Naked & Unashamed

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Naked & Unashamed

Postby jimmy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 pm

When I say "naked and unashamed" I mean exactly that. I am not ashamed to be seen or see others completely naked. There is nothing sexual about it. It is God's original state for human kind. The Bible is very clear that nakedness is not immoral nor a sin.

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 pm

I have left behind the societal conditioning that associates nudity with shame or eroticism.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:04 am

I would say shame has never been a factor for me. Never was that could absorbing societal conditioning. I think it may be for Herself.

For me, adrenaline comes from about

1 part people stress [that would not apply in the case of Hersel, Number 1 Son, nor really the Muralto family but would with anyone else]

1 part discovery phobia [if I am alone making a sandwich in my own kitchen and one walks in and sees me it will disturb me]

3 parts consequence anxiety [and that would not apply if Herself were away for a week and one of youse stopped by and found me as I am].
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:42 am

I too am not ashamed to be seen naked by others, nor to ashamed to se others naked. In fact, I enjoy the freedom and if others are not ashamed of being seen nude then I know we are of kindred spirit and can enjoy the experience together.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:47 pm

I am not ashamed of my nakedness and have been seen naked by lots of people including non-nudist. However, I wouldn't feel comfortable being naked in a cultural setting where nakedness was not appropriate. In that setting I would probably feel the cultural shame or maybe embarrassment would be a better word because the textiles would do there best to make me feel that way.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Before getting involved in social nudity, I didn't want anyone to see me nude. Now I don't care who sees me nude. If they don't like it, they don't have to look. Of course, living in a nudist resort makes being nude 24/7 very real for me. So now I live "naked and unashamed." However, I prefer the word "nude".
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:56 pm

I think it may have been discussed before, but why exactly? The two are actually the same very old [basic vocabulary, tells you something that it has not been replaced by euphemisms as much as some items] word, one straight down the Germanic path through Old Anglic, the other coming in as a learned word, perhaps euphemism, out of Latin.

Of course, like quarter / fourth and other such pairs it comes with some semantic differentiation, but I am not sure how you would view the difference. And where would "bare" come in?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:48 am

I've read explanations by some naturist Christians naked means bearing oneself, totally, before God, clothed or not, while nude defines a state of being undressed.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:22 pm

When I say that I am "Naked and Unashamed", I mean that I am "nude" and not ashamed of the body that God created for me in "His Own Image".

It does not mean that I do not feel shame. I do feel shame for the sinful things I have done and will do. I often feel shame for not taking better care of this body, which is now the Temple for the Holy Spirit. But I do not feel shame for the body itself.

Also, "naked" carries multiple meanings. You can be naked, as in "nude", without clothing (This is the "naked" that Adam and Eve experienced before the Fall). You can be naked, as in unprotected, exposed to danger (This is the "naked" that Adam and Eve experienced AFTER the Fall). You can be naked, as in open and sensitive. This is the type of naked I feel that we are when we turn our lives over to Christ as Lord and Savior. We become sensitive to our sin, to the needs of others and to the desires of Christ. We are naked in that our sensitivity prompts us to be open and honest with God and with others, confessing our sins quickly.

So I am "Naked (nude), Naked (sensitive and open), Unashamed (of God's creation in me) and Ashamed (of my sins and failures).
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Not to fail to notice Jesus stripped on the cross [regardless of centuries of loinclothed crucifixes]. Full circle.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Petros wrote:Not to fail to notice Jesus stripped on the cross [regardless of centuries of loinclothed crucifixes]. Full circle.
Many Christians, even scholars, seem not to realize just how casual Our Lord and Savior was about garments. He would have been nude during His baptism (by unvarying Jewish tradition); there were many who "cast aside their clothes" during the Triumphal Entry without hearing His rebuke; and He "laid aside His garments" during the Last Supper. (John 13:4) Nor did He rebuke Peter for his nakedness in John 21. In fact, by today's standards, He would be, if not a naturist, certainly careless in a "most unChristian way"! :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to What is nudism / naturism?