Tears in Heaven or tears at the Judgment Seat of Christ ?

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Tears in Heaven or tears at the Judgment Seat of Christ ?

Postby ezduzit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 am

2 Cor.5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
1 Cor.3:11 ¶ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

We had a discussion at church Wednesday nite concerning tears in heaven particularly at the judgment seat. I know we will not be judged for our sins but according to our works after salvation in order to receive crowns / rewards.
It is not until Rev.21 after a new heaven and new earth are created that tears are wiped away................ if that is the case we will be shedding tears for 1007 years !
Thoughts on tears in heaven?
Ez
ezduzit

Re: Tears in Heaven or tears at the Judgment Seat of Christ

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 pm

We don't know exactly what things will be like in the "new heaven and new earth," but I suspect we will still experience all the emotions we experience now. Tears and laughter and anger and fear seem essential aspects of our beings, just as intellect and will.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:48 pm

There be tears and tears. The Agony in the Garden and "Jesus wept" - likely those tears given the full sight and the realization of plan and fulfilment will cease.

Tears of joy - such as might have been appropriate at the return of the prodigal, though it is not so recorded - might have a place, but we have no data on the physiology of the ultimate body and whether tear analogues might manifest.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby ezduzit » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:08 am

After further study and research on the subject............ I have come to the conclusion that there will NOT be tears at the Judgment Seat Of Christ.
The passage in Rev. 21: 4 is after the Millennium vs 1-3........... if death, sorrow, crying, and pain "are passed away " at that time , those that state tears will continue til this takes place are in effect saying death, sorrow, crying and pain will be present in heaven for some 1000 plus years while Christ rules and reigns bodily from Jerusalem.
Ez
ezduzit

Postby natman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 am

ezduzit wrote:After further study and research on the subject............ I have come to the conclusion that there will NOT be tears at the Judgment Seat Of Christ.
The passage in Rev. 21: 4 is after the Millennium vs 1-3........... if death, sorrow, crying, and pain "are passed away " at that time , those that state tears will continue til this takes place are in effect saying death, sorrow, crying and pain will be present in heaven for some 1000 plus years while Christ rules and reigns bodily from Jerusalem.
Ez

I tend to disagree. However, I do not think that the "Judgement Seat of Christ" will be in what we would refer to as "Heaven", but rather at a location and time BEFORE we enter Heaven (or Hell).

The tears will be from those who know they could have chosen to live in Christ but who continually rejected His gracious gift of salvation. During the Judgement, I suspect that there may be tears from those who know family members or friends who will not also proceed into eternal Heaven.

However, after The Judgement, either our knowledge of lost family members will be removed, or our understanding of God's grace will be enhanced to the point that we will no longer weep as we enjoy His presence forever and ever.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am

Obviously a lot hinges on whether you assume the judgement [by using the singular I am already a heretic and / or ignoramus to many including mainline Dispensationalists] to be in time or out of time.

If in time, then much will depend on which constructed timeline you buy into.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby ezduzit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 am

it is my belief that two judgments will take place..........One at The Judgment seat of Christ for Christians to determine rewards or the lack of rewards and the second at the great White Throne , a judgment of the lost .
Ez
ezduzit

Postby vycna » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't think there will be tears among the redeemed after this life. There are promises we are given, and there will also be no more suffering where we are going. We will have the right perspective, in righteousness, and will see it God's way for who will be there and who will not, so we don't have to sorrow. All who miss this bear the responsibility for that themselves. We will see things we should have done, but it should be with satisfaction with our placement with this involving the rewards that are judged appropriate for us. And we won't sin anymore, and will know what we should and not be a part of suffering or causing it anymore.
vycna
Native Resident

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity