How do I Explain This to my Wife ......

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How do I Explain This to my Wife ......

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 am

This post is going to be somewhere between a "Lament" and a "Question", but I will try to be hopeful and think of it as a question, because questions sometimes have answers.

A little background is required to make sense of this, some of which may be redundant to those of you familiar with my other posts, but bear with me (no pun intended).
-- As I have commented multiple times before my wife is a reluctant but tolerant spouse.
-- I now have something like 3/4 of a mile of wooded trails on our back 10 acres and about half that much on the front 10 acres.
-- My wife has observed that when I go for a nude walk I return in a good frame of mind (often a markedly improved state of mind).
-- During sudden warm thaws, I have even walked nude in the snow.
-- I often take our dog along on these walks and the dog is eager to go.
-- My wife is eager for me to walk the dog, as kindness and care for animals is one of her strong traits.

In weather too cold for nude walking I still need to get out just to avoid "cabin fever" but I have little interest in walking those trails in textile mode. My wife is often urging me to walk the dog on the trails and does not grasp why I am not interested when I cannot do so nude. It just does not do the same for me that enjoying that venue nude does. My wife is also a bit disappointed when I decline to take the dog along because I want the time for meditation and prayer. She does accept my explanation as to why I am not taking the dog along but I doubt that she really grasps why I find such spiritual value in taking the time of being nude in nature and regard it as a superior venue for meditation and prayer.

If she could shed her severe sense of body shame and try naturism, I think she would understand. But, I have little expectation of that happening at the present time. I suppose that the spiritual aspects of naturism are something that one encounters only if one embraces naturism. One might have an academic grasp that such aspects are claimed by practitioners of naturism, but really understanding those aspects appears to require embracing naturism to some degree.

So I suppose that my title to this post is pretty much a rhetorical question, nevertheless if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: How do I Explain This to my Wife ......

Postby natman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm

I think you have already answered your own question.

I think that telling her that you need some spiritual time alone is the best answer. Although it is probably fun and comforting to have "man's best friend" along with you at time, at other time, when you want to be alone with the Lord, even your dog can be a distraction.

Of course, the same may not be true if your wife were to join you. My wife and I enjoy our naked Bible study times together so much that I doubt that I would enjoy total solitude any more, feeling that I am missing something very important. We take our marriage VERY seriously, so we treasure every moment we can be together, understanding that we are "one flesh". However, this is not the case with most marriages... unfortunately.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Larryk1052 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

I am in a similar situation. My wife is a reluctant but tolerant most of the time. She knows I enjoy my nude time in the evening and out in my woods. I have had talks with her and she just doesn't seem to get past just being tolerant. I keep hoping and looking for opportunities to convince her. It will take the Lord to open her eyes. All I can do is practice nudism in a godly manner and hope she will realize its benefits. In the mean time I just enjoy what I have. Today I got to work out in the house naked hanging drywall. It was great!
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Try this and if it works let us all know. http://clothesfree.com/todayscartoon.html
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Much of my outdoor walking is done in a T-shirt or a sweatshirt when it isn't warm enough for full nudity. I agree that walking isn't anywhere as enjoyable when dressed, but I wear as little as possible or don't walk at all. However, if I have to wear pants, I have no interest in walking. There is something about the lower body being bare that makes walking much more enjoyable. It's not sexual for me (never has been), but freeing certain parts of the body that for textiles is "forbidden territory" makes all the difference in the enjoyment of anything you do that isn't hazardous to the body.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Make a trade with her. X number of clothed walks with the dog = one naked hike with her. Depending on her level of reluctance maybe the first time she would be clothed, you naked. Then she could be topless, and so on. Make the coupons worth 10 to 1, or whatever you can negotiate, and you will begin to look forward to walking the dog when it is too cold to go naked.
Gerald
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:04 am

prairieboy wrote:Make a trade with her. X number of clothed walks with the dog = one naked hike with her. ....
In which case she would take option #0. The dog would get walked when and if she walked it. Poor doggie, always on the short end of the stick (except she gets to go everywhere wearing no textiles, hmmmmmm lucky dog!).
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 am

Bare_Truth wrote:Poor doggie, always on the short end of the stick (except she gets to go everywhere wearing no textiles, hmmmmmm lucky dog!).

Although, (unless it is one of the hairless breeds), how would you like to have a coat of hair over your entire body, except your nose, ALL THE TIME? I prefer the feel of fresh air, sunlight and water directly on my skin, at least sometimes, and the ability to cover up when it is too cold or too hot.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 am

natman wrote:....., how would you like to have a coat of hair over your entire body, except your nose, ALL THE TIME?
Well, i could audition for the roll of Wookie in the next Star Wars Film

I think shedding every spring would suck, but maybe my wife and I could curry each other, that might be fun. But I don't think flea powdering would be much fun, that stuff is itchy. I would need a whole different metabolism and a long tongue to be able to cool off by panting.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:I would need a whole different metabolism and a long tongue to be able to cool off by panting.

Or perhaps over-sized ears. :D

Maybe Prince Charles is already adapted for this. :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Family issues