Death and Marriage in Christianity and Society at Large

What does Christ teach about the issues of life? Make sure you back up your opinions with scripture, and always be courteous and polite in talking with others.<P>Only Permanent and Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Death and Marriage in Christianity and Society at Large

Postby natman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Chastity, birth control for younger girls may be viable alternatives, then again birth control is not foolproof, ...

You can say that again.

My son recently called and said that his wife is pregnant. She was also on birth control pills. However, she appears to be one of the 5% for which "the pill" fails to prevent pregnancy.

The same thing happened between me and my first wife while she was on the pill, and then earlier while using condoms. Two failures. Two (unplanned) pregnancies.

The ONLY "safe" sex is either no sex or sex within marriage... PERIOD!!!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Death and Marriage in Christianity and Society at Large

Postby Petros » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:09 am

If I may offer a friendly amendment - "within a stable godly marriage". In marriage 1 - which was neither though both were as the world counts it committed [and should have been? Sorry, could not resist, by no means THAT bad] - pregnancy would NOT have been safe fopr any concerned.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Christianity and Ethics