Preemptive strike

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Preemptive strike

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:20 am

Referencing to the web about yourself can be dangerous.
My cousin was in a car accident and had to get a lawyer. One of the first things he said was to get out of all social networking. He was to become as invisible as possible on the web. Other lawyers, insurance companies and ... can make you look like an entirely different person then you are.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:49 am

MoNatureMan wrote:Referencing to the web about yourself can be dangerous.
..... lawyer. One of the first things he said was to get out of all social networking. He was to become as invisible as possible on the web. Other lawyers, insurance companies and ... can make you look like an entirely different person then you are......
Which is all the more reason to use a screen name and not your real name. It is a shame that there are low life scum in that profession who would twist such things. Our legal system is classified as an ":Adversary system of justice" in which each side hires a lawyer to go after the other party. The following excerpts from Strong's concordance should shed some light on that sort of "system of justice"

[*StrongsHebrew*]
7853 satan saw-tan' a primitive root; to attack, (figuratively) accuse:--(be an) adversary, resist.

7854 satan saw-tawn' from 7853; an opponent; especially (with the article prefixed) Satan, the arch-enemy of good:--adversary, Satan, withstand. see HEBREW for 07853

Sadly, your point is well taken about the risk of using a website as a reference. Lawyers are very good at twisting words, The issue that was posed was about how one might establish in the mind of a judge that one was legitimately an accepted member of the naturist community. And with the points I mentioned about a biased judge one must also be careful.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:31 am

Naturist family life is simpler for a couple with natural-born children, but so many of us have foster children, adopted children, grandchildren, weekend custody arrangements, children blended in from previous marriages...Not so simple for them with the legal scrutiny.
And yes, justice is not blind, but merely wearing a blindfold and surreptitiously peeking into his book of prejudices from time to time as he half listens to your plea.

But if you are wise, you'll have a good attorney who knows what naturism is, can speak articulately about it and can demonstrate that you are a civic-minded card-carrying AANR member, TNS member in a family-friendly naturist club that includes local police, business owners, lawyers, judges, doctors, ministers of the gospel, house wives, etc..

Naturism is a legally-protected faith, badly misunderstood in some quarters, but there is legal precedent to protect it.

For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner. Acts 26:26
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Petros wrote:...doping my thing...
I usually don't comment on obviously accidental misspellings, but that particular typo evoked a mental image...!?! :shock: :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Family issues