Is there a PM SNAFU

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Is there a PM SNAFU

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Is there some sort of Personal Message snafu?
I was over at naturist christians checking my inbox and discovered that there were two old messages sitting in my out box, and suspecting a problem I thought I would come over here and send at least one of those from this site since the recipient posts on both. That is when I found that there were 4 here from as much as a couple of weeks ago that are still sitting in my outbox on this site.

I assume that outbox means only that I have initiated the send, and the sent messages category means that it has actually been transmitted. But neither the two on NC or the 4 on CNV appeared in their respective "sent messages" box.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Is there a PM SNAFU

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 pm

No snafus that I'm aware of. It may be simply that the message recipients haven't checked their messages...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: Is there a PM SNAFU

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 am

jochanaan wrote:No snafus that I'm aware of. It may be simply that the message recipients haven't checked their messages...
So it would seem that you are asserting that the "sent messages" box chould perhaps be called the "received messages box, meaning that the addressee in box has received the message.

My interpretation of "Outbox and sent messages was
Outbox: ...........................In the queue to be forwarded to recipient
Sent messages: .............these messages have been forwarded or placed in the recipient's in box.

Could someone please verify the correct interpretation.

If Jochanaan's interpretation is correct I wonder why I have accumulated so many in the outbox :?: :?: :?:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Questions about this website