FUNDING IDEAS?

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

FUNDING IDEAS?

Postby natman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Howdy Village members!

I would like to ask for some ideas from the group about ways to fund this site.

I will be adding a "Donations" link which will allow members to make a direct donation (less the processing fee, typically $0.30 and 2.7%).

I would also like to have a "Store" where products could be purchased that carried the CNVillage logo, such as coffee mugs, T-shirts, decals, calendars, towels etc. The companies that provide these things provide them directly to the end user and send a small portion of the sale to us.

I know a seamstress who does custom designs and embroidery so am also considering offering semi-custom towels and bath-wraps.
Something like this for guys...
TerryWrap.JPG
TerryWrap.JPG (5.23 KiB) Viewed 3299 times

.. with velcro or some sort of quick-connect and a pocket in the front for cell phone, keys, ID etc. It should work as a sitting towel while at a resort and a storage and quick dry towel when at the beach. I am considering different colors, including plaid that would look kind of like a Scottish kilt.

Something like this for women...
ladieswrap.jpg
ladieswrap.jpg (52.41 KiB) Viewed 3299 times

I am not yet sure what the costs would be, but the difference between the costs and the sale amount would go to fund the site.

I would also like to offer books and CD's that pertain to Christianity and naturism, but have not found a source yet.

I am trying to avoid having to spend money on inventory, providing items on an as-needed basis.

If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: FUNDING IDEAS?

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 pm

It would be a good idea to have some budgets as in if we have x amount we can proceed with A, but if we have y amount we can proceed with B etc.

I am not sure that we here generally understand the financials of keeping this site up and running. I am quite vague about how this whole thing is funded.

Things of that sort could be displayed on the donation page(s)

Will there be multiple modes for donations, e.g.:
-- donation by credit/debit card
-- Address to send checks
-- Account for direct transfers (free for some of us and bypasses fees at the receiving end)
-- Are these tax exempt donations and if so do we get receipts
-- Is there a possibility of doing advertising on the site (e.g. naturist resorts)
-- Alternatives to pay pal which some will not use due to their past business practices and viral marketing and skirting of banking laws

Will there be financial reports so people know what their donations are accomplishing? (not to mention keeping people abreast of current needs)

Will there be a way to donate to specific projects, sort of a way to vote with our pocketbooks.

How is the site operated, I.E. is it hosted on a commercial server or is there a server belonging to the parent organizaton and collocated with a collocation host. The latter sometimes offers certain advantages if for instance the site has large volumes of downloadable materials, or needs to provide legal isolation for the Host.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Have you thought about a site like Cafe Press?

I think the CNV logo on a beach towel would be great.

- Jasen.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Kiltedhiker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 am

I would buy a beach towel - I wear a kilt for a wrap. This is a great idea!!
Kiltedhiker
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:47 am

jasenj1 wrote:Have you thought about a site like Cafe Press?

Yes, they are one of the sources I have looked at. Unfortunately, the are a bit on the pricey side, but they ship direct, so no inventory.

jasenj1 wrote:I think the CNV logo on a beach towel would be great.

Do you think it should be offered with just the logo, with logo and "Christian Naturist Village", or both?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:19 am

natman wrote:Do you think it should be offered with just the logo, with logo and "Christian Naturist Village", or both?

I think the question is what's the cost to offer any product? If the cost is $0, then do both - if you have the creative through put.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 am

jasenj1 wrote:I think the CNV logo on a beach towel would be great.

Do you think it should be offered with just the logo, with logo and "Christian Naturist Village", or both?

I'm kind of inclined to think the logo alone would perhaps generate interesting conversation ... a person sees the logo, asks about it, and the wearer of the wrap has a chance to speak and possibly witness a bit. :)
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 am

I would like to suggest more than just a CNV logo on a Beach Towel.

How about a beach/sitting towel with a whole bunch of "approved" resort logo's on it. We could possibly get some funding for its advertising value to the resorts. It would make a great conversation piece, not to mention a "bucket list" of resorts. And while we are adding things, perhaps we could add other approved christian naturist organizations and there is no reason why such a towel would have to be sold only buy CNV. This of course would require a bit of coordination. Since the listing of organizations on it would be a sort of imprimatur for the resorts, some sort of vetting might be needed. To that end perhaps some organization such as AANR might be better suited to "own" the design, but then it could be sold by any of the organizations on the towel.

Please feel free to critique this concept and offer modifications or variants of the basic scheme.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Questions about this website