Village Traffic is DOWN

What general questions do you have about this virtual community that the FAQ link didn't answer? What problems are you having in getting started on this site? All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Village Traffic is DOWN

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:32 am

New Oslo - I will occasionally use real names, like my time in Austin, LA, London; but mostly everything is coded. This - well, there is an actively ethnic Norwegian element in the upper Midwest. You can start there.

And in any case, the sequence will have been played out a few times, I am sure. Be grateful - instead od starting with Spike, Mike, Ike [Spike is particularly appropriate] I could have led up to Moe with Eenie, Meenie, and Minie.

Which was once a shepherd's flock counting rhyme on the Welsh border.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:And now turning once again to the topic of this strip with a question for the Web Servant et al.:
Is it my imagination? It seemed to me that once you were tending to both NC and CNV, that there was an uptick in activity at NC, particularly in the area of new members.

It is not your imagination. I was approached by both owners/administrators for NC and CNV almost simultaneously about taking over the sites. I told them both that I would pray about it. It took me almost two years to come to the decision to take them over and I have worked very hard to make them both good sites that portray wholesome Christian naturism.

It appears that there has been an uptick in membership and activity at NC since I took over, with probably five or six new members joining each day. We now have a few more active women in the women's forum as well. But the content overall is lighter on Christian discussions than it has been here.

Bare_Truth wrote:I think that Christian understanding gets a more consistently mature expression here on CNV. I just think that If I post a topic about "Christianity" here it is more likely to get a more biblically based analysis here and a more contemporary one there. And I admit to an approach that says it is highly important to search the scripture diligently to see if a thing is so.

THAT is the reason this site exists. Some of us at NC got frustrated when we got into DEEP theological discussions or anything "political" under the prior management because topics were often locked or removed if they didn't focus on "naturism" primarily. A few of us got together to start the Village so that we could talk about ANYTHING that concerned us, INCLUDING politics and religion.

When I took over NC, I purposely did not re-register the site as a 501c3 so that we would have greater freedom in our discussions. I figured that if I ever had income to support the site, I would just pay the tax on it and not be hampered by the IRS.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 pm

I was, indeed, unaware of the wide range of definitions for the word banal. I was using it in the sense of Vapid, not thought out, repeating the company line, etc. I was unaware that banal also meant platitudinous etc. Mostly what I was trying to describe on NC is knee jerk reactions which take little thought for the feelings of the person to whom they are directed. An example which comes to mind is the barrage toward natterpiller about her pregnancy. If we use the words of Scripture, I believe that we should take the attitude of the author. The only people Jesus harangued were the self righteous (scribes and Pharisees) You may notice that she is very defensive in her posts. Would this be the case if the afore mentioned haranguing had not taken place? we will never know. Conviction is the province of the Holy Spirit, not the self righteous.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

It seems to me that with the greater number of participants at NC, comes greater diversity of thought and sometimes strongly worded exchanges between those who differ.

Village Traffic is not down here at CNVillage due to strive, so why then?
I don't have a certain answer on why traffic is lower, but could it be that a forum that has a lot of in-depth discussion of the Bible is boring to many of those who stumble upon the CNVillage site?

I don't find it boring at all and hope we don't change a thing!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:49 pm

I wonder if we have enough information to see which members it is down among. For instance, is there a core of villagers who are holding steady and is traffic down because there is another component of posts among the villigers who are not posting. It is plausible that a fraction of the villagers are now spending more time at NC and less at CNV. Now why that would be so I cannot say. I cannot say for instance that such a shift wold be from religious viewpoint. and even if it were from religious viewpoint what would be the key focus. e.g. prophecy, eschatology, fellowshipping, etc. If it is not religious at all what naturist activities/interests might be getting different treatment between the two? e.g. resort reports, social activism, forging international linkages with naturists in other countries age range of participants, etc. What we are talking about is one effect while we are in a vacuum of information. (not to say it is bad to be talking but their might be a more effective way. I believe we have said traffic is down but have we asked why? And then we can ask what if anything to do about it.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:14 am

In addition, since I have been here I have noticed several times an ebb and flow; for some of us - I know it to be true even of me - season, month, day of the month, day of the week canm make a lot of difference. Tonight I will be very brief - early appointment tomorrow - and since January time has ben a a premium.

And with the smaller constituency such effects will be more noticeable.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:20 am

One thing that's easy to see is that very few topics are replied to, and most of them never seem to get replies. There's not much that anyone seems interested in discussing. You have to have discussions and topics that interest people in order to keep a forum going.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Petros wrote:...I could have led up to Moe with Eenie, Meenie, and Minie.

Which was once a shepherd's flock counting rhyme on the Welsh border.
Oh, so that's where that came from! 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Does anyone know why ezduzit left CNV?
Bobby
Native Resident

Postby Bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:16 pm

jochanaan wrote:I would miss this group greatly if it no longer existed.

Naturist-Christians-dot-org is like a megachurch; exciting, attracting a lot of "newbies" and perhaps controversy. Our corner of cyberspace is more like a small community church in which members function like family, with an acceptance and depth of acquaintance and understanding that may not be so much present in the larger group. And over the years, I have come to prefer smaller churches mostly because they can be more like families. 8)

Well said, Jochanaan! :like:
Bobby
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Questions about this website