making fudge

Got any favorite recipes you'd like to share?

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

making fudge

Postby Jonah » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 am

:cross: May I ask a question? If anyone knows an answer, and/or can help in any way, please feel free to comment. When my wife makes fudge, it won't set. Period. It's like eating runny frosting. She follows the recipe letter-perfect. My son has made fudge twice. It set up perfectly, both times, just as if he were a pro who had years of experience. I haven't tried. I can make a lot of things. I'm not the best cook but I can do okay. I'll admit that I'm not anxious to try fudge. Any suggestions?
J
Jeremiah 32:27
Jonah
Permanent Resident

Re: making fudge

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 am

I don't really have any answers since I don't make fudge. I did, however, find that if you google "Fudge Won't Harden" (without the quotes) there are a whole lot of links to try.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby salmongetter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Fudge, I hate it when that happens. Oh well just drink it and think of it a runny fudge. I'll bet it still tastes good.
Gene
salmongetter
Native Resident

Postby beaker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Really ALL you can do when THAT happens is say :argh: and "Oh FUDGE"
beaker
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Are you using a cooking thermometer? As I recall, that would happen if we didn't get the fudge up to but not past the prescribed temperature for enough time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Recipes