What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Avatar

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 pm

There is also Picnik resizing, which I use. It's very easy to use. It has to be for simple people like me. :biggrin:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby pendletonguy1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am

Jon-Marc

Thanks for the Picnik tip! It actually worked, although it made it off center (can't remember if Picnik did that, or I did when I went back and resized it as it was still a little bit too big for here) . But it'll do for the moment until I can post a better one.
pendletonguy1
Resident

Postby pendletonguy1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 am

I was going to post this on my Windows Live profile page photo section, but when I read their policies regarding photos they won't even allow "partial nudity". Anybody know anything about that? Would this pitchure be seen as "partial nudity?".
pendletonguy1
Resident

Postby Webmaster » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm

pendletonguy1 wrote:I was going to post this on my Windows Live profile page photo section, but when I read their policies regarding photos they won't even allow "partial nudity". Anybody know anything about that? Would this pitchure be seen as "partial nudity?".

It might. Generally their view on partial nudity is anything that revels or gives the impression of reveling sexual organs. For example (and the main reason the policy was written from what I have found) is a woman's breasts because some people consider them sexual organs. Of course if a male is shirtless that doesn't count.
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby Anthony111 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

I see very few avatars that show full frontal nudity. What is the etiquette on this? is it okay to have an avatar that shows full frontal nudity or is that something that is discouraged?
Anthony111
Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 am

Anthony111 wrote:I see very few avatars that show full frontal nudity. What is the etiquette on this? is it okay to have an avatar that shows full frontal nudity or is that something that is discouraged?

Here is a copy of the Terms and Conditions you should have read and agreed to in order to become a member...

10. Avatars are for the purpose of putting faces to voices, and/or representing something about who you are. No avatars will be allowed before you have reached the status of Resident (10 posts). If your avatar image is a photograph, no genitals may be seen; if it is a reproduction of a non-photographic artwork, it should not focus on the genitals. (The decision of the moderator staff will always be considered as final. Women's breasts are not considered as genitals.) When you are ready to post an avatar you must petition the SiteAdmin for permission to post the avatar of your choice. You may PM the SiteAdmin, or send an e-mail to webmaster@CNVillage.org with a copy of the avatar you wish to post. If the avatar is approved, you will be granted permission to post it.

Personally, I do not see anything wrong with your avatar since it is a non-photographic artwork and since it does not "focus" on the genitals.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Anthony111 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks again natman. I did read through the terms of service, but I must have missed that detail.
Anthony111
Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 pm

My avatar is a representation of Adam and Eve by Cranach the Elder on the right. On the left are the line drawing depictions of humans which were engraved on a gold plaque on the Pioneer spacecraft which was the first human made object to leave the solar system. The art work was done by the (then) wife of Carl Sagan. I rather thought the juxtaposition of these two representations from opposite ends of the philosophical spectrum said a lot and despite the divergence of the view points both present the man and woman as nude and comfortable in that natural state. I have taken only slight liberties with the images to get them to fit into the avatar space limitations and make a correct presentation.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:15 am

I have just gotten back from reading the rules on membership levels, and as best I can figure from what I read there I shouldn't be able to have an avatar, but somehow I was able to load one.

Well that is a good thing because I would feel naked without an avatar.

But wait ...... I am supposed to feel naked, ..... Aren't I ?

Hmmmmm. ..... I guess it must be a conundrum !
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Hmmmmm. ..... I guess it must be a conundrum !

A "conundrum"? Isn't that one of those things people use to prevent getting someone pregnant???

No, wait! That's a "condominium".

Or is that only the version for "small" people?

I'm soooo confused. :dizzy:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:34 pm

natman wrote:A "conundrum"? Isn't that one of those things people use to prevent getting someone pregnant???

No, wait! That's a "condominium".

Or is that only the version for "small" people?

I'm soooo confused. :dizzy:

Good Quip natman, good quip.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Good Quip natman, good quip.

Actually, it was an e-quip (electronic-quip) since I did it "electronically". :)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13 pm

natman wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:Good Quip natman, good quip.

Actually, it was an e-quip (electronic-quip) since I did it "electronically". :)

Well, some of us are well e-quipped. :wink:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby dby » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 pm

natman wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:Hmmmmm. ..... I guess it must be a conundrum !

A "conundrum"? Isn't that one of those things people use to prevent getting someone pregnant???

You are thinking of condiments - no wait, that is only the mint flavored ones....
dby
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 am

dby wrote:You are thinking of condiments - no wait, that is only the mint flavored ones....

I thought those were the little things they placed out in bowls when having an open house at a condominium...

"Condo Mints"

No, wait. Aren't "condiments" the opposite of "compliments"... When you don't have something nice to say about someone, you say a "condemnment" ever so slightly under your breath. And then you need a breath mint. :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

PreviousNext

Return to Questions about this website