Little brothers

Teens may ask their questions here, and may give advice.
Adults may only give advice on the questions asked by the teens. No Adult Rabbit Trails allowed.
Adults: Keep your advice brief and to the point. Teens don't like lectures, you know!<P>Offending posts will be removed by the Councillor.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Little brothers

Postby stillseeking » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:24 am

natman wrote:And I thought it was, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it rude, crude, loud and provacative." :biggrin:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

By the way, my best friend from elementary school.....when she was maybe about 14 or 15, someone made the innocent remark about how much she ate....and it triggered her plunge in to anorexia/bulimia....

So be careful about making the comment that your sister is "fat", jdawg.... ;)
~Wendy~
stillseeking
Native Resident

Postby Danni.Elkson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

natman wrote:
Larryk1052 wrote:So, "children," I hope you have learned this important lesson again, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." :)

And I thought it was, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it rude, crude, loud and provacative." :biggrin:

I like natman's quote better. :P

Hymie wrote:
natman wrote:
Larryk1052 wrote:So, "children," I hope you have learned this important lesson again, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." :)

And I thought it was, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it rude, crude, loud and provacative." :biggrin:

You know we are being funny here but, seriously, quit often we miss out on good experiences by being apprehensive about the situation to the point of misinterpreting someones casual action or comment as negative when it was not meant that way. Funny illustration:

A boy at a dance is very shy, apprehensive, and self-conscious because he has a wooden eye. He feels no girl will want to dance with him because of it. Then he spots a girl sitting alone who has a scar on her lip from an apparent harelip repair. He thinks to himself,"If anyone will dance with me, she will" so he walks over to her and asks her if she would like to dance.

She has been feeling the same way he was and is overjoyed to be asked to dance. She replies," Would I!" to which he responds,"harelip!".

i've never heard that one before.
Danni

Share your faith one Gospel at a time - The Pocket Testament League can help: http://www.pocketpower.org/code/referrer.php/240608/9
Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

Postby JDawg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

stillseeking wrote:
natman wrote:And I thought it was, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it rude, crude, loud and provacative." :biggrin:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

By the way, my best friend from elementary school.....when she was maybe about 14 or 15, someone made the innocent remark about how much she ate....and it triggered her plunge in to anorexia/bulimia....

So be careful about making the comment that your sister is "fat", jdawg.... ;)

I don't think she would do that.... for one she hates throwing up. :P
JDawg
Permanent Resident

Postby Danni.Elkson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:41 am

I never gave my comments much thought at the time, but if they did bother Joey I guess I shouldn't have said them. But he is like a little brother to me, and brothers and sisters are supposed to fight. :P
Danni

Share your faith one Gospel at a time - The Pocket Testament League can help: http://www.pocketpower.org/code/referrer.php/240608/9
Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 am

Danni.Elkson wrote:I never gave my comments much thought at the time, but if they did bother Joey I guess I shouldn't have said them. But he is like a little brother to me, and brothers and sisters are supposed to fight. :P

"Not too sure about the "supposed to" part of that. :?

Romans 12:18
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Hebrews 12:14
"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 am

Danni.Elkson wrote:I never gave my comments much thought at the time, but if they did bother Joey I guess I shouldn't have said them. But he is like a little brother to me, and brothers and sisters are supposed to fight. :P

I know I used to argue and tease my brother and sister, and they did the same with me. I can see where, for you and Joey, it seemed normal to tease him, and for him to tease you and Em. But with this being a new experience for all three of you, it might have been better to avoid the teasing part until you were all comfortable enough for regular teasing.

So next time instead of teasing each other, try encouraging each other. It might help a lot more than you realize. Remember, blessing given are blessings received.

I will give all three of you credit for taking the first step to a nudist life style. :)
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby Danni.Elkson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Webmaster wrote:

I know I used to argue and tease my brother and sister, and they did the same with me. I can see where, for you and Joey, it seemed normal to tease him, and for him to tease you and Em. But with this being a new experience for all three of you, it might have been better to avoid the teasing part until you were all comfortable enough for regular teasing.

So next time instead of teasing each other, try encouraging each other. It might help a lot more than you realize. Remember, blessing given are blessings received.

I will give all three of you credit for taking the first step to a nudist life style. :)

If we do it again I'll try to remember that... Wait, not if, but when right? :P
Danni

Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Danni.Elkson wrote:If we do it again I'll try to remember that... Wait, not if, but when right? :P

Well, AMEN there little sister (He said in his best John Wayne impersonation).
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Teasing is not necessarily a bad thing at all--as long as the one being teased knows it's all in good fun. I think only Danni, Em ("Auntie Em"? :lol: ) and Joey can determine if any real harm was done, but it sounds doubtful. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Danni.Elkson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:54 am

jochanaan wrote:Teasing is not necessarily a bad thing at all--as long as the one being teased knows it's all in good fun. I think only Danni, Em ("Auntie Em"? :lol: ) and Joey can determine if any real harm was done, but it sounds doubtful. 8)

I never thought of that reference before... I hope if Joey ever has any kids he doesn't name one of them Dorothy. :lol:

And i think it was all in good fun... It may have bothered me a little at first, but now I just find all hte teasing and joking we did funny.
Danni

Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

Postby eGriffen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 am

jochanaan wrote:... ("Auntie Em"? :lol: ) ...

NOOO Not the wizard of OZ. :D
Emily
eGriffen
Native Resident

Postby dby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 am

eGriffen wrote:NOOO Not the wizard of OZ. :D

Or in my case, "The Wizard of Odds". :roll:
dby
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 am

dby wrote:
eGriffen wrote:NOOO Not the wizard of OZ. :D

Or in my case, "The Wizard of Odds". :roll:

Just don't get caught in a Las Vegas snowstorm--that would be "The BLIZZARD of Odds." :mrgreen:
:caution:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby JDawg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm

jochanaan wrote:Teasing is not necessarily a bad thing at all--as long as the one being teased knows it's all in good fun. I think only Danni, Em ("Auntie Em"? :lol: ) and Joey can determine if any real harm was done, but it sounds doubtful. 8)

You just gave me a new idea. :P

Just to let everyone know I will be talking to my dad this weekend about going nude.
JDawg
Permanent Resident

Postby Danni.Elkson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:19 pm

JDawg wrote:

You just gave me a new idea. :P

Just to let everyone know I will be talking to my dad this weekend about going nude.

Good luck with that Joey.
Danni

Danni.Elkson
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Questions / Adult Advice