The Destination or the Vehicle ???

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Destination or the Vehicle ???

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

Without implying anything about the intent/mindset of the author I would like to quote a phrase from the strip on nude posing (for art students) The phrase just sparked a thought/question in my mind.
I've always thought it would be fun to get paid for doing something you like to do anyways

The question, as I might phrase it, is "Is nudity ever the objective or is it always merely the preferred state of being while seeking some other objective ?".

The concept of this question, is to me at the root of why I prefer to use the term "naturism" because I see my preference of being clothes free as simply a way to be while living and doing things. I suppose the same could be said of the term "nudism" but that word is too close to the term nudity and, at least in my mind, it shifts the emphasis.

As I reflected on this, it occurred to me that being nude might be an objective for some, but since my mind does not frame it this way, I thought I would ask others for their reflections on the matter.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: The Destination or the Vehicle ???

Postby ezduzit » Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Without implying anything about the intent/mindset of the author I would like to quote a phrase from the strip on nude posing (for art students) The phrase just sparked a thought/question in my mind.
I've always thought it would be fun to get paid for doing something you like to do anyways

The question, as I might phrase it, is "Is nudity ever the objective or is it always merely the preferred state of being while seeking some other objective ?".

The concept of this question, is to me at the root of why I prefer to use the term "naturism" because I see my preference of being clothes free as simply a way to be while living and doing things. I suppose the same could be said of the term "nudism" but that word is too close to the term nudity and, at least in my mind, it shifts the emphasis.

As I reflected on this, it occurred to me that being nude might be an objective for some, but since my mind does not frame it this way, I thought I would ask others for their reflections on the matter.

The " objective" for me is nude and my " preferred state of being"
Ez
ezduzit

Postby jochanaan » Fri May 31, 2013 6:05 pm

It's both an objective and a vehicle for me. It feels good in itself, and if practiced in company, it evokes mutual understanding, empathy and fun. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby pipermac » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 am

My problem with being a nudist is NOT being naked, because being naked is my preferred state of being. My problem is having to put clothes on, even to just go outside. Yesterday I had a urology appointment, so I had to have clothes on from about 1215 til I got home a 1715. I had no problem dropping my shorts to be examined by my urologist, even though yesterday was the first time I met her. She was polite, kind and professional. When it came time for the exam, since I am always commando, all I had to do was undo my shorts and let them drop to the floor.

I hate to think what my electric bill would be if I was a textile, because it is definitely summer here in Florida. I would have to run the AC non-stop, and the electric bill would be ugly. I also have noticed that my laundry load has gotten much smaller, which saves on costs to wash and dry my clothes. I don't have a washer and dryer in my place, so I have to go to the laundry-room. Being a nudist definitely has it advantages.

Naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:49 pm

It is difficult if not impossibleto determine a single or even a primary objective.

If I have a meal is it because:

a. I am hungry
b. I need a break from work
c. The food is ready and should not be wasted
d. It is my habit
e. I want a relaxed socialization with Herself
f. It smells good
g, h, i j .....

A: all of the above
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 am

I do not know if I like to be nude as much as I hate clothing. I hate ANYTHING on my body except my wedding ring. From a worldly standpoint, clothing is physically oppressive, socially grading and degrading and ecologically devastating when one takes into account the resources that are required to grow, process, market, care for and store all of the clothing people own. From a Christian standpoint, I view clothing as an attempt by Satan to cover up and hide the "Image and likeness of God" in us. Combined, I see being nude and naked ("naked" as in "open and vulnerable, tender to the presence of God and others", not merely or even necessarily nude) as a way of simply "being". That is, "being with nothing man-made or Satan-inspired added", the way that God made us, intended us to be, and the way we will likely be in the New Heaven and the New Earth, covered only in the "Righteousness of Christ".

Bare_Truth wrote:The concept of this question, is to me at the root of why I prefer to use the term "naturism" because I see my preference of being clothes free as simply a way to be while living and doing things. I suppose the same could be said of the term "nudism" but that word is too close to the term nudity and, at least in my mind, it shifts the emphasis.

I agree wholeheartedly. I much prefer "naturism" to "nude", "nudist" or "nudism" because my focus is not merely on being "nude", but on being as "natural" as possible or practical. That is, "natural", as in the way that God made us and intended us to be before the Fall and makes us and intends us to be even today.

To answer the question, for me, being "nude" is not the objective. Being the way God intended and intends us to be, spiritually, emotionally and and physically is the objective.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:39 pm

On the objective question:

a couple periods of my life [when I was not sharing a bed] I would not infrequently wake in the morning to find the pajamas donned the night before had been thrashed off, often both uppers and lowers, and in both cool weather and warm.

Clearly my unconscious self wanted to be free of encumbrances.

Does that count as objective or accompaniment? How would one determie the answer?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 am

Petros wrote:On the objective question: ......the pajamas donned the night before had been thrashed off, ...Does that count as objective or accompaniment?
It would appear that the objective was to get a comfortable night's sleep. So I would say the nudity was the vehicle and the comfortable sleep was the destination.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby timmyj1524 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 pm

For me, nudity is not the objective. It is the result of my desire to actively worship God. I prefer to be active in my worship, so being nude seemed to be quite an exercise and required me to stretch. Being nude requires me humble myself, step out in faith, and trust Him for the results. As a result, being clothes free is becoming the preferred state!

Tim
timmyj1524
Permanent Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm

My desire to be nude has nothing whatsoever to do with being seen or seeing others nude; it simply has to do with wanting to be free from restrictive clothing that serves NO useful purpose when the weather is too warm for clothing. Even when I have to wear clothes, I wear as little as possible. The maximum clothing I wear most of the year is a T-shirt, lightweight shorts and sandals on the rare occasions I leave the resort. Otherwise, I'm nude if the weather is warm enough. Even then I wear mostly just a T-shirt, sweatshirt, or both at home and socks if it gets cold enough.

My definition of naturism is one's desire to be nude while enjoying nature. I couldn't care less about being out in nature and only get out for a 3-mile walk when I feel like walking. I prefer to be inside, and I prefer to be nude. I don't care if I'm alone or with others, but I prefer to be alone and enjoy the company of others on a limited basis.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to What is nudism / naturism?