Avatar

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Avatar

Postby baresoul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Nathan, when you said you could resize an image I would want for an avatar, as I had too many pixels with any image I wanted, it seemed to me you meant you had a way you know of to reduce the pixels for an image to fit. This was what I needed that someone in the other forum helped with for me to use the image I have there. This is the older image of myself nude. I just was picking some other image I would still like, for this forum, because I was not as sure that imsge was alright for here. If the reduction of pixels can be done with this image, I will take it. It might work better to reduce the one with three in it to have not too many pixels. Any other image I considered from outside of images for it in these forums had still too many pixels for what would be accepted.
User avatar
baresoul
Native Resident
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: Western United States

Re: Avatar

Postby Lionheart » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:36 am

Anyone know of a place to create a nude cartoon version of oneself? I thought I heard someone say some time ago that there was an app or website for that purpose.
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
User avatar
Lionheart
Permanent Resident
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Avatar

Postby natman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:19 am

baresoul wrote:Nathan, when you said you could resize an image I would want for an avatar, as I had too many pixels with any image I wanted, it seemed to me you meant you had a way you know of to reduce the pixels for an image to fit. This was what I needed that someone in the other forum helped with for me to use the image I have there. This is the older image of myself nude. I just was picking some other image I would still like, for this forum, because I was not as sure that imsge was alright for here. If the reduction of pixels can be done with this image, I will take it. It might work better to reduce the one with three in it to have not too many pixels. Any other image I considered from outside of images for it in these forums had still too many pixels for what would be accepted.

Baresoul,

I had not resized the images yet. I just posted them for you to pick which one you want.

If you are wanting this for another site, then I need to know what the size and pixel limits are for that site.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Avatar

Postby natman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am

Lionheart wrote:Anyone know of a place to create a nude cartoon version of oneself? I thought I heard someone say some time ago that there was an app or website for that purpose.


I have found several places that will produce a cartoon image of your face, but none that will do your entire body.

You might have to add your cartooned head to an existing cartoon body. Good luck with that.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Avatar

Postby baresoul » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:26 pm

natman wrote:
baresoul wrote:Nathan, when you said you could resize an image I would want for an avatar, as I had too many pixels with any image I wanted, it seemed to me you meant you had a way you know of to reduce the pixels for an image to fit. This was what I needed that someone in the other forum helped with for me to use the image I have there. This is the older image of myself nude. I just was picking some other image I would still like, for this forum, because I was not as sure that imsge was alright for here. If the reduction of pixels can be done with this image, I will take it. It might work better to reduce the one with three in it to have not too many pixels. Any other image I considered from outside of images for it in these forums had still too many pixels for what would be accepted.

Baresoul,

I had not resized the images yet. I just posted them for you to pick which one you want.

If you are wanting this for another site, then I need to know what the size and pixel limits are for that site.


Nathan, sorry, I did not understand that. I was only thinking of it for putting in here for the avatar image, and this with thinking my own image was not right for here. The fuller version, that you tightened in, would be preferred, if that works.
User avatar
baresoul
Native Resident
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: Western United States

Re: Avatar

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 am

natman wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Anyone know of a place to create a nude cartoon version of oneself? I thought I heard someone say some time ago that there was an app or website for that purpose.


I have found several places that will produce a cartoon image of your face, but none that will do your entire body.

You might have to add your cartooned head to an existing cartoon body. Good luck with that.


I tried http://www.cartoonize.net/OnlineCartoonizer/

Before:
jim-nude-dh_1-1-17_1cs.jpg


After:
jim-cartoon.jpg


There are lots of effects to choose from. Fun to play with.
User avatar
Jim
Native Resident
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Avatar

Postby natman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:39 pm

baresoul wrote:Nathan, sorry, I did not understand that. I was only thinking of it for putting in here for the avatar image, and this with thinking my own image was not right for here. The fuller version, that you tightened in, would be preferred, if that works.


Baresoul,

This is what the avatars would look like if sized for this site.

5to1GroupAvatar.jpg
5to1GroupAvatar.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 280 times


2to1Avatar.jpg
2to1Avatar.jpg (9.57 KiB) Viewed 280 times
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Avatar

Postby baresoul » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 pm

natman wrote:
baresoul wrote:Nathan, sorry, I did not understand that. I was only thinking of it for putting in here for the avatar image, and this with thinking my own image was not right for here. The fuller version, that you tightened in, would be preferred, if that works.


Baresoul,

This is what the avatars would look like if sized for this site.

5to1GroupAvatar.jpg


2to1Avatar.jpg


Thanks Nathan for giving more opportunity for me to consider. I should have realized already that with less pixels and to fit into the space for displaying an avatar, the long image would necessarily appear that much smaller. I do actually like larger appearing images. So I would prefer the one with three figures, for that. If it is ready, I will try loading that one up for the avatar display here in these forums.
User avatar
baresoul
Native Resident
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: Western United States

Re: Avatar

Postby natman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Baresoul,

I went ahead and updated it for you.

I hope this is what you want.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Avatar

Postby baresoul » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:28 pm

natman wrote:Baresoul,

I went ahead and updated it for you.

I hope this is what you want.


Thanks for doing that, Nathan. It will do well for me.
User avatar
baresoul
Native Resident
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: Western United States

Previous

Return to Questions about this website

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests