Leading Worship at a Nudist Resort

Members are invited to post their personal poetry and favorite songs, if they have copyright permission. Please start a new thread for each one.<P>Only Permanent and Native Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Leading Worship at a Nudist Resort

Postby NakedMan57 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Just wanted to see what the Villagers think about leading worship, in the nude, at a nudist resort.
My wife and I have been asked to do this. Yes, we are social nudists and belong to this resort. However, she seems to be a little uncomfortable with leading worship, nude. I guess my ultimate goal of this post is to see your responses so that I can show her that it IS ok to do this. :?
NakedMan57
Native Resident

Re: Leading Worship at a Nudist Resort

Postby Larryk1052 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I attended a nude worship service at Avalon Nudist Resort during a Christian Nudist Convocation. It was like any other service I'd been in except everyone was nude, including the preacher. I didn't have any concerns that God was unhappy because I was worshipping Him in the nude.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 am

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no problem. Go for it.
Lying in the middle of the lawn, eyes closed, bare to the world, no shame, tout here for everyone to see. This is really an emotional way to humble myself before God and ask for forgiveness. Sure beats bent over in a pew.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby ezduzit » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 am

I see nothing wrong or sinful about it. Perhaps just another obstacle in nudity that must be overcome?

Gen.2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

I believe both Adam & Eve enjoyed fellowship with God before the fall , and both were naked.
Ez
ezduzit

Postby natman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:31 am

I think that it would be a FANTASTIC opportunity to be able to lead worship nude in a nudist resort.

First, you will be worshiping the Lord in your "Sunday Best", literally.

Second, you will be bringing the Word of God to an area that it is probably rarely carried and to ears that need that Word as much as any others.

If the Holy Spirit leads you to do this, PLEASE share your experience with us.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jjsledge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:39 am

If she has ever sung worship songs in the shower or while getting dressed, she has already worshiped nude.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby trumpetbuff » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 am

If I were there, I would offer to play a worship song on my trumpet while nude.

Steve

Praise Him with trumpet sound...Psalm 150:3
trumpetbuff
Native Resident

Postby SJJim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 am

As God made us in His image. Why not? Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden before the fall nude. And knowing Pastors that have and continue to lead worship in nude resorts I agree that it is OK. So when leading worship in a resort, just add a prayer for my wife and I. Thank you:cross:
SJJim
Native Resident

Postby epionly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 am

You have an amazing opportunity to present the gospel there. Folks in other resorts are really NOT encouraged to hold Church services in them, from what I have read. Your example must have been enough of a testimony to others there, that they would even think to ask this type of service from you and your wife!!
epionly
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm

At the 2007 CNC-Midwest, I helped to lead music for several church services. Both I and the congregation were naked. It was very beautiful and Spirit-filled. I've also played for home Bible studies and worship services. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Roy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I have led worship and preached while naked at meetings of the Christian Naturist Fellowship. As we were all the same, it seemed the natural thing to do. To wear clothes in such a setting might make the other feel uncomfortable. However, I would not argue for such a practice in a non-naturist setting. I find that it is all too easy to hide behind official clerical clothes in normal worship, and rather refreshing and ho0nest to do without them.
Jesus first
Roy
Native Resident

Postby Johannes_1965 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm

When I stayed some time in a nudist village last July, nude worship was the one thing I missed there. Of course I prayed for myself but there was nothing arranged in common. A CNC must be a great experience I'd like to attend if it would ever happen close enough. It's the first time I hear of this as an existing reality, not just an idea.
When nude prayer is good alone, it will be even better together with other Christians and a nude worship leader. God is present wherever we seek and praise him, clad or nude, in a room or on the beach, private or in a congregation.
Johannes
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit..."
(John 15,5)
Johannes_1965
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Song and Poetry