My first nude hiking experience

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My first nude hiking experience

Postby dereklee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm

A couple months ago during an Alaskan cruise with my wife, we had some free time during the afternoon at our port stop in Skagway. So we spontaneously decided to take a 3 hour hike on one of their beautiful trails. We were having such wonderful time enjoying the pristine surroundings and invigorating fresh air!

The trail we were on circled around a huge lake. When we got to the far side of it, we were completely isolated with no one around for miles. So I decided this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to strip nude and enjoy all this stunning beauty...and so that is exactly what I did! It was such an exhilarating experience beyond words! To experience God's beautiful creation in my natural state with the warm sun and fresh air encompassing every part of my body was an experience I will not soon forget...and it definitely has given me the desire to do more nude hiking!

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6624.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG
dereklee
Resident

Re: My first nude hiking experience

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 am

You write in the singular tense. Did your wife pass on the opportunity to join you in skinny hiking?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 pm

:like:

Naked ramble on! (Queue Led Zeppelin.)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby dereklee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 am

New_Adventurer wrote:You write in the singular tense. Did your wife pass on the opportunity to join you in skinny hiking?

Yes, she did pass...although later on she said she would have stripped down too to get in the water if she had had a towel. It's still baby steps with her; but I am so thankful she encouraged me to do it and even took the pictures! :D
dereklee
Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 am

At least she encouraged you and willingly, perhaps gleefully, took the photos for you Derek. As you said, baby steps.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Well, lucky you, dereklee! I'm jealous... I just got back from Alaska and after a week there I couldn't find the time to take dip or hike. On the other hand, I was on a mission trip so naturist activities were not a priority.

Glad you and your wife had a good time.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 am

dereklee, I see that you have chosen to use that 3rd picture as an avatar at NC, It is a really great picture and makes an excellent avatar, showing your affinity and commitment to NATUREism When I read your post here and saw that it was not your avatar here I though that you had dropped it, before I realized that I had seen it at NC. It is a good one!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby dereklee » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 am

Bare_Truth wrote:dereklee, I see that you have chosen to use that 3rd picture as an avatar at NC, It is a really great picture and makes an excellent avatar, showing your affinity and commitment to NATUREism When I read your post here and saw that it was not your avatar here I though that you had dropped it, before I realized that I had seen it at NC. It is a good one!

Thanks, BareTruth!I I just updated my avatar here too.
dereklee
Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:56 am

Dereklee, Wondering the thoughts of the avatar in the water "Hmmm, man this is pretty cold, should I go in further? Maybe I'll just check out the view" :lol:
Nice avatar pic!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm

webmeister wrote:Dereklee, Wondering the thoughts of the avatar in the water "Hmmm, man this is pretty cold, should I go in further? Maybe I'll just check out the view" :lol:
Nice avatar pic!
I was always a 'fraidy-cat when it came to swimming in cold water. Something remarkable I found out is that, when swimming nude - so there is no clingy, clammy fabric - I can handle the cold plunge MUCH more easily! I have skinny-dipped many times in mountain streams that I would have avoided earlier in life, before I was willing to move my nudity out-of-doors in open places.
dv8
Native Resident

Postby dereklee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 am

The water was pretty cold. But getting into it nude was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was quite refreshing and exhilarating! Of course being surrounded with all this gorgeous view of God's amazing creation in my natural state also helped with that sense of exhilaration as well!
dereklee
Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 am

We had a swimming pool when we first moved in and went swimming until after Thanksgiving when the pool was closed and opened in March due to damage when the pool was closed. Got S to join me nude in the pool and first learned to swim. The pool stayed open until Thanksgiving and reopened again in February. Followed this practice until 2005 when the pool was vandalized. :argh:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:43 am

jude700 wrote:We had a swimming pool when we first moved in and went swimming until after Thanksgiving when the pool was closed and opened in March due to damage when the pool was closed. Got S to join me nude in the pool and first learned to swim. The pool stayed open until Thanksgiving and reopened again in February. Followed this practice until 2005 when the pool was vandalized. :argh:

One of the nudist resorts around here put a dome over their pool for winter use. The trapped energy of the sun can do amazing things on a sunny winter day, vastly extending the swim season.
Another place, simply put a pool cover (foam covered with vinyl) over the pool at night. The owner has discovered that he can get an extra month of swim season just by preventing the heating of the day from escaping the pool at night.

Jude700, I hate to see you so discouraged by a single act of vandalism that you have endured 12 years without a swim.
Can't you put a fence around that pool and get some measure of security?
You are at risk of a drowning if you don't fence your pool.
And just a few miles south of here, you risk having alligators in the pool with you without a fence. :shock:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:52 am

Covers over the pool are great. A local RV Park in West Sacramento puts one on and last time there and it appeared that cameras were blocked by it. It is a air supported cover with air lock doors. Well the water was warm and off came the trunks...Can't be too free as must watch the air lock doors, but toward the end of the allowed time it was nice to be free for a bit. I might suggest they designate a skinny dip hour... :lol:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:32 pm

webmeister wrote:Covers over the pool are great. A local RV Park in West Sacramento puts one on and last time there and it appeared that cameras were blocked by it. It is a air supported cover with air lock doors. Well the water was warm and off came the trunks...Can't be too free as must watch the air lock doors, but toward the end of the allowed time it was nice to be free for a bit. I might suggest they designate a skinny dip hour... :lol:

A prudish pastor in Fresno fought tooth and nail to stop a local waterpark from having a nudist day.
Funny how one nutty loudmouth managed to shut down a huge event , making all sorts of outlandish accusations against nudists.
The waterpark owner chose to cancel the event and had to return hundreds of dollars to the organizers.
I wish he had stood his ground.

Not sure if the RV park would have enough residents willing to go naked to make a go of it.
But a city-wide or regional event could draw far more people.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports