Foods of Crete

Got any favorite recipes you'd like to share?

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Foods of Crete

Postby gardenlover » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:21 pm

I recently purchased a book called "Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World.

It has an abundance of authentic recipes that are easy to prepare. Many of the recipes use quite a bit of fish and olive oil. My favorite so far has been a fish stew. The book is copyrighted so I am not at liberty to share the recipe, but if you are looking for an easy to follow cookbook, with healthy great tasting dishes you may be interested in this book.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Re: Foods of Crete

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:32 pm

A. Ellenos eisai? Or just a culinary eclectic?

B. Specifically Cretan cooking I am not up on, but we have Tselementes +. What is the name, PsaroXXX or something else? I might be able to find it.

Sas efkharisto
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby gardenlover » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Petros wrote:A. Ellenos eisai? Or just a culinary eclectic?

B. Specifically Cretan cooking I am not up on, but we have Tselementes +. What is the name, PsaroXXX or something else? I might be able to find it.

Sas efkharisto

I am sorry, but I do not understand the first question. :oops:

The authors are Koula Barydakis and Bill Bradley
ISBN = 978-0976350712
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm

First question was - are you Greek? Which I guess you just answered. Neither am I, but a year in Greece and two Classicist parents get you into dolmadheds and koulouria.

I had been asking the name of the dish, but good enough - we will get there.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Petros wrote:First question was - are you Greek? Which I guess you just answered. Neither am I, but a year in Greece and two Classicist parents get you into dolmadheds and koulouria.

I had been asking the name of the dish, but good enough - we will get there.

This reminds me of a doctor who assumed I spoke French, because my last name is French. He spoke to me in French, and I told him I didn't understand. My mother's maiden name was British, but no one in her family spoke with a British accent.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I did not so assme, just tested a hypothesis.

The opposite happens - in certain places people have assumed that since I am obviously American I don't follow the local lingo. That assumption has on occasion benefited me.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Recipes