The Compassion in Jesus' Miracles

Members are invited to offer their thoughts on a portion of scripture or offer a meditation on some aspect of God and God's work in the world. Short sermons are also invited. Remember, this is a worship center; please keep your thoughts worshipful, and start a new thread for each new item.<P>Only Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Compassion in Jesus' Miracles

Postby peacebwu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 am

I never knew the Jesus is so compassionate toward others. But when you read about the miracles Jesus performed, it appears the miracles were performed out of His compassion for other people. For example, looking at Jesus and the miracles recorded in the bible, were either to show compassion toward someone for some reason, or to free a person from the Evil power, or to make an announcement of the presence of God's Kingdom. The only reason I knew this of recent is because I am attending a work shop on Jesus and the miracles He performed, and still performs. In the book of Matthew, chapter 14, is one reference when Jesus multiplied loaves of bread and fish to feed five thousand men and additional women and children. In reading the scripture, it is clear that Jesus felt compassion for the crowd of followers, because they were getting hungry. And when his disciples wanted Jesus to do something about it He told them, "You feed them. " Then He gave thanks to God, and the miracle was performed. So it is evident here that Jesus was moved to perform on at least two compassionate issues here. The first is that He was compassionate for the hungry, and the second, His compassion for the disciples who were unsure of what to do with the hungry people, plus the lesson in faith for those who believe and trust in God.

peacebwu
peacebwu
Resident

Re: The Compassion in Jesus' Miracles

Postby natman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 am

Peacebwu,

Jesus' miracle were indeed ALL about "compassion", either for the person(s) directly in front of Him at the time or for mankind in general over the entire eschatom.

PS: I moved this to it's own strip because it did not appear to have anything to do with the conversation where it was.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Worship in Devotional Thoughts