Books and such.

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Books and such.

Postby arom » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:32 pm

To whom it may concern,

Can anyone direct me to some good literature (books preferred) on naturism, Christian naturism, and the benefits of raising naturist children. My wife is coming around in her understanding of naturism. I signed her up as a member here (mrs.arom), but so far she does not want to read the website. I would like to get her some solid material she can read to guide her acceptance of this Godly lifestyle.

Thanks and God Bless.
arom
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:34 pm

A recent book by Catholic, Jim Cunningham, "Nudity & Christianity" is available here...
http://www.jimccunningham.com/newbook.htm

Another one is "NATURISM AND CHRISTIANITY: ARE THEY COMPATIBLE?" by Grove Books (Church of England)
http://www.christianbits.co.uk/product. ... 185174438X
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby MatthewNeal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:06 am

Do you already have children? If so, what gender and ages?

I have given a tremendous amount of thought and prayer to that issue. I would be glad to share what I have concluded.

Another resource that had a profound impact on me while trying to think it through was the http://rejectshame.com website. The author, David Blood, has written some compelling material on the topic of raising children as naturists.

However, by way of disclaimer, Evidently Mr. Blood no longer holds to orthodox Christianity, judging by his promotion of another "church" theology on one of his other websites (I attempted to contact Mr. Blood directly asking him if this were true, but I never received a response).

Take care.

Matt

MatthewNeal
Councillor

Thanks

Postby arom » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks - this will get me started.

Do you already have children? If so, what gender and ages?

Yes, my son is five and my twin girls are three. Our home is pretty much "clothing optional." However, while my wife agrees causal nudity is a positive thing for our children, she does not want to go completely naked herself.

God Bless
arom
Native Resident

Re: Thanks

Postby MatthewNeal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 am

arom wrote:However, while my wife agrees causal nudity is a positive thing for our children, she does not want to go completely naked herself.

As you know, often for women it's more an emotional thing than a logical thing, but my (gentle!) challenge to her would be regarding what her reticence to be naked herself will teach the children in the long run. In my thinking, it affirms some things that the two of you really don't want to say:

1. There really IS something naughty about nudity when a woman reaches a certain age.
2. Boys really DO automatically respond sexually to the sight of a nude woman, so it really IS the girl's responsibility to prevent a boy's lust, not his.
3. Daddy really is kinda weird for wanting to go nude... mature/reasonable/sensible adults don't go naked.

If she really does NOT want to say those things to her growing children, then she will need to overcome her lack of desire to go naked and do it anyway... not for YOUR sake, but for the kids' sake!

Matt.
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Re: Books and such.

Postby Webmaster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:40 pm

arom wrote:To whom it may concern,

Can anyone direct me to some good literature (books preferred) on naturism, Christian naturism, and the benefits of raising naturist children. My wife is coming around in her understanding of naturism. I signed her up as a member here (mrs.arom), but so far she does not want to read the website. I would like to get her some solid material she can read to guide her acceptance of this Godly lifestyle.

Thanks and God Bless.

If you look on the Index page, in the menus on the left, toward the bottom is a section titled "Online Resources." In that section is a book titled "Nakedness and the Bible" by Rev. Paul Bowman. I've read it and it's a wonderful book filled with a great deal of information. It covers the biblical vs. nudity issues, going over the verses that are often used for arguing against nudity.

It doesn't cover raising children as nudists, but it clears up the misunderstandings most people have. I highly recommend it.

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby fatpizzaman » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi arom,

Here are some more books you could check out:

1) Epiphany of the Body - Michael Thompson
2) The Naked Child, Growing Up Without Shame - Dennis Craig Smith & Dr. William Sparks
3) Children of the Sun - Gordon Kennedy
fatpizzaman

Postby jimmy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Arom,

I completely agree with our Webmaster.

I am reading "Nakedness and the Bible" by Rev. Paul Bowman now. It is a book that is well written with highly accurate information. "It covers the biblical vs. nudity issues, going over the verses that are often used for arguing against nudity. It doesn't cover raising children as nudists, but it clears up the misunderstandings most people have. I highly recommend it." (quotes by our Webmaster)

I always start with the Bible when doing research on any subject. Knowing what God says and expects is always a good starting point. The fear (awesome respect) of God is the beginning of wisdom.

God bless,

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby xxemozislovexx » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:27 pm

wow thanks guys ive been looking for some myself
XXeMoXX
xxemozislovexx
Permanent Resident

Return to What is nudism / naturism?