Membership Levels

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Membership Levels

Postby NudeDude92 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:What is the [roblem with expecting new member to make a minimum number of postings? It is not that hard, just read the prior postings and add to them with your own opinion.

The only thing I could see as a good reason is being given time for the newcomer to establish themselves as a reliably wholesome poster. I'd do that if I was a moderator. Something along the lines of faithful is little leads to greater responsibility. Just my my two cents. I have no problem with the current system.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't your sport.
NudeDude92
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

I just kept plugging away when I joined. Yes, there were times when it was frustrating not being able to put my tuppence worth into a debate. Then again, it gave me a chance to think about the issues raised & get something of a handle on the nature of other folk on here. I wanted to take part here &, for me, the wait was worth it.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 am

I'm not around here that often anymore, and the reason being is what the previous posters have said. I don't tend to post much here, but when I felt I could make a worthy comment, quite often it was a thread that I wasn't allowed to post to yet. :argh: I now pretty much just stick with Naturist-Christians
naturist
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am

Naturist, it's interesting you've left this site due due to comments from previous posters since quite a number here left N-c for that very reason. I'm still an active member on both sites. I'm glad you do still visit here at least from time to time.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 am

Jim,
When I referred to what the previous posters had said, I meant those in this strip who expressed the same frustration as I did of not being able to post to certain topics until you meet a certain number of posts. I think that NC has a similar policy there too, but I guess I must have posted often enough that I don't remember it being an issue.
naturist
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:52 am

Yes, N-C does have a similar or same policy about posting before being able to post in all areas. I experienced the same frustration both here and at N-C but plugged away at both until granted permission to freely post in both.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

For Petros

Postby RatherBSailin » Sat May 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Thought I would try something new... Petros posted the following, starting a new thread:

"This comes from watching and trying to stay out of debates o other sites ranging from sexuality to nationalism to tolerance to various world issues.

I wonder that a religion centered on one who spoke truth to ALL the powers and was more concerned with the heart than with the letter spawns so many - not all of whom see that they are very insidiously religious - who flip their collective wig if A diagrees with this or B dares to ptomote that.

Yopu may supply your own issues."

Since I am not allowed to post on that thread, I'll post here and perhaps Petros will see it...

I agree, Petros. I see a pervasive confirmation bias in our culture today so that everyone only hears and believes information or ideas that support their current beliefs. Very few people seem to be actually seeking truth and, when presented with information or ideas that conflict with their beliefs, tend to get angry. It's a horrible state of affairs.
He who laughs, lasts.
RatherBSailin
Resident

Postby Petros » Sun May 05, 2019 6:14 am

And I am seeing it. There are various views on why that should be - or why it is, I do not feel it SHOULD be - conspiracy theory, built in trait in some types of people going wild, an effect of so-called social media,
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby NudeDude92 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Yes, N-C does have a similar or same policy about posting before being able to post in all areas. I experienced the same frustration both here and at N-C but plugged away at both until granted permission to freely post in both.

Jim

If they did, they don't anymore. When I joined NC, there was pretty much no restriction to posting to me.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't your sport.
NudeDude92
Native Resident

Postby varv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:48 pm

it's complicated! I do not understand what they are afraid of inventing these levels? It is much easier and more correct to remove violators than to feel inadequate waiting for someone's permission to be able and have the right to communicate.. :(
varv
Resident

Postby natman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:49 pm

varv wrote:it's complicated! I do not understand what they are afraid of inventing these levels? It is much easier and more correct to remove violators than to feel inadequate waiting for someone's permission to be able and have the right to communicate.. :(

The initial posting approvals are intended to prevent scammers and spammers from posting malicious content and to verify that someone is legitimate.

I have been away from the helm for a while because I have been extremely busy in other areas, so I missed approving several posts. :(

You should be good to go.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Previous

Return to Questions about this website