My Email address

Here you can read the founding documents of this website. Members may comment or ask questions, but the Village Council has final jurisdiction over making changes. All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: My Email address

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 am

Yes, welcome Joejoe. I won't really be of any help, I'm sure, helping you figure things out since I'm no computer geek myself :oops: but hope you'll enjoy joining in the conversations here.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 pm

My email address is *****@juno.com. :argh: :dizzy: How does that get listed in the profile :?: :idea:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Re: Joejoe7852@gmail.com

Postby RMOlson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Joejoe7852 wrote:I cant understand how to fill out everything i really want to participate but its hard to do i need some help.

I am new as well and I am occasionally frustrated when I am reading through a topic and want to post because I haven’t posted enough times to be granted access yet. So, I hide my time and post where I can for now. Which seems very limited. My advice, search for topics of interest and post where you can. I am looking forward to getting more involved as topics open to me.
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:51 pm

It might be helpful, and a bit less frustrating, if there was a thread that listed when one gets access to post in the different topics. To me, anyway, it seems very random.
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm

RMOlson wrote:It might be helpful, and a bit less frustrating, if there was a thread that listed when one gets access to post in the different topics. To me, anyway, it seems very random.

Send natman a message. I had the same issue and, if I recall correctly, he gave me permissions to post in every area.

I think this is something that should be eliminated, at least for now, because there are so few of us on the forum anyway.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

jude700 wrote:My email address is *****@juno.com. :argh: :dizzy: How does that get listed in the profile :?: :idea:

Jude, I don't see your email anywhere on your profile page.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:41 pm

RMOlson wrote:It might be helpful, and a bit less frustrating, if there was a thread that listed when one gets access to post in the different topics. To me, anyway, it seems very random.

There is. It is located in the founding documents section here...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby RMOlson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:39 pm

natman wrote:

There is. It is located in the founding documents section here...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

All that post states is that as you progress you get more access, but it does not tell you where and what your access has expanded to.

Resident: May read all the forum posts, and may ask questions and post in several of the general forums. May view from three to five specified photo albums. May upload a personal avatar approved by the Site Administrator.

Permanent Resident: May post in more of the general forums, and has access to more of the photo albums. May upload photos for a personal album.

Native Resident: Receives access for posting in all the public forums, and may access all the photo albums.

Which general forums? I am not trying to be difficult I would just like to participate in more discussions.
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby natman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:32 pm

RMOlson,

If you look at the descriptions of the forums in the Index, the last line tells you what permissions you need, if any.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 pm

I recall a first-person shooter computer game that has "God mode".
Is there a God mode for this forum?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am

wow! The difference between one little period vs a comma and it screwed up a whole month's worth of e-mail......... Well at least it is not like a tiny mistake like that could have issued a nuclear launch code or something.......... Is It ? :shock: :roll: ............. :lol:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Don't feel too bad, NASA crashed a rocket because of a missing minus sign. It had to do with negative (or lack thereof) feedback in the steering commands. So, instead of correcting the deviation and returning to the desired path, the feedback just added to the problem.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 pm

You can't post on all the fora until you have a high enough post count.
You can't have a high post count because you do not access to all the fora.

Catch 22.

Or you can post on those fora that you can access in order to boost your post count, like this post.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 pm

balaam wrote:You can't post on all the fora until you have a high enough post count.
You can't have a high post count because you do not access to all the fora.

Catch 22.

Or you can post on those fora that you can access in order to boost your post count, like this post.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :like:
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby balaam » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 am

Thanks for the like RNOlson.

(Useful posts, that one gets you nearer the 50 post barrier and this one closer to my 25. Status update coming soon :) )
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Founding Documents