POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Do you have any interesting stories involving naturism, such as first time experiences, etc? Have you been to a nudist, or C/O resort recently? Share your trip reports, and personal experiences with us here, so we all can be blessed.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How would your church react to your naturism?

They already know and it is no problem.
7%
They don’t know but it should be no problem.
2%
It could be a problem with a few people.
19%
My service to them might be limited in some ways.
5%
Disapproval would be strong and I expect my participation would be limited but I would not expect to be disfellowshipped.
26%
I expect I would be disfellowshipped.
12%
I have no idea what the likely result might be
29%

Total votes : 42

Re: POLL - How would your current church react to your naturism?

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:41 pm

natman wrote:
pipermac wrote:I attend, and am in the process of joining, a conservative Presbyterian (PCA) church. I have an AANR decal on the rear window of my vehicle, and it has been there for the last several months. Whether it has been noticed and noted is unknown, but nothing has been said to me about it. I also have an AANR bumper sticker on my broom-closet door, which faces anyone entering my home. Both of our pastors have been in my home.

They probably do not know what the initials "AANR" stand for if you only have the decal that has the letters, or may not have read the fine print on the one that has "American Association of Nude Recreation" written on it... or, perhaps they actually saw it and either are not in any opposition to it or are afraid to bring it up to you lest you confirm their suspicions.

AANR = http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2568.html
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 am

They MIGHT think it is the militant wing of the NRA and prefer not to rile you.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Being that I am an associate in a medium size multi-staff very conservation Bible believing (but not Bible thumping!) church, I really don't know what to expect. I keep my private life private, but I do enjoy retreating to local naturist sites for spiritual R&R, as well as hanging out nude at home (as some of you might know, I'm reading through the Bible again but this time in the natural).

On the other hand, a number of my male friends (including my pastor) know that I skinny dip whenever I can, as does my wife (she knows but doesn't dip). Plus, even one young man I mentor just mentioned to me the other day that he would be okay with being naked outdoors but with no one else around (we were discussing an episode of a reality show that features nakedness, you can probably guess which one). In fact, he brought up the subject. He knows me well enough that he was comfortable talking about it, and we did. He's fine with being around other guys but would not be comfortable around the ladies (yet), and he's a very fine Christian, straight young man.

So, that leaves me being simply satisfied with the way things are now, and if a guy from the Men's Ministry I lead wants to talk about it, or anything privately, I'm glad to do so, and often do. And I am prepared to discuss it Biblically with them.

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss this among believing brothers (and sisters).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 pm

naturaldon wrote:...On the other hand, a number of my male friends (including my pastor) know that I skinny dip whenever I can, as does my wife (she knows but doesn't dip). Plus, even one young man I mentor just mentioned to me the other day that he would be okay with being naked outdoors but with no one else around...

Evangelist Billy Graham and the late President Lyndon Johnson went skinny dipping (privately) in the White House pool.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 am

If I went skinny dipping "privately" and all these years later people were talking about it I would be disturbed.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 am

Ramblinman wrote:Evangelist Billy Graham and the late President Lyndon Johnson went skinny dipping (privately) in the White House pool.

There have been several presidents who are known to have gone skinny dipping. I am not sure how "private" those sessions were/are (although I doubt that our current Administrator has gone skinny dipping). I have read of such sessions in which female members of the press corps were allowed to do interviews at the same time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: POLL - How would your current church react to your natur

Postby Bobby » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

They would be appalled.
Bobby
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:10 pm

My pastor knows I model nude for art classes, and has no problem with that. I've told a few people about my visits to Gunnison Beach, but none seem to be interested in considering a visit themselves.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:15 pm

I think that the reaction would depend upon how they found out. were I to set down with them and have a conversation about the reasoning behind my naturism I suspect that most of them would say, "oh, OK I can see that." I doubt that many would be convinced enough to try it, but I believe that many would allow me the freedom to make the choice myself. I do believe that there are some in the church that no matter how much I explained, would continue in their initial knee jerk reaction and even after discussing the translation of the Greek for passages like I Tim 2:9 and I Cor. 12:23 (which really isn't talking about our physical bodies but rather spiritual gifts, and which is grossly mistranslated, obscuring the true teaching on spiritual gifts... but I digress) which are sometimes used as proof texts for Christian Textilism. even then I think that a few would find fault with my naturism or more specifically my nudity. If they found out by gossip I do not think that very many would understand even after explanation.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:09 am

An update to my posting of Thu Dec 08, 2011:

At my Presbyterian church we have a new pastor, and when a conversation in his office wandered around to this topic I told him "So am I." He was shocked and asked, "So you just let it all hang out?" I simply said, "Yes." After a short silence he resumed his original direction of trying to recruit me as a missionary, since I now had so much more time available. I guess he decided I was not going to strip naked in church or bite any one, and he has acted completely normal ever since.

My new wife and I also attend a Baptist church. I wonder how the pastor there would react.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:15 am

I would be curious to know where he had in mind as a mission field ...
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:33 am

I've been told that on the Island of Mindoro, the Philippines the natives don't trust anyone wearing clothes. how do you feel about snakes, they have a larger variety of snakes there than any place on earth from what I am told.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:05 am

Don't? Or didn't?

There is at least one intriguing church on the island, though:

Petros
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Mindoro is divided into Oriental and Occidental (east and west I believe). One is a resort/tourist area the other is jungle inhabited by tribal people. It is the tribal people who wear very little clothing and virtually nothing before puberty. I have wondered how they would react to a nude missionary.
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 am

Over the last year or so, I have become far less concerned about anyone in my church finding out that I am a nudist. I have been there for over two years, so those who want to get to know me have had plenty of opportunity to do so. I am a full member and a faithful attender, so I have gained a certain amount of "protection by familiarity" from negative impressions. I told the senior pastor about a year ago that I am a nudist, but he resigned about a month ago, and unless he told someone else, nobody else knows for sure. Our assistant pastor is now at the helm, and I have a very good relationship with him.

The Florida sun destroyed the AANR decal, so I replaced it with a "God created nudists/Sinners created clothes" decal. I have received a couple of comments about it, including recently in the before-mentioned fellowship group. Neither of those conversations lasted over a couple of minutes each, and if anyone has made the connection, they haven't said any more about it.

I continue to maintain a clear separation between my social-networking activities (Facebook & Twitter) and those of my church friends. One of the elders asked me this morning what I do all day, since he knows that I am retired. I told him that I am an active blogger, and am active with several other bloggers, including a couple of pastors and theologians. He really didn't ask further about my blog and I didn't elaborate. Other than cautioning me to use plenty of sunscreen (he is a doctor), he probably would be one of the more open-minded of my church friends about my nudism. He may be onto it anyone from other things I have told him, but I don't care.

I am naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve :cross:
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports