The Human Body As Created, Christian vs Islamic View

Here you can discuss differences in belief between different denominations, or other religions and Christianity. This is an informational forum. Always be courteous and polite, and respect other people's views and values.<P>Permanent Residents may only reply to posts here; Native Residents may initiate & reply to posts here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Human Body As Created, Christian vs Islamic View

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:05 am

I stumbled across this on You-tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs5gO4wBZyE and surprised to see so many opposites in the viewpoint expressed Such as the about the appearance that God gave to the human body and the objective of Satan in influencing humans. It takes a couple of minutes to start getting off the ground but the background is worth taking in for how it sets the stage of what is to follow. How the human body is perceived is the key point right along side What Satan's objective is for the human body. Run time is just over 8 minutes and probably worth the time to watch it, (call it comparative theology :roll: )
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: The Human Body As Created, Christian vs Islamic View

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 am

Thank you. Wow. Muslims have certainly twisted the Biblical narrative.
In summary: Allah created Adam & Eve naked, but clothed them (as a sacred gift) - before the Fall. Satan's goal was to humiliate humans and his way to do this was to get them to lose their clothing. The original sin caused them to lose Allah's clothing. Therefore, clothed is how Allah wants humans to be. Covered is Man's "perfect" state. Uncovering - short skirts, bikinis, etc. is offensive to Allah and an embracing of Satan's agenda for humans to be uncovered & humiliated. Nudity itself is called ugliness by Allah.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:25 am

Not having viewed the material myself, thank you Jasen for your description/analysis. Based upon the behavior and manner of dress of Muslims it seems what you've described is what the Muslims believe.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 am

The Muslim speaker Numan Ali Kahn is an excellent speaker and lays out his Islamic belief system very concisely and clearly. He has a whole slew of videos on you tube covering a whole bunch of topics pertaining to the Muslim belief system and life style. So he appears to be a good source of understanding those topics. Jasenj1 has done a superb job of summarizing Kahn's presentation, Thanks Jasen. In my own contacts with Muslim's (particularly one of my colleagues at the the university), Kahn's presentations appear to be right in the official mainstream of official Islam. Given the outlook of islam on the matter of nudity as expressed by Kahn one can understand the degree of emnity that naturists can expect from from Islam. Their belief about nudity is based on a creation account that is exceedingly opposite the biblical account. This leads me to wonder if Jihadis might decide to target naturist resorts and clubs in the same way that they decided to focus on the homosexual night club in Florida. Indeed the large number of Florida naturist facilities ought to give at least some thought to contingency plans should this come to pass.

I did notice that in Kahn's presentation there was no mention of man being created in the image of God, a point which is central in Christianity and Judaism. I guess if they think that a human is inherently ugly they would not risk associating that with their God Allah. It is amazing that there are so many opposites between God in the Bible and Allah as in Islam that it is no wonder that many have asserted that Allah is in fact Satan posing as God, but then I suppose that Muslims see God as described in the Bible as a similar counterfeit.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:47 pm

I would guess Islam teaches man is NOT created in the image of God since no rendering of God's image is allowed.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 am

Jim,
A very astute observation. Thanks. In fact, in chapter 17 of the Koran (chapter titled The Night Journey), the Koran explicitly states that the Muslim god “has not begotten any child… has no partner in the kingdom, nor has any to protect him from contempt; and magnify him by proclaiming his greatness” (translation by Sale, 1909, et passim). This is reiterated in ch. 112 (titled, The Declaration of God's Unity).

The Koran, ch. 23 (titled The True Believers) does contain several verses about the creation of man but it's nothing like what we read in The Holy Bible. The Muslim god created man in both good and evil states, and not in his (the Muslim god's) image. In ch. 40 (The True Followers), the Koran states, "The creation of heaven and earth is more considerable than the creation of man.” This belief by Muslims opposes the teaching in the Holy Scriptures that man is the highest creation of God.

Finally, in ch. 51 (The Dispersing),the Koran states that god “(has) not created genii (that is, fallen angels) and men for any other end than that they should serve me.”

After studying the Koran, I've learned to appreciate the saying, "Know your enemy." :|

By the way, as for the OP, in ch. 20 (simply titled T. H.), the Koran suggests that god will provide for Adam food, clothing, drink, and protection from the heat. But Adam and Eve ate in the garden “and their nakedness appeared unto them.” In other verses throughout the Koran, nakedness is not tolerated, and covering for the body is either required or expected. Here, god purported to provide clothing for his (the Muslim god's) Adam and Eve pre-Fall. In the Holy Scriptures, there was no shame in nakedness pre-Fall: "And they were both naked, man and his wife, and were not ashamed" (Genesis 2:25). Plus, there were only limited times when nakedness was not tolerated (or not appropriate) after the Fall, as most of us here believe.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 am

This brings up a stupid question.
If the koran (non-cap on purpose) declares all display of skin is sinful, why are only the women covered and not the men?
In the eyes of their god, maybe the women are more 'holy' than the men, because the men are less covered. (Pardon my sarcasm.)

Ron

For some reason the BBCode and Smiles is off this time.
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:This brings up a stupid question.
If the koran (non-cap on purpose) declares all display of skin is sinful, why are only the women covered and not the men?
Actually there is a requirement for men The minimum coverage for Muslim Men is knees to Navel. It appears that Mohammed swiped this standard from the biblical requirement for the Priest's underware coverage.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Christianity and other religions