Little brothers

Teens may ask their questions here, and may give advice.
Adults may only give advice on the questions asked by the teens. No Adult Rabbit Trails allowed.
Adults: Keep your advice brief and to the point. Teens don't like lectures, you know!<P>Offending posts will be removed by the Councillor.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Hymie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:57 pm

JDawg wrote:Today we are all off of school. It was closed due to snow and ice. Normally I only post before or after school. Emily can post from her cellpone, and sometimes does that from school. Danni is currently doing a cyberschool program. So she's home most days, and can post anytime..

Thanks for cluing me in.

JDaug wrote:I'll let you in on a little secret. I've taken to this website nicely. Everyone here seems to be really nice, and willing to help. I was a little afriad I would run into a bunch of sickos that were just like a big sex group. I'm glad thats not what I found. But when it comes to the "real life" part of my nudity I'm not nearly as open. I think the internet helps me open up. Although with everyone's help I think I'll be able to work through that.

Weirdos maybe but not sickos.

The internet is a great learning tool and way to "open up" anonymously. And, just as we are all at different places on our faith journey, so we are on our "real life" nudity journey. I am nearly 60 years old and only found the nerve to be nude at other places than the shower in just the past few years. I will be nude alone in a wooded area any chance I can get now. However, I have yet to experience social nudity. It seems you may get ahead of me on this journey.

Consequently, I will be of little help to you on the rest of your "nudity journey". However, I have been on the faith journey since I was 9 years old. I can help you there. And that is the important journey.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:37 pm

JDawg wrote:I was a little afriad I would run into a bunch of sickos that were just like a big sex group.

JDawg, in reality, we ARE all a bunch of "sickos", but fortunately, we are not a big sex group. (I prefer my sex "small", thank you very much). :lol:

Actually, we sort of pride ourselves on the fact that we are a bit different than the rest of the world. We tend to think outside the box and a bit more deeply. At the same time, we tend to be alot more conservative than most other "naturist" and even "Christian" sites. That is the part that appeals to me in particular.

JDawg wrote:But when it comes to the "real life" part of my nudity I'm not nearly as open. I think the internet helps me open up.

That is definitely one of the benefits of the internet... annonymity. You can reveal as much or as little as you want. Sometimes that allows us to be more open and honest about ourselves than if we are speaking to someone face to face. Unfortunately, it also provides an opportunity for people to be totally dishonest about themselves, to lurk and stalk.

As a moderator and (Junior) Administrator here, we try to be very mindful of those that would try to lure our members to do or reveal something they should not, to make this "Village" a safe place for our "citizens".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:00 pm

I am in several Christian Web sites (most of them non-nudist), and I've found that Christians who are comfortable with being nude (even with other people) are much more open, friendly, loving, kind, and non-judgmental than those who consider nudity outside the bedroom or bathroom to be sinful. There was one exception, but that was because they were based in England. When I mentioned that I live in a nudist resort, most of them were very supportive of that choice. There were very few negative replies, and that was a Christian but NOT a nudist Web site.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

Most of the NON-nudist Christian sites I have been on are mixed, about 30% in support of simple nudity.

My biggest problem with most non-nudist Christian sites is that there appear to be more people that are there to denegrate Christianity such that almost every thread ends up in a discussion about homosexuality, abortion on demand and how the Bible supports evil moralities such as slavery, rape and killing for insignificant infractions. :( :x
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby eGriffen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:21 am

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the situation with Danni, Joey and I. First, Danni and I talked the other night, and decided that we wanted to talk to Joey about being nude together, and the non-sexual aspects of it. So last night the three of us had a long talk. A lot of different subjects came up, and there were some uncomfortable/embarrassing moments, but we got through them. But we eventually made our way through it.

Now for the really big news, we've decided to try a clothing optional weekend. My parents will be out of town from this afternoon, until late Sunday evening. So Danni will be coming over after school, and spending the weekend. We've all decided that we can all be clothed or nude as we feel comfortable. We are going to start with just hanging out playing board games in the living room. Then as we start becoming more comfortable we'll move on from there. Who knows, maybe by the end of hte weekend everything will work out. We'll keep you updated as we can this weekend.
Emily
eGriffen
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 am

Sounds like fun, Emily! :D I suspect that, as "hostess," you'll have to set the "dress code" for the weekend. But in my experience, it usually only takes one person breaking the "clothes rule" for the others to "follow suit." 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 am

eGriffen wrote:We'll keep you updated as we can this weekend.

Good or bad, that would be very much appreciated.

I have to tell you, I am VERY impressed with your openess and ability to communicate with your brother and visa versa. That tells me that you have a great relationship, which is not always the case among siblings until they are much older and on their own. I applaud you both and pray for your continued sucesses in all your relationships.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:21 pm

jochanaan wrote:Sounds like fun, Emily! :D I suspect that, as "hostess," you'll have to set the "dress code" for the weekend. But in my experience, it usually only takes one person breaking the "clothes rule" for the others to "follow suit." 8)

I agree. Danni and Joey will more than likely follow your example. If you stay dressed, they more than likely will also. As you shed your clothes, they might feel more comfortable in doing the same--hopefully. We will be looking forward to reading about how it goes. Like others here, I am amazed at how well you and Joey seem to get along (I fought like cats and dogs with my brothers but got along well with my sister who was MUCH older than me), and that you're even willing to be open with one another about nudity. In a non-nudist family that is most unusual.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re:

Postby eGriffen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:43 am

Jon-Marc wrote: (I fought like cats and dogs with my brothers but got along well with my sister who was MUCH older than me),

Trust me we do fight a lot, I guess we just don't post that here. :)

Ok, here is an update on our weekend so far. Friday Joey and I got home from school and talked about the weekend, and he said he was still up for it. Danni showed up around 4:30, we called the local pizza shop and had a pizza delivered. After it got there we closed the blinds(in case we have any nosy neighbors), and the clothing optional weekend began. The three of us went up stairs to get into more comfortable clothing, with the agreement to meet in the living room. Danni and i stripped down completely, and were downstairs, and while we waited for Joey to come down we set up the Monopoly game(You know i never knew how long that game could get). Anyway, when Joey came down I was a little dissapointed, he was still dressed. He had on a pair of lounge pants that he likes to wear, and an old t-shirt. But Danni and I had agreed we wouldnt push him.

We played Monopoly and ate pizza and watched TV for a while. It was probably about 8:30 or 9:00 that night when Joey went out to the kitchen to get a drink, and came back in wearing just his boxers, so I figured he was getting more comfortable around us. We kept playing monopoly, until we went to bed. I can't believe we played the same game until almost midnight, and we still weren't finished with it.

When we went up to go to bed, Joey went into the bathroom to get ready for bed, and Danni and I went to my bedroom. When Joey came over to my room to tell us he was done in the bathroom he was now totally nude. He sat and talked to me some while Danni went over to the bathroom. I'll let him post any part of that conversation if he wants to. But when Danni came back, and I wnet to teh bathroom, he decided he was tired, and headed to bed. I think he wasn't comfortable being alone with her nude. Danni and I sat up several hours chatting about it, but since that's "girl talk" we'll keep that to ourselves. :P

Yesterday when we got up none of us got dressed. Joey actually came downstairs totally nude, and so did Danni and I. We just hung out around the house playing games, and watching tv, and talking. We did get dressed to go out for lunch, and then later for dinner. But other then that we were home nude. There were some little things that happened, but I'll let Joey tell you that if he wants to.

I actually do have to go get dressed though this morning. Dani talked Joey and I both to go with her to church. So we will be off to there in a little bit.
Emily
eGriffen
Native Resident

Re: Little brothers

Postby jochanaan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 am

Well, I'd say that counts as a "first experience" for all of you! Congratulations! And well done. :D 8) :biggrin:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Webmaster » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:06 pm

I agree, jochanaan!

To all three of you, it was a wonderful and fantastic start! You handled it well, even with some uncomfortable situations, it sounds like you dealt with them very well.
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby minister72 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Congratulations to all of you. It sounds like you allowed each person to work your way into everything at a pace you comfortable with. I think it sounds like a success and you will be surprised how much easier it will be next time. By the third time you will wonder why it was ever a problem to begin with.

grace and peace,
minister72
Grace and Peace,
Minister72

1 Cor 1:18 - A Professor once said when hearing or discovering a new truth in scripture, before fully considering it, I look for the paradox. I have found naturism to be a great paradox and fully biblical.
minister72
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm glad it went so well. I can understand Joey having to work into the nude part of it gradually, but I'm glad he finally did get up the courage to do it. I'm looking forward to reading his side of how it went--whatever he's comfortable telling us.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Glad to hear about your nude weekend. Hope you continue to enjoy simple social and solo nudity for the rest of your lives.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Danni.Elkson » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 am

Hey everyone,

Ok, since Emily posted everything up until Sunday morning, I thought I would give my feelings, tell you a little about Sunday. Like Emily said we started our weekend Friday evening. I was a little disappointed when Joey came down still dressed, but we agreed to let everyone get comfortable at their own rate. I did feel a little self conscious though, and I know I caught myself covering up a few times. As the night went on I did get more comfortable, and so did Joey(at least I assume he did since he started undressing). I was impressed when he came into Emily's bedroom totally nude, but he didn't hang around long.

On Saturday, again I found myself covering up from time to time, and then would realize I was doing it, and would move. There were some times on Saturday when I didn't know where to look. There were a few times when a problem popped up, if you get my meaning, and I didn't want to look, but found myself looking more then I wanted. But we got through everything that day.

Sunday we got up got ready for church, and went. Of course we had to be dressed through church. Then we went for lunch, got Chinese and went back to Emily's house. Once we got in the door, Emily didn't even bother going upstairs to undress. She just stripped down in the living room. As long as I've known her, she has always been a little more out going then me. Joey and I went upstairs to get undressed, and both came back down nude. We spent the afternoon playing Wii games nude. We waited until it was about the time for their parents to come home, and we went upstairs and got redressed. It was a really run weekend. :)
Danni

Share your faith one Gospel at a time - The Pocket Testament League can help: http://www.pocketpower.org/code/referrer.php/240608/9
Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Questions / Adult Advice