FINDING A TOPIC ON COMING OUT

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

FINDING A TOPIC ON COMING OUT

Postby NUDEBEME » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:57 am

Can someone help me find a Blog or members comments on
how they broke the ice and told their Family & Friends & co-workers
that they have chosen the nudist lifestyle. Thank you NUDEBEME
NUDEBEME
New Comer

Re: FINDING A TOPIC ON COMING OUT

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:13 am

There are stories of "coming out" all around these forums. And there's an interesting discussion of "coming out" to your church here: http://cnvillage.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5431
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: FINDING A TOPIC ON COMING OUT

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:10 pm

One of my sons-in law gets very embarrassed on the subject of nudity, and I always enjoyed embarrassing him. One day as we all sat at their dining table, I believe he thought he would embarrass me by announcing to my grandkids, "Grandpa lives where everybody run around naked." Where do people get this idea that all we do is run? My oldest grandson (about 8 or 9 at the time; he's now 18) said, "Uh, uh!" He couldn't believe it; my older daughter took it pretty much in stride, and my younger daughter was shocked. Interestingly, my one granddaughter (9 or 10 at the time (turns 20 this April 10--2 days after I turn 69) used the word "nude" instead of "naked".

Of course, talking about where I live does not embarrass me. When I was in the hospital last week, I told everyone I spoke to that I live in a nudist resort. One nurse had no idea what a nudist resort was. One man (the third out of the four roommates I had) was very interested and asked all kinds of questions. He had only heard the negative that unknowing people make up out of ignorance and from what others tell them, and he was very glad to talk with someone who could give him the truth about living clothes-free from personal experience. As he was leaving, he said that I might see him here at the resort. I seriously doubt it though; his wife (I assume she was) struck me as a woman who wouldn't tolerate that.

I never cease to be amazed at how most people will just take what they hear as fact without finding out the truth for themselves. I once heard nothing but bad things about a pastor, and I didn't form an opinion until I met him and found out that all I heard was lies.

(1) If anyone has a problem with how and where I live, that's their problem. (2) The ONLY One who has the right to condemn me for what I do is God. (3) People are welcome to their opinion, and they're also welcome to keep it to themselves. (4) If God doesn't condemn it in His word, then no one else has the right to do so.

If you're embarrassed to tell people about enjoying being clothes-free, then perhaps it would be best to keep it to yourself. That, unfortunately, isn't always possible. Someone else (like with my son-in-law) might "out" you. Some people have a job that could be jeopardized by that announcement, because of people's negative ideas about nudity--especially social nudity.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to Questions about this website