional resort where she can bare only as much as she dares, while accompanied by you would be pretty good.

If she is somewhat adventurous, you might consider the anonymity of a public naturist beach.

But "Marry Me First" and then "We will go on a nude Cruse" ???? I cannot think that very many women would go for that if they were not already naturists.

I just hope that she took your suggestions to be light-hearted, because otherwise it sounds like you have a good thing going there. Best of luck!

And now that you have whetted our appetite for this romantic tale, please keep us posted. It would be cruel not to let us know how the story progresses and ends.

I wholeheartedly agree with BareTruth. If you have any inkling toward a regular practice of naturism, you NEED to know BEFORE you tie the knot if she is with you or not. Otherwise you will spend the rest of your life in frustration and much crying and gnashing of teeth.

When my (now) wife and I first discussed the possibility of marriage, I tried to think of every thing that would dissuade her and so I told her that I preferred to be nude as much as possible. She said she had no problem with that at all. And though she is not as enthusiastic about naturism, she does sometimes join me and she does support me and understands the Biblical aspects and benefits.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nudie66 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Just to clarify, she did say she's sure she'll become comfortable with being nude in a social setting. Especially if I'm there with her. She just needs to warm up to it. Certainly isn't dreading it. :like:
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:26 am

nudie66 wrote:Just to clarify, she did say she's sure she'll become comfortable with being nude in a social setting. Especially if I'm there with her. She just needs to warm up to it. Certainly isn't dreading it. :like:

I'm happy for you that she is not dreading it but you really ought to get her to try it out before tying the knot. Natman's advice on that point is very wise, and I will add my urging to his. Sometimes there is an "I never said/meant that " syndrome that develops right after "I Do" It is not necessarily deliberate, but there is a motivation for acommodation that sometimes weakens rapidly after marriage.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks for the advice... I guess I should also stress that the idea of marriage has been talked about, among many other things, but certainly is not being planned for at least a year. until we get to know each other much better first.

That will give me considerable time to see how comfortable she really becomes in social nudity settings. And as I mentioned earlier, she IS looking forward to going there with me, and she also is certain that she'll be comfortable with being nude around strangers herself. She just hasn't taken that step yet, but has been enjoying her own nudity by herself for the past couple decades, and is very comfortable with us being nude together now. I think she'll welcome social nudity in a very short time, once she sees that there are all kinds & sizes soaking up the sun, and the freedom that goes along with it. :like:

Once our first visit to Gunnison takes place, I'm thinking of starting a new strip... can anyone suggest which forum would be best for this topic?
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:13 am

nudie66 wrote:Thanks for the advice... I guess I should also stress that the idea of marriage has been talked about, among many other things, but certainly is not being planned for at least a year. until we get to know each other much better first.

That will give me considerable time to see how comfortable she really becomes in social nudity settings. And as I mentioned earlier, she IS looking forward to going there with me, and she also is certain that she'll be comfortable with being nude around strangers herself. She just hasn't taken that step yet, but has been enjoying her own nudity by herself for the past couple decades, and is very comfortable with us being nude together now. I think she'll welcome social nudity in a very short time, once she sees that there are all kinds & sizes soaking up the sun, and the freedom that goes along with it. :like:

Once our first visit to Gunnison takes place, I'm thinking of starting a new strip... can anyone suggest which forum would be best for this topic?

nudie66, since she hasn't tried social nudity yet, be sure to take her to Gunnison or a resort a few times to see how she likes it.

To answer your question, Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports would be the best place to discuss Gunnison.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 pm

That all sounds good, nudie66. But be sure it's not just wishful thinking. It's easy to fall prey to wishful thinking in these early stages. :?

On the other hand, if she's really willing to try it and is, as you say, comfortable with her own nudity at home, you've got a head start on many. And when she does go--she may do as many women I've known and become an enthusiastic convert! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports