Adding games?

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

If there were games on CNV, would you play them?

Yes
33%
No
17%
If there was something I liked.
33%
Only if I was bored out of my mind.
17%

Total votes : 18

Adding games?

Postby Webmaster » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:05 am

Ok, on the old version of CNV we had some games. We always had some problems with the score keeping system and some of the games not working right.

When we went to do the upgrade one of the questions we asked was if we wanted games on the upgraded site. It was kind of hard to tell if anybody played the games because the scoring systems was messed up, so I'm going to do it this way with a poll and see what the members think.

There wouldn't be any cost for the games, and it can be limited to only members who post a certain number of times. It could also be set up in layers of posting. The more posts made, the more games are available to play.

All of the games I've found so far (over 200 of them) are free to us, and so is the add-on for the arcade score keeping program.

I'm looking at 4 types of games:

Classic (Like Donkey Kong and Asteroids)

Racing games (Car, boat, skiing)

Mind twisters (Monjon, puzzles)

Adventures (Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones type)

Some of them I'm not going to do, such as shooting games where you would kill people or theft games.

I haven't downloaded any games, and it would take me about a week to get the ones we'd want downloaded, then a day to install the add-on and games. That MAY (don't know for sure yet) require the site to be down for a while while I do the install of the main add-on.

I'll leave it up to you before I spend the time downloading the games only to find out you don't want them.
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Re: Adding games?

Postby firefighter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:11 pm

If there were games here I would play them but it really doesn't matter either way to me.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby pocononaturist » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes, I might play them, but that's not why I come to this site to begin with. Whether there are or aren't games, my purpose is to interact with the others here.

Thank you for this forum. Games would be icing on the cake.

Michael
Michael, aka
PoconoNaturist
pocononaturist
Permanent Resident

Postby stillseeking » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Hmmmm, games might "lure" my 17 yo son in here!! ;) He likes the racing type best, I think. ;)
~Wendy~
stillseeking
Native Resident

Postby minister72 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

They don't sound like a bad idea, but would the time be worth the benefit. I would reflect also, that is not why I come here, but might play around here more if there were games. I would prefer games involving other members, but not sure if that would be possible or how well it would work with people in and out so much. My biggest hessitation would be that it would be a lot of work and disappointing if no one really used them. I think it should be left up to you webmaster.
Thanks for all you do.
Grace and Peace,
Minister72

1 Cor 1:18 - A Professor once said when hearing or discovering a new truth in scripture, before fully considering it, I look for the paradox. I have found naturism to be a great paradox and fully biblical.
minister72
Native Resident

Postby Slim350 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 am

Why not sounds like fun to me. I agree with Minister72 I would prefer games involving other members as well.
Slim350
Resident

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:55 am

minister72 wrote:They don't sound like a bad idea, but would the time be worth the benefit. I would reflect also, that is not why I come here, but might play around here more if there were games. I would prefer games involving other members, but not sure if that would be possible or how well it would work with people in and out so much. My biggest hesitation would be that it would be a lot of work and disappointing if no one really used them. I think it should be left up to you webmaster.
Thanks for all you do.

The work itself isn't that hard, and I'm having some fun when I test the games to see if they're worth having or not. :)

I looked at what Stillwondering said about it being a way to get her son to come to the site. With the posting level required to play games it would mean he would have to be involved in the forums first before playing the games. It might be worth it for that alone, but I'm also thinking of having a few games open for registered members that haven't posted, then unlocking more games after they post X number of times.

Slim350 wrote:Why not sounds like fun to me. I agree with Minister72 I would prefer games involving other members as well.

There are some multi player games, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in those simply because the members playing would have to be on at the same time. I had looked some role player, turn based games that would similar to an ongoing mission or quest, but wouldn't require all the players to be online at the same time. Player 1 takes a turn, then player 2 takes a turn, and so on. But each player must take a turn in 24 hours or lose their turn.

I'll revisit both of those options.
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby firefighter » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:16 pm

I hadn't thought about it drawing more of the younger generation to our site. What a GREAT! idea Wendy.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Ckin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm

pocononaturist wrote:Yes, I might play them, but that's not why I come to this site to begin with. Whether there are or aren't games, my purpose is to interact with the others here.

This is my take as well. I personally don't have time for games, that is, I don't consider gaming of high enough priority to MAKE TIME for it. We always make time for what is important to us, I 'spose.
-Ckin
Ckin
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 am

We had games on the old site, but no one seemed to bother to play any of the more than once.

Perhaps if we had games that invovled interaction with other members and that had something to do with Christian naturism.

There are some flash-based puzzle generators that I have seen on other sites. Essentially, you submit a picture, and the generator breaks it up into puzzle peices.

Check these out...
http://www.westpennnaturist.com/West%20 ... Puzzle.htm

http://eight.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.ph ... 1&f_dm=www

http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php? ... k=38807321

Or the nudist trampoline game...
http://www.quickeasygames.com/games/280 ... oline.html
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:37 am

natman wrote:...There are some flash-based puzzle generators...

Flash-based? :shock: We're naturists, not exhibitionists! :mrgreen: :toofunny:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Questions about this website