Village Traffic is DOWN

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Village Traffic is DOWN

Postby natman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:20 am

It appears that the number of posts per day (or per week) have dropped considerably lately.

Is no one interested in the topic of Christian naturism anymore?

It makes me wonder if it is worth keeping this forum online. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Village Traffic is DOWN

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 pm

There's pretty good traffic over at Naturist-Christians. Maybe it's time to shutdown one of the forums and combine the traffic. There's a huge amount of duplication. Since they are both on the same forum software, perhaps CNV could be archived as a closed (or open) sub-forum on N-C.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 pm

jasenj1 wrote:There's pretty good traffic over at Naturist-Christians. Maybe it's time to shutdown one of the forums and combine the traffic. There's a huge amount of duplication. Since they are both on the same forum software, perhaps CNV could be archived as a closed (or open) sub-forum on N-C.

If that happens, I will not participate.
This site is a different place, one I have come to enjoy better.
I enjoyed the friendships made here.
I wish everyone the best! God bless!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 pm

I know I have been offline a lot lately. Between work (job work) and work on my hobby farm, have been busy.
However in general I see a change in society. People seem to be very concerned (many scared) about where things are going. That could be having an effect.
We are also just coming out of a very hard winter. Nude days for most of us are stil not common. High today in 60s with wind.
Anyway, so much for my rambling.
This site is a good resource. I just posted an idea to help bring the more reluctant ones into the Christian Naturist group. My idea may be able to reach some, while ideas from other members could reach others. All of this will help the greater Christian Naturist cause and CNV.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:55 am

I am not prepared to say that I would not move if the Village merged into Naturist Christians. But it HAS a quite different vibe, and I definitely prefer it here. Since I joined in thee have been a couple drops [I do NOT assume cause and effects] which eventually picked up.

Myself, I have since January been compressed enough for time that it has been hard for me to initiate topics, and some days hard to join in. But that does not equate to lack of interest, and even when I do not sayu much I check in usually twice daily.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:42 am

Here are my purposes for participating in a naturist forum.
1. Answer questions & help guide newbies; share my accumulated wisdom & knowledge. I've been a naturist for well over 20 years now, have wrestled with many of the issues related to Christianity & naturism, and have had some interesting experiences where the two intersect.

2. Share experiences & swap stories with those of similar mind. This would be more of a peer relationship.

3. Be aware of goings on where Christianity & naturism intersect and comment. e.g. Some pastor or TV personality says something related to nudity.

4. Share research. That is, finding interesting historical & theological writings related to Christianity & naturism. Today's attitudes toward nudity are not historically constant. Past attitudes can show the folly of our current generation.

There has been very little of #1 lately. There seems to be much more of that going on over at N-C. I don't know why. Maybe visitors are reading the archives & finding the answers they need. Maybe there are very few visitors (natman should have a better feel for that if he can sort the bots from the humans).

#2 is nice, and there seems to be about a dozen regulars who show up and "shoot the breeze". These conversations often veer away from Christianity & naturism, but they are acquaintances being friendly with each other. Most of these regulars have the experience & background that there is not much wrestling with Christianity & naturism.

#3 There seems to be little of this. That's probably because there's not much of it going on. Maybe as the weather heats up we'll see some more clergy rail against the evils of skin or somesuch and we can all point out how wrong they are.

#4 I think there used to be much more of this going on. I've tried to share some things a few times, but I haven't done much of this recently.

Natman can certainly pull up the numbers, but I think a large majority of the regulars here are also regulars at N-C. (There are certainly many duplicate usernames.) If over half the regular users are participating on both sites & duplicating much of the conversation, what's the point of having two sites? There are costs, both monetary & time, in maintaining both sites. The traffic level on them certainly does not need two servers for any technical reasons.

I appreciate that the two sites have different personalities - like different churches. But, IMHO, the level of differences does not justify the effort to maintain two sites for the level of traffic on them.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 am

While I don't post often I am here, usually, every day reading. CNV seems to have a more mature "personality" whereas NC often seems like questions coming from less mature christians. The difference between "meat" and "milk" is the analogy that comes to mind or maybe high school and college.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 am

I'm a regular visitor to both site and do enjoy both. However, the expense in terms of time and money to maintain both sites may be too much. I'd certainly hate to see some no longer participate if either site were taken down since both have basically the same objective - to share the word of God and the truth of naturism.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:00 am

To be fair, merger inevitably would change the flovor. One church I was in had a "group" for the eager young adults and another for the old school seniors. We fitted neither, being quirky middle age at the time, but went to the seniors which had more meat.

Anyway, like I says, I shall stay here till I may no longer, visiting tother occasionally till there be no option.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:39 am

Making a brief comparison

Naturst Christians website --------------------------- Christian Naturist Village
I joined June 30 2009--------------------------------- I joined September 6 2010
Years in volved 5.8 years ---------------------------- Years involved 4.6 years

I have posted 878 times ------------------------------ I have posted 1555 times
My posting rate .41 posts per day ----------------- My posting rate .92 posts per day
Personal gallery images 2 -------------------------- Personal gallery images 14

I think it is fairly clear that I am involved more ant CNV than at NC.
Why is that so?
-- It is my impression that the Christian theme is stronger at CNV. That is important to me.
-- questions and discussions with a theological or moral theme seem to get a better quality and deeper thought and broader response when considered on CNV, yet their is a substantial tolerance respect and genuine interest in understanding doctrinal differences.
-- The membership between the two does have a great deal of overlap.
-- There is no impediment to political discussion at CNV and as the various states of the world becomes more strident against Christianity, I think it is important to favor forums where someone with a Christian viewpoint can speak to the political issues and trends of the day from a Christian perspective.
-- Photo images are an interest of mine. NC does have more generous options for size and detail that can be posted in the forums as well as the galleries but unfortunately overlays the NC logo on gallery entries which is no big deal for snapshots but is often a distraction in shots of artistic value and remains in downloaded versions and on occasion often spoils important details.
-- My impression is that NC has been picking up more newbies of late
-- I really think the " CNV Triple Introduction" (General/ Faith Journey/ Naturist) is an excellent feature which gives a much more rounded introduction of new members to the "Village". I think that this may be a bit off-putting to the casually religious and that may be what affects the faith vs secular balance of the sites even though the CNV site is non-creedal

As to specific comments of others in this strip.
-------------------------
Jasen wrote:perhaps CNV could be archived as a closed (or open) sub-forum on N-C.
I am not sure what a "sub forum" would be but I would hate to lose the triple intro mentioned above but I do not know how that would affect NC side of the site. as I believe it is possibly off-putting to those who are more casual about religious issues and I question if having co-equal sub forums would be possible on a single site if CNV were to retain its openness to political speech and how that impacts the state of Christianity today.
-------------------------
Ramblin Man wrote:If that happens, I will not participate.
I would give the new conglomerate a try, but I cannot but see it as a loss for some of the best aspects of CNV.
Ramblin Man wrote:This site is a different place, one I have come to enjoy better.
Amen, Ramblinman this site is a different place. It was created to be so, as I understand the history of it.
---------------------------
MoNatureMan wrote:However in general I see a change in society. People seem to be very concerned (many scared) about where things are going. That could be having an effect.
I believe that there is something significant in the way of unease and that it significantly impacts Christians who at the extreme are being slaughtered for their beliefs in some countries and oppressed in the free exercise of their religion and speech even in our own. That it should impact more heavily on a site that has a stronger religious theme is not surprising to me.
MoNatureMan wrote:We are also just coming out of a very hard winter. Nude days for most of us are stil not common.
In my own case the impact may not have been so great because my opportuniities to relish even brief moments of spring weather are facilitated by having my own woodland trails etc. but I can see how that might be so for others.
MoNatureMan wrote:This site is a good resource. ....
What can I say but AMEN!
-----------------------------
Petros wrote:.... the Village.... HAS a quite different vibe and I definitely prefer it here.
AMEN!
-----------------------------
jjsledge wrote:CNV seems to have a more mature "personality" whereas NC often seems like questions coming from less mature christians. The difference between "meat" and "milk" is the analogy that comes to mind
I think you and I are saying the same sort of thing, I like your way of phrasing it :D Nevertheless, questions from less mature Christians are to be valued, because of the opportunity to give a ready answer of the hope that is in us, (even when there are doctrinal variations amongst us, else how would we broaden and deepen our understanding.)
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 am

I would miss this group greatly if it no longer existed.

Naturist-Christians-dot-org is like a megachurch; exciting, attracting a lot of "newbies" and perhaps controversy. Our corner of cyberspace is more like a small community church in which members function like family, with an acceptance and depth of acquaintance and understanding that may not be so much present in the larger group. And over the years, I have come to prefer smaller churches mostly because they can be more like families. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Excellent analogy Jochanaan :like:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 am

"acceptance and depth of acquaintance and understanding" - not quite as prominent in the families with which I am best acquainted.

But one knows what you mean.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:32 am

Petros wrote:"acceptance and depth of acquaintance and understanding" - not quite as prominent in the families with which I am best acquainted.
Are you implying that in some families outlaws are more common than in-laws to speak figuratively? :wink: :lol:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 am

Bare_Truth wrote:...My posting rate .41 posts per day ----------------- My posting rate .92 posts per day

I would rather read a half post with carefully measured words than 20 posts that were ill-tempered and spoken in haste.

And Jochanaan's words about a small family church vs a mega church ring true. It is to some extent a matter of taste, but there are social dynamics in larger institutions that require greater management to maintain a sense of community rather the semblance of a street brawl. Not that it is impossible to create cozy subgroups within the mega-institution, but it does take a lot of work.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Questions about this website