What do you say, dear?

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What do you say, dear?

Postby Petros » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 am

Hard to know where to throw this, tempted to treat it under theology - but let's gop here.

As has been said adequately, Herself has serious nudity hangups, which make my underground tendency toward that state more subtle and subterranean.

This evening at mealtime she outs with a line I have to share with this crowd. The discussion having touched on Edenic nudity, Herself says - One of the thinks I most like about God is he is so definitely into clothing. Fancy costumes for the angelic hosts, robes for the redeemed - God just approves of and advocates clothing.

I did not argue, nor much respond. A bit flabbergasted, and I pick my battles - if she ever wins through to body comfort it will be God's work, not mine. Anybody else, and I would work on that "God loves clothes" assumption.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: What do you say, dear?

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 am

She obviously overlooks the fact Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden and the clothing most often featured in paintings were by the masters of the later centuries, far beyond the time of Christ on earth and the simple sack cloth or less which would have been worn by all but the royalty of the day.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:16 am

... And she missed the part where John describes what the "white robes" REALLY are in Revelation 19:8 "(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)", or what Jesus said about clothing in Matthew 6:28-30, "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?"
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:18 am

The remark came out of my pointing out in a recent reading the intriguing doctrine hat "naked and unashamed" should not be taken to imply that they could see their bodies, since - till the fall - they had this coverall of light < righteousness. Which of course makes the all too usual hash of the claim to literal interpretation.

Her sense of God's love for clothing is deeply rooted in her agenda, which is not a - you should pardon it - puritanism so much as a deepseated reaction against the body.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Hmmm...Sometimes God clothes the mountains He has made with forests or grass or other vegetation, but sometimes He leaves them naked. Some animals He clothed with hair or feathers, but some He left naked; the elephant and dolphin are good examples of "naked" animals. And broadleaved trees are sometimes clothed with leaves but sometimes naked. From these examples, it seems that He loves His creation, clothed or naked. 8)

"The sea that bares her bosom to the moon..." (William Wordsworth)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Petros wrote:The remark came out of my pointing out in a recent reading the intriguing doctrine hat "naked and unashamed" should not be taken to imply that they could see their bodies, since - till the fall - they had this coverall of light < righteousness. Which of course makes the all too usual hash of the claim to literal interpretation.

There is no mention of Adam and Eve being covered in the "light" of righteousness in Scripture, so I am not sure where any interpretation, literal or not would come to such a conclusion.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:25 am

I think someone posted some pics or vids assuming the shining mist covering.

As to where it comes from - I been around with town and the U long enough to know that if someone has a cracked idea or thinks he can sell a theory he will find the evidence he wants. Adam and Eve clothed in fuzzy light is nothing.

I am reminded - from the Reader's Digest many years back. The story goes, in Kentucky or such there was a gentleman who was both a heavy hitting Bible quoting Christian AND a savvy horse trader [one of my ancestors had quite the reputation as a horse trader]. One day a customer was sent away with a much lightened purse and a broken down nag.

Our friend's wife, having watched the process, says to him, "HOW can you do that and call yourself a Christian? How can you justify that from scripture?"

He tells his better half, "Why, he was a stranger - and I took him in."

Humans love to wrest scripture nigh as much as the fiend.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 am

natman wrote:
Petros wrote:The remark came out of my pointing out in a recent reading the intriguing doctrine hat "naked and unashamed" should not be taken to imply that they could see their bodies, since - till the fall - they had this coverall of light < righteousness. Which of course makes the all too usual hash of the claim to literal interpretation.

There is no mention of Adam and Eve being covered in the "light" of righteousness in Scripture, so I am not sure where any interpretation, literal or not would come to such a conclusion.
From folks I've talked to, it seems to come from the Talmud, Mishnah and Kabbalah...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Family issues