Time

Members are invited to post their personal poetry and favorite songs, if they have copyright permission. Please start a new thread for each one.<P>Only Permanent and Native Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Time

Postby jjsledge » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:23 pm

TIME

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I behold her every day.
Though she ages her grace never wanes.
She changes, but is still the same.

Eleven years pass as one day.
It's easy to believe she's here to stay.
She'll be here tomorrow because she loves me today,
The love she shows in so many ways.

Jerry Sledge ©2001

ps it's 20 years now
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Jim1000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Jerry,

I especially like this one. I just entered a local writing contest in both poetry and prose divisions. So, I know how much our work means to us and our loved ones. Wish me luck!
Jim
Jim1000
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 am

Hope you do well in your contest. I also hope it is a legitimate contest, not one that tries to sell all the 'winners' a book for an outrageous price that has all the 'winning' poems in it. I didn't buy the book, but I still felt used.

Jerry
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:31 pm

jjsledge wrote:Hope you do well in your contest. I also hope it is a legitimate contest, not one that tries to sell all the 'winners' a book for an outrageous price that has all the 'winning' poems in it. I didn't buy the book, but I still felt used.

Let me guess: poetry.com? :roll: Yeah, they keep trying to get me to buy a membership too--at $65+ for a "basic" membership. Don't they know real poets never make any money? :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:54 pm

I have three books from them, with a poem of mine on the front page of each. They keep sending me e-mails saying that my poem has won or has been chosen.. and for only the cost of $169, you can have... I stopped going for it long ago. Maybe, Greg.
PS- Another goodun, Jerry!
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby dby » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:00 am

Soapbox Preacher wrote:I have three books from them, with a poem of mine on the front page of each. They keep sending me e-mails saying that my poem has won or has been chosen.. and for only the cost of $169, you can have... I stopped going for it long ago. Maybe, Greg.
PS- Another goodun, Jerry!

lulu.com could publish a book of your poems for much less - and it will look just as good sitting on your shelf.....
dby
Native Resident

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 pm

I mean I have one poem each in those three books. The $169 remark was about them reading a poem of mine at the annual convention, along with having the trophy and what-not shipped to my home. Sounded good until that $169 came up!
Maybe, Greg.
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Song and Poetry