Well that went rather well, Caught by a neighbor

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Well that went rather well, Caught by a neighbor

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Since it had hit 101F(38C) this afternoon with bright sun and a breeze, I figured that the garden was in need of water so i got to it and walked among the plants with a hose running full on. I had checked on my newly planted bamboo grove wind break for the pond and although nothing was seriously suffering, I was running the hose out there to keep my replacement transplants from suffering the fate of their predecessors.

While dragging the hose up the hill from the garden, there she was! :shock: The wife of the family next door was standing there and the totally of my clothing was the hat I wear to protect my scalp and ears from sunburn. At first I thought it might be a teenager, however it took me only a moment to recognize her. She had come through the woods and along the pond but her approach was visually blocked by some tall grass and a rack of firewood so by the time we were in full view of each other we were about 35 feet apart. She had come into our property about 125 yards and our property is only220 yards across in that direction.

She explained her presence as, while she was taking some target practice one of their dogs, a mostly grown pup with more energy than good sense ran out in front of her target as she shot, and she was afraid that she had hit it. It promptly ran off into the woods onto our place. I had heard her shooting about 15 minutes earlier, from the sounds of it it was not a center fire or pistol but probably a 22 or 22 magnum Given the location of the pond the sound would easily carry so probably just a 22lr.

Being that the meeting was on my own turf, probably made it easier for me to not get flustered and she was rather well composed also. It was kind of like talking to someone when there is an elephant standing in the corner of the room and nobody mentions it. Their dog had pups and they have not been managing them well. and a few times 5 or 6 of them have turned up over at our place wandering around as a pack, though they have not gotten into trouble ....... yet. I pointed out to her where they usually came out of the woods by the pond and where the other trails were that the dog might have followed.

I think she is a farm girl in origins so perhaps that is a basis for her aplomb during the encounter. Plus I think it likely that she is well aware of the purple paint law and the fence she had to cross is the one which is the most obviously marked. In that case she was probably also aware that she was trespassing on posted land. She is in her very late teens or early to mid twenties and accordingly probably not too hung up on prudishness. And I suppose that there have been enough furtive nude sightings over the last 10 years (probably more than the 2 or 3 That I know or suspect have occurred that the rumor mill has probably spread tales of my proclivities through the neighborhood. Had she not been feeling so concerned about her dog that she believed that she had wounded, it might have been a good time for me to get in a comment that I was not a nudist but a Naturist Christian, and get that bit of info into the rumor mill. In any case, I suggested several paths she might follow to search for the dog and we parted leaving each other to our earstwhile tasks.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Well that went rather well, Caught by a neighbor

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:43 pm

:like:

Considering how much effort she had to make to come so deep into your property, and how well-screened you home is, I think you were well within your rights - and she knew it. I suspect she went home and had a good laugh about it with her husband. Crazy old guy next door was out watering naked. :P
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:21 pm

jasenj1 wrote::like:
I suspect she went home and had a good laugh about it with her husband.

----------
I dunnow bout that. He might ask why she was over here and then she might have to admit that she was lookin' for their dawg she done shot. It might depend on how he'd take that.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Actually sounds like it went rather well...at lest she did not run off screaming and SO has not been to your door, so yeah "out of the closet" with the neighbor so to speak...Funny though, you would think she would know for sure she shot the dog, or maybe she did and smoothed it a bit. The dog would have yelped, or limped or something...anyway glad it went as well as it did. Just hope the dog is well...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:it might have been a good time for me to get in a comment that I was not a nudist but a Naturist Christian

Good way to put it. :like:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Who knows!?!?
Maybe she will talk to her husband and you could end up with a nudist couple living next door. :D
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:Who knows!?!?
Maybe she will talk to her husband and you could end up with a nudist couple living next door. :D

:like: YAHHH!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 pm

webmeister wrote: you would think she would know for sure she shot the dog,
Well that is not so clear, the muzzle blast might cover a yelp and a near miss might well spook the dog into yelping jumping or suddenly veering off path. even when hunting even a good solid hit can be questionable.

MoNatureMaN wrote:Maybe she will talk to her husband and you could end up with a nudist couple living next door.

Well if he went along with the idea I think it would be an entire naturist family and that would be a very top level positive outcome. Parents with a positive Christian naturist outlook and raising their kids without body hangups and false shame or distorted concepts of what true Christian modisty is all about.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 pm

If you have not read the original post, go read that first or this won't make much sense.

My neighbor is a wood cutter who sells firewood. I have a tree that i took down late last summer and cut up, but the guy who said he wanted it has not come back even after several urgings to do so. Accordingly I decided to offer it to my neighbor just to get rid of it. And of course this is the same neighbor where the Lady of the house came over on our property looking for her dog and came found me gardening naked.

So it being in the low nineties I drove over to make arrangements for the wood. and when I got there I was greeted by about 5 dogs. I was making nice with the pack so I could get up on the porch where the door bell is when the lady of the house comes driving up. So I greeted her and explained my mission to rid myself of the wood scattered over the corner of my field.

I inquired about whether she had found her dog and that led to discussion about our meeting the previous day when she encountered me nude. In that discussion she said that it had not bothered her at all and shrugged saying "Hey, this is the country" and asked if such encounters got people upset, and I related the account of when I encountered hunters that I had previously had. and she was amused that some people usually got flustered and I allowed as how sometimes they got quite so. I asked her if she was a farm girl, and she allowed as how she was and it did not bother her at all. I tossed in a comment about being a Christian Naturist and mentioned that the term was reasonably defined on Wikipedia.

We chatted a bit and arranged for the wood cutter to give me a call next week and in the chatting it came out that she is about to take over the wood cutting business. I do not know the details, but from some of what she said I think she is not afraid to do some of the work herself though she may hire some help as well. she probably doesn't tip the scales over 120 lbs if that much but she appears thoroughly fit and not afraid of labor. The house there is a rental these days as the landowner is in an assisted living facility in town and not living there himself. Plus I am not sure whose kids I have seen there Hers, His, or Theirs, or a mix thereof. Seeing as how they are as industrious as they are and not afraid of work, and somewhat entrepreneurial I suspect that they will prove to be good neighbors in the long run. At least there won't be a fuss if they see me being a naturist. :duh: :biggrin:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:18 am

Bare_Truth it's great to learn your lady neighbor was not at all upset at finding you nude on your own property when she came looking for her dog.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 am

Bare_Truth wrote:If you have not read the original post, go read that first or this won't make much sense.

My neighbor is a wood cutter who sells firewood. I have a tree that i took down late last summer and cut up, but the guy who said he wanted it has not come back even after several urgings to do so. Accordingly I decided to offer it to my neighbor just to get rid of it. And of course this is the same neighbor where the Lady of the house came over on our property looking for her dog and came found me gardening naked.

So it being in the low nineties I drove over to make arrangements for the wood. and when I got there I was greeted by about 5 dogs. I was making nice with the pack so I could get up on the porch where the door bell is when the lady of the house comes driving up. So I greeted her and explained my mission to rid myself of the wood scattered over the corner of my field.

I inquired about whether she had found her dog and that led to discussion about our meeting the previous day when she encountered me nude. In that discussion she said that it had not bothered her at all and shrugged saying "Hey, this is the country" and asked if such encounters got people upset, and I related the account of when I encountered hunters that I had previously had. and she was amused that some people usually got flustered and I allowed as how sometimes they got quite so. I asked her if she was a farm girl, and she allowed as how she was and it did not bother her at all. I tossed in a comment about being a Christian Naturist and mentioned that the term was reasonably defined on Wikipedia.

We chatted a bit and arranged for the wood cutter to give me a call next week and in the chatting it came out that she is about to take over the wood cutting business. I do not know the details, but from some of what she said I think she is not afraid to do some of the work herself though she may hire some help as well. she probably doesn't tip the scales over 120 lbs if that much but she appears thoroughly fit and not afraid of labor. The house there is a rental these days as the landowner is in an assisted living facility in town and not living there himself. Plus I am not sure whose kids I have seen there Hers, His, or Theirs, or a mix thereof. Seeing as how they are as industrious as they are and not afraid of work, and somewhat entrepreneurial I suspect that they will prove to be good neighbors in the long run. At least there won't be a fuss if they see me being a naturist. :duh: :biggrin:

Thanks for the great follow-up news BT... :D
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm

I believe that her reply, "Hey, this is the country", is exactly what we all hope to hear if we all had such an encounter. Much more welcoming than the possibility of hearing, "I'm callin' the cops!"
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:24 am

It sounds as if you don't have to be very careful on that side of your property.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby sarah grant » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 am

But we still dont know what happened to the dog !!! :argh: :lol:
sarah grant
Permanent Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:32 am

prairieboy wrote:It sounds as if you don't have to be very careful on that side of your property.
While that might be true, I will not jump to that conclusion as they do have children there at times so I will still be cautious when following my trail that parallels the fence past their house. particularly at those seasons when the leaves are off the trees.

sara grant wrote:But we still don't know what happened to the dog !!!
Alas that is true. The dog has not been seen since. As it was a mostly grown pup from the spring litter, we might speculate that after a traumatic experience the dog might have decided that it was time to venture out and find a new home. We have kept an eye out to see if the dog has turned up anywhere, and on the (ironically) positive side of things we have watched for any sign of buzzards circling as that is the likely final disposition of any animal that meets its end in the wild around here, and there has been no sign of that as we would expect had the dog died. As that process for an animal of that size usually goes on for at least a few days the probability of that fate being seen can be expected. So no buzzards is a good sign for the fate of the dog. (e.g. previously a dog of about 40 lbs, that was seriously injured by a vehicle and had to be "put down" required nearly a week of buzzard activity to be "clened up"). I know that sounds a little gruesome, yet it is a positive indication :roll: .
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Next

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports