POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How would your church react to your naturism?

They already know and it is no problem.
7%
They don’t know but it should be no problem.
2%
It could be a problem with a few people.
19%
My service to them might be limited in some ways.
5%
Disapproval would be strong and I expect my participation would be limited but I would not expect to be disfellowshipped.
26%
I expect I would be disfellowshipped.
12%
I have no idea what the likely result might be
29%

Total votes : 42

POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Postby natman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:13 pm

In the case of your current church or congregation, how do you think they would react to finding out that you were a practicing naturist ?

(These poll responses are confidential and can be changed later on if your situation changes.)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Postby Larryk1052 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

So far no one knows that I am a nudist. I don't think it would go well for me if it became known. Of course this is an assumption on my part.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 pm

The pastor knows, I asked him to be a reference on my local club's membership application. I also asked the pastor at my previous church. Neither expressed anything other than best wishes.

Part two: The both know of my 30 year history, family life, death of wife, family, and everything else about me.

Part three: I have not broadcast my lifestyle to the whole world, just selective people, and have only received a few reactions that were not positive.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 pm

The people at the church where I'm going don't seem to have a problem with it, or at least no one has said so to my face. It's a very small church and everyone there knows I live in a nudist resort. Besides, the pastor delivers propane to the resort.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby JWD » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I have no idea what will happen but eventually it will be known. I have told an older member of my church (a personal friend that knows me) he is a deacon. His reaction was like a total surprise, his words back to me was not harsh, far from that. It was a good conversation, put it that way. Anyway, if there is anybody else in my church who likes to have some clothes-free time, are pretty much keeping thier mouth shut. I haven't heard a peep out of anybody ever suggesting anything close to, good wholesome nudity. People are tight lipped around here, and I'm afraid it will be for a long time.Jim
Nudist- One who suffers from clothestrophobia.
(Left-Handed Dictionary)
JWD
Native Resident

Postby KalosSoma » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am

Jon-Marc wrote:Besides, the pastor delivers propane to the resort.

"Propane and propane accessories," like Hank Hill? :-)

In our tiny church, it would depend on who found out. Most of those in leadership, including the pastor, would be supportive, I think; up until recently, I've been part of that circle and consider most of them personal friends regardless of church connections. And I think they would "protect" me if necessary.

Many of the older/more conservative people, though, would likely have a problem with it, but I don't know if they would go to the trouble to "make" it a problem, or spread it in the community. That would be the danger, in my situation; I have a rather high-profile job in a small community, and if my naturism got outside the church walls it could destroy me (sadly).
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 am

Ah, yes. In our present unchurched isolation it is not an issue, but as I am working in scripture translation - I have found it expedient generally to tone down some of my let us say eccentric doctrinal positions. Like I say, Universal Heretic - I have at least one view offensive to just about any denominational statement of faith I have seen. Once i was assigned the task of drafting a faith document for our then church. I put it together carefully for maximal uinclusivity, then was warned by the guy who is now pastor of that group that one clause would trouble some people.

I THINK there may be two people in our organization who would not be perturbed if my attitude toward the body sans concealment got out - but I am by instinct and training tightlipped, and am not about to test the hypothesis.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am

Petros wrote:I THINK there may be two people in our organization who would not be perturbed if my attitude toward the body sans concealment got out - but I am by instinct and training tightlipped, and am not about to test the hypothesis.

Perhaps you are MULTI-gifted with the gifts of being able to speak and interpret several tongues (languages) as well as wisdom and self-control.

My wife and I are a little less gifted in that regard. We (she even more than I), tend to jump at the opportunity to discuss nudity, praticularly from a Biblical perspective. Surprisingly, we have never been chastized for it, neither by family, friends, neighbors, our Sunday School class, nor church leadership.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby montanaman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:14 pm

I attend a fairly large church in a small town. Mostly conservative. I have been an elder there and preached, or taught, on many occasions over the years. I have also been a worship leader. As a traveling "evangelist" I have done some healing and prophetic services there, as well. So, I suppose I would be asked to leave and shunned by most of the folks there if they were aware of my preference for clothes-free living. So, I just keep it to myself. And my dear wife, out love and respect for me, would never mention it to anyone.
montanaman
Native Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:09 pm

While the church I'd been currently attending has no issue with bare feet, they seem to puff up with strong disapproval whenever any of the members drive by and catch me shirtless (which is every time they pass by and I happen to be in the yard or on the porch). Given the disapproving looks and reactions they have toward me simply having my chest bare, I can imagine their reaction if they were to learn I'm a nudist ... they would be apoplectic to say the least.
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 pm

I attend, and am in the process of joining, a conservative Presbyterian (PCA) church. I have an AANR decal on the rear window of my vehicle, and it has been there for the last several months. Whether it has been noticed and noted is unknown, but nothing has been said to me about it. I also have an AANR bumper sticker on my broom-closet door, which faces anyone entering my home. Both of our pastors have been in my home.

There is some Gnosticism in the church though. I have been attending a fellowship group where we discuss the sermon each week, and right now, we are in the middle of a sermon series on 1st John. Several weeks ago, we were discussing 1 John 1:1-4, where the Apostle John refuted the Gnostic heresy that Jesus only "appeared" to be human. As we were discussing those verses, the topic of God's image in us came up, and I mentioned that our bodies are also made in God's image. The group leader recoiled in horror... Needless to say, I dropped that issue immediately, because I had already gotten all the intel I needed...that some level of Gnosticism is still alive and well among at least some of those in the church.

If someone were to ask me about it, I would state honestly that "Yes, I am a naturist/nudist.", and if they had a problem with it, I would ask them to tell me where in the Bible God condemns simple nudity. Just thinking or believing it is "wrong" doesn't cut the mustard, becaue even our own confession of faith states that "God alone is Lord of the conscience and has left it free from the doctrines and commandments of men..." (The Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 20, 2nd paragraph)

I am not going to "advertise" it, but I am not afraid of being "outed", because I have the Biblical ammunition necessary to defend myself. God alone is my judge.

I am naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve :cross:
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:26 am

Interesting - I can totally understand an interesting discussion / debate on the body as an element of the Image - there are a lot of factors, and the qustion id far from simpleminded. bUT " recoiled in horror" ?!!? Some sort of nerve being touched there that I would not have anticipated.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:11 am

Petros wrote:Interesting - I can totally understand an interesting discussion / debate on the body as an element of the Image - there are a lot of factors, and the qustion id far from simpleminded. bUT " recoiled in horror" ?!!? Some sort of nerve being touched there that I would not have anticipated.

Actually his reaction was one of those "Why and I NOT surprised?" kind of things. I was a product of the same kind of upbringing and theological environment that he is, so I understand where they are coming from even better than they do. Yes, I expected a negative reaction, because I would have reacted the same way before I came in contact with Matthew Neal's and other's writings.

I actually tossed my comment in the hat specifically to get and gauge their reactions, not because I was expecting an open and honest discussion. At 58, I am the youngest member of the group, and at least 20 years younger than the majority of the members. They, like my mom, are very set in their ways, and changing their minds is not likely to happen, even if they are presented the truth of Scripture.

It will be quite interesting to see what kind of reactions I get when my testimony is made public, because there are things in my testimony that most people would recoil in horror to, but my testimony is real...it is where I have been and what I have done...and what I have been saved from. I debated "sanitizing" it, but after talking with our senior pastor, who knows way more about me than is revealed in my testimony, and him encouraging me to not "sanitize" it, I didn't. My testimony is a story of God's grace and love, in spite of my faults and failings.

I am still naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve :cross:

pipermac5.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/the-shame-of-nakedness/

pipermac5.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/reformed-and-reforming/
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Not that I care, but sometimes I think, "Am I that rare that entire churches would be against my (or anyones) joy of naturism?" It baffles me why some are closed minded...satan has done his work :(
In the church we used to attend, just as I assume many others, the word of such things would spread like wildfire along with rumors...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 pm

pipermac wrote:I attend, and am in the process of joining, a conservative Presbyterian (PCA) church. I have an AANR decal on the rear window of my vehicle, and it has been there for the last several months. Whether it has been noticed and noted is unknown, but nothing has been said to me about it. I also have an AANR bumper sticker on my broom-closet door, which faces anyone entering my home. Both of our pastors have been in my home.

They probably do not know what the initials "AANR" stand for if you only have the decal that has the letters, or may not have read the fine print on the one that has "American Association of Nude Recreation" written on it... or, perhaps they actually saw it and either are not in any opposition to it or are afraid to bring it up to you lest you confirm their suspicions.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Next

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports