Request for Guidance and Assistance

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Request for Guidance and Assistance

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:49 pm

A short history of my clothing-free lifestyle: Two years ago my wife of 36 years passed away and left me alone and in severe mourning for a year. Half way through that first year I took a vacation that included five distant nude resorts and then two more nearer to home. It was something my wife and I talked about but never got around to, much to my regret. I became a member of the resort near my home and enjoyed it thoroughly.

At the end of the first year of widower hood, I was tired of being lonely and invited a friend to dinner. That started a courtship that resulted in our marriage two months ago. During our courtship we discussed all the normal topics and two others that are noteworthy for this request.

The first topic was sleeping habits, that I slept nude and had been doing so since 1972. I told her about the feeling of not getting tangled in pajamas and luxuriating in the full-length skin contact with my (first) wife and how I made a special effort to always have some kind of skin contact when drifting off to sleep. I suggested she start trying it and she later conceded that it did feel pretty good, but worried about what to do if there was a fire or something, and so on and so on. I conceded that fires do happen on occasion, that fire crews were prepared for it, and asked her how many people she knew who had ever had to flee a fire at all, let alone having done so naked. She did not know anyone in that situation. After we were married she took to sleeping naked with great pleasure and practically races me to see who can get naked for bed first and jump in the soonest. The only thing keeping her from spending more naked time with me at home is winter; we keep the house pretty cold to save money. Snuggling in a warm waterbed makes her act like a 20 year old with her first boyfriend instead of a 60 year old with her third husband. She has also developed an appreciation for fine lingerie and the effects it has on both of us. So, being naked at home with me is not a problem at all.

The second topic was my nude resort membership. She was aware of it from some comment I made long before our courtship actually started and it bothered her. She did not want me looking at other naked women and did not other women looking at me while naked. As time went on it became an issue of continuing discussion and discomfort for her until I told her that I would resign my membership to set her mind at ease. I did and she felt much better. Subsequently, she occasionally brings up the topic with a question or a comment along the lines of embarrassment, fear, or “I could never do that.” She has also expressed a strong desire for me to not see or be seen by any other naked women. Still, I have detected a slight easing of the fear factor and a softening of the absolutely-no-way attitude.

My request for help is this:
We are both strongly religious and regularly attend both Presbyterian, Baptist and Lutheran services; my present church, her late husband’s affiliation, and her childhood church. I have avoided trying to challenge her belief that the Bible prohibits social nudity or calls it a sin. I thought the best way to present social nudity in a more positive way is to have a number of scripture passages that present or promote it ready to quote. I could also use a little help on defusing the passages that appear to prohibit it. I am an engineer and not a Biblical scholar. What are the best scripture verses to have ready?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Re: Request for Guidance and Assistance

Postby natman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:00 pm

These questions come up frequently, so I have created some references materials in a new forum called "Nudity and the Bible".

There you will find...

Key Biblical Assertions
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3991

Biblical Facts about Nudity/Nakedness
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3992

Scriptures that support Naturism
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3993

What then are we instructed to clothe ourselves in?
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3994

Scripture commonly used to refute Naturism
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3995
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby TheBartman47 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 am

Here's another excellent source for Biblical study and naturism...
http://thebiblicalnaturist.blogspot.com/
TheBartman47
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I wonder if her objections are as much based on "feelings" and early conditioning as on quasi-Scriptural beliefs. It seems to me that eventually you're going to have to confront her fears that you may have "lusted in your heart" or may be doing so. Yet it should be easy enough to reassure her that you love her and would never think for a moment about betraying her...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

We had that "lust" discussion and she seems to understand the difference between naked and lust and sex. Two days ago we went to my club's Christmas party (a clothed event) so she could meet the people and see the facilities. Nothing scared her away and she has an open invitation to the next "Women's Night." We will see how it goes in six months.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Family issues