Saunas and Our Christian Belief

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Saunas and Our Christian Belief

Postby nude together » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 am

Interesting and some great advice.......

Saunas and Our Christian Belief...

http://www.hazelden.org.uk/l3_sauna_belief.htm
The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Re: Saunas and Our Christian Belief

Postby jochanaan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Very nice! I was pleased to find that in almost every particular, Mr. and Mrs. Hazelden agreed with what we have discovered about naturism and Christianity.

The one exception was this:
But most people look much better with their clothes on.
I tend to think that people look more beautiful in the nude than in any clothing. But of course, beauty also is not at all the same thing as sexual temptation or attraction. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

I am often thinking that I look better nude than clothed. Yes, clothing hides (in some cases emphasizes) a multitude of flaws that nudity reveals, but I am much more comfortable nude as long as I'm not cold. Today is comfortable sunny (for once) (could be a little warmer), but at least clothes so far aren't needed.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm

People are more comfortable with seeing clothes on people and may even find people more attractive because of conditioning. We mostly only see people with clothes and we have certain expectations of appearance because of it.

My wife recently told me that the idea of seeing people she knew or even didn't know nude in any kind of a social setting would gross her out. She is so conditioned to think nude is wrong and that clothing serves to cover the bodies flaws due to sin, that she just wouldn't be comfortable around people unless they, she and Me are clothed.

You have to adjust your thinking based on truth before you can see and appreciate nudity.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 am

Larryk1052 wrote:...My wife recently told me that the idea of seeing people she knew or even didn't know nude in any kind of a social setting would gross her out. She is so conditioned to think nude is wrong and that clothing serves to cover the bodies flaws due to sin, that she just wouldn't be comfortable around people unless they, she and Me are clothed...

Interesting that this is just coming out. You've been around these forums--how long, now? :?:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nude together » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 am

jochanaan wrote:Very nice! I was pleased to find that in almost every particular, Mr. and Mrs. Hazelden agreed with what we have discovered about naturism and Christianity.

I tend to think that people look more beautiful in the nude than in any clothing. But of course, beauty also is not at all the same thing as sexual temptation or attraction. 8)

Same observation here..."very nice!" It was some very open and good advice as well as a healthy point of view that they wrote of. They spoke in a manner that was refreshingly mature and as seasoned relaxed Christians. I thought it would be enjoyed. :)
The human body was made by God, it is a thing of nude beauty!

nude together
Native Resident

Postby sanua_chap » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:54 am

jochanaan wrote:Very nice! I was pleased to find that in almost every particular, Mr. and Mrs. Hazelden agreed with what we have discovered about naturism and Christianity.

You are absolutely right. Thanks for pointing this out. I have now altered that passage. It now reads: "most people think they look much better with their clothes on."

While I was re-reading the page, I have also made a few other changes, and added a whole new section on 'Causing Offence'

http://hazelden.org.uk/l3_sauna_belief. ... ng_Offence

It is basically a copy of a post I made to another forum, hence the slightly different tone to the rest of the page.

Please have a read and let me know any thoughts or feedback. Many thanks.
sanua_chap
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 pm

sanua_chap wrote:You are absolutely right. Thanks for pointing this out. I have now altered that passage. It now reads: "most people think they look much better with their clothes on."

Yeah, that's much more accurate--and a sad reflection on today's attitudes towards our bodies.:cry:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:32 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Larryk1052 wrote:...My wife recently told me that the idea of seeing people she knew or even didn't know nude in any kind of a social setting would gross her out. She is so conditioned to think nude is wrong and that clothing serves to cover the bodies flaws due to sin, that she just wouldn't be comfortable around people unless they, she and Me are clothed...

Interesting that this is just coming out. You've been around these forums--how long, now? :?:

Just came across this topic, I didn't see this post when you put it up. In response, my wife since I told her about nudism has expressed her negative feelings and beliefs in a variety of ways. At the time I posted this she expressed that seeing others nude in a social setting would gross her out. It's not that she hadn't expressed this thought before, this time she made it a strong point. That's what prompted me to share this.

My wife struggles with my nudism. Sometimes she is tolerant other times she can be very irrational. The above comment was made during one of her more irrational moments.
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Larryk1052 wrote:
jochanaan wrote:

Just came across this topic, I didn't see this post when you put it up.

No problem. :)
Larryk1052 wrote: In response, my wife since I told her about nudism has expressed her negative feelings and beliefs in a variety of ways. At the time I posted this she expressed that seeing others nude in a social setting would gross her out. It's not that she hadn't expressed this thought before, this time she made it a strong point. That's what prompted me to share this...

It sounds as if her difficulties are more emotional than logical. As I've observed before, women (and most men too) tend to find it hard to go beyond the deep conditioning we've all been forced to suffer about this. In the face of the most convincing exegesis and logic and eyewitness testimony, we retreat to a childish "It just feels wrong!" or, "It's gross!" or worse yet, "People are ugly!" Yes, I've actually seen that last in pixels in almost exactly those words! It seems to be the last "argument" of those who will not see the truth about human nudity. :roll:

But your wife is a special case for you, because she's your lady and your mate. It must be very hard for you to know the truth that will set her free and hear her scorn every time you talk about it. And since she very wisely made it an "I" statement--"It would gross ME out"--it's impossible to argue with her. Yet I wonder if she might be weakening--and fighting what she sees as "weakness," resulting in such angry exchanges...

:pray: Father God, bless and comfort Larry's wife. Help her to see that Larry's interest is neither a passing thing nor at all against Your Word, and that he still loves her with all his heart; and if it's possible, Father, draw her to accept to the truths we, including many of our women, have found. In Jesus' name; Amen. :pray:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:30 am

Larry,

What if you and your wife could meet other nudists at a clothed event?
She could see that we are people just like her with families, jobs, have churches we serve in.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Larry,

What if you and your wife could meet other nudists at a clothed event?
She could see that we are people just like her with families, jobs, have churches we serve in.

This might help, but I don't know any Christian nudist in my area.
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby nytro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Larryk1052 wrote:...My wife recently told me that the idea of seeing people she knew or even didn't know nude in any kind of a social setting would gross her out...

Larry, my wife is the same way. She will join me nude in areas and times where it is almost guaranteed that there will be no one else anywhere near us, but throw in a chance of being seen OR seeing someone else nude, and she won't join me.

I have come to the point where I just live with that, and count the times that she joins me as blessed times with my wife! I've told her this summer that I enjoy hiking in a "unofficial nudist area" in western NY state with her. I get to this area as often as I can, and on weekdays my wife will join me, sometimes nude, sometimes topless, sometimes clothed, but I'm always nude. We have a good time when she is there with me, but she won't go on the weekends, just because the chances are higher that we will run into someone else.

She will also join me nude on our pool deck from time to time (when I have the privacy screen up - sometimes the wind will be too strong to allow the screen to stay up).
Rob
<n><
nytro
Native Resident

Return to What is nudism / naturism?