When You Think Your Kid's Aren't Listening

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

When You Think Your Kid's Aren't Listening

Postby natman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 am

We have been telling and showing our kids about the benefits of simple, practical nudity for quite some time, and while they are not put off by the fact that we are often nude in and around the house, they each got to that point where they are rarely nude themselves.

Like many topics, I kind of figured that everything we have tried to teach them has gone in one ear and out the other. However, I was very pleasantly surprised the other day when I went out in the back yard and found our daughter sunbathing nude.

There IS hope.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: When You Think Your Kid's Aren't Listening

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am

It does not do to underestimate either the force of resistance to parental input - as my resistrance to urginhgs from the Father - or the power of sound advice engaging maturing understanding.

I remember vividly my father telling me, around 4th grade, it is best when washing dishes to do THUS, while I insisted internally and externally that I knew better. Then at about 30, watching somebody else washing up, I caught myself saying - verbatim - it is best when washing dishes to do THUS.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 am

Natman, it is amazing how much wiser we become as our children grow up. Perhaps your daughter will soon return to the simple pleasures of going clothes free at every opportunity.

By the way what was your daughter's reaction to you seeing her nude, if she was aware you were there? Her reaction could tell you alot. Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 am

JimShedd112 wrote:By the way what was your daughter's reaction to you seeing her nude, if she was aware you were there? Her reaction could tell you alot. Jim

I didn't say anything to her, but unless she was asleep, she would have heard me as I brought the dog out and instructed the dog in a loud and firm voice to "Go POTTY". Either way, she completely ignored me.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Family issues