Poem 3

Members are invited to post their personal poetry and favorite songs, if they have copyright permission. Please start a new thread for each one.<P>Only Permanent and Native Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Poem 3

Postby jjsledge » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:23 am

MY WIFE

It's not that she can do no wrong
For no one I know is faultless.
She is faithful and true with a heart full of love.
prays for guidance and strength from above.
Much she has learned from where she has been.
Her beauty without comes from within.
Filled with integrity e'en while alone.
She seeks no glory for her own.
A woman of God for all to see,
She's who her mother prayed her to be.

Jerry Sledge ©2001
jjsledge
Native Resident

Poem

Postby Merwin Van Doornik » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Sorry, Jerry, that no one has yet responded to this. I just now discovered it: what a sweet tribute to your wife! I especially like that last line...Wish my sweetheart was still here (she died rather unexpectedly in January of 2000 @ the "tender" age of 62). Keep writing...I'm going to check your other contribution immediately...Mike in MI
Loving Christ above all; loving people & naturism a close second!
Merwin Van Doornik
Native Resident

My wife

Postby jjsledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 am

Mike

My wife will be 57 on Friday and on Saturday she will be in her first 5K nude run/walk. She will be walking and her goal is to finish in under an hour.

I guess I don't really expect people to respond to my poetry as most people don't seem to like poetry in general. I, myself, did not like it when I was in school, but that was because the teachers wanted us to explain it. When I write I write what I am feeling. I don't try to understand it, I just hope it makes sense. Thanks for your response.

Jerry
jjsledge
Native Resident

Poems

Postby Merwin Van Doornik » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:13 am

You are welcome, Jerry. I was an English major so have read a lot of poetry...but so much of it is so far out...one needs to be an encyclopedia of literature to understand all the images and symbolic references, etc...The purpose of using a poem is to say something with a bit more emotion and color than can be said by a simple prose statement...And yours do that for me. Again, thanks! Keep writing; keep looking UP; and keep the clothes in the closet as much as possible! Mike in MI
Loving Christ above all; loving people & naturism a close second!
Merwin Van Doornik
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Song and Poetry